Jets' New Uniforms Leaked

3 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Every year teams get these new modern looks and players love them, but fans hate on them. These uniforms are nice

Nike is hit and miss. Bills are Top 3 in the NFL, Dolphins are amazing, Seahawks are great, and Browns are great. 

Jags are bad and Tampa is the worst unis in the league. Well.. 2nd worst now. These Jet unis are probably the worst uniform I have seen only above the Packers, Steelers, and Broncos old school throwbacks. 

On 4/3/2019 at 7:46 PM, D82 said:

Someone got paid to design those? 

Right?! Somebody get me in on this racket. I'll grab a Sharpie, draw an all-black uniform on a napkin, sell the design to one of the few teams that hasn't screwed up a classic look (I'm thinking the Colts), make a small fortune, and retire.

1 hour ago, y*so*blu said:

Right?! Somebody get me in on this racket. I'll grab a Sharpie, draw an all-black uniform on a napkin, sell the design to one of the few teams that hasn't screwed up a classic look (I'm thinking the Colts), make a small fortune, and retire.

I believe there is a way to find a balance between a updated modern look while still maintaining that traditional appeal. The Dolphins/Bills struck that balance IMO.

Problem is why doesn't that happen for every team. Nike just sometimes goes waaaaay too over the top with modern appeal. Like in the car industry, not every uniform needs a redesign but they do need a model refresh every decade or so.

5 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Every year teams get these new modern looks and players love them

Do you really think that the players would criticize the jerseys even if they disliked them? Their job is to be hype men for the team’s product. You could put out a complete joke of a uniform and players would tell you they were fresh, because it’s their job.

13 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I believe there is a way to find a balance between a updated modern look while still maintaining that traditional appeal. The Dolphins/Bills struck that balance IMO.

Problem is why doesn't that happen for every team. Nike just sometimes goes waaaaay too over the top with modern appeal. Like in the car industry, not every uniform needs a redesign but they do need a model refresh every decade or so.

Yeah.  There's absolutely a way to infuse a clean, classic sort of design with some crisp, more "modern" elements and there are plenty of good examples of it out there.  It's all in the harmony of detail though.

There is such a thing as going too spartan as well, but it's harder to really botch it by just keeping it overly simple.  It's the ones where they're wandering way out on a "super modern" limb, that tend to end up very ugly, slapped together, and/or amateurish like arena league uniforms.  The further they stray from the "classic" elements.  Yet they keep doing it...

13 minutes ago, Classic said:

I don't understand why they don't make teal their primary color for home games. It'd help make them stand out

I think most Jaguars fans would agree with you. Shad apparently isn’t fond of the teal though, so it is what it is. They have said they’ll use teal for their big games though, so hopefully we get teal when it matters. 

usatsi_11263941.jpg

I think they’d look better with some black number borders, but they’re not terrible.

Also don’t see what’s wrong with the helmets unless the complaint is “I don’t like the logo”. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So I was looking for pics of the Bucs 2018 uniform and came across this on their website?

https://www.buccaneers.com/photos/new-buccaneers-uniform-7134918#ad8af6df-eb37-436b-a82c-8b492aa21cb8

Did I find jerseys not announced yet? These look great. Look like a very modern version of their previous jersey. 

Nope. Those are the Nike Vaporfly uniforms from 2012. 

Archived