3rd Round Pick

dll2000

3rd Round Pick  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pick From These Choices in 3rd?

• K Warring TE SDST
    • Josh Oliver TE
    • Caleb Wilson, TE UCLA
    • Mike Weber, RB, Ohio State
    • Damien Harris, RB, Alabama
    • David Montgomery, RB, Iowa State
    • Darrell Henderson, RB, Memphis
    • Bryce Love, RB, Stanford
    • Ryquell Armstead, RB, Temple
    • Justice Hill, RB, OKST
    • Tytus Howard, OT, ALST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/15/2019 at 01:56 AM

3 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Obviously you can't evaluate production in a vacuum but there are athletic traits you can see from the film and from watching him at the combine that are going to translate. There are plenty of small school RBs succeeding in the NFL right now. Kareem Hunt went to Toledo.

I actually think his game translates better to the NFL than many think but I don't see him as a super breakaway threat that people are expecting. His best traits are balance and short-area quickness. I think he'll have plenty of chunk plays but he won't run away from NFL defenders like he did in the AAC.

IMHO this is what Pace and Nagy are looking at far more than college stats.

If we want to go that route and claim a back ran up yardage against poor teams then what about the two kids from 'Bama.

Not only do they play unranked SEC teams but their non-conference schedule has more patsies than any other top ten team in the country.

We've always been good at finding RBs so I'll trust Nagy and Pace to find a guy who fits and will be productive in his offense.

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Dane Brugler agrees with me on Warring ("gone before 90") and Justice Hill as a good 4th round RB prospect choice. 

Was beginning to think I was on an island re Hill.  

I like Hill, but I think they might look for more of a between the tackles presence.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I like Hill, but I think they might look for more of a between the tackles presence.

Maybe.  If I was running this O, I would personally be looking for speedy slashers who can catch and can line up outside box and be a match up problem if defense comes out in base.  

I think Hill fits that bill nicely. 

Not inside their brain.  

16 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Maybe.  If I was running this O, I would personally be looking for speedy slashers who can catch and can line up outside box and be a match up problem if defense comes out in base.  

I think Hill fits that bill nicely. 

Not inside their brain.  

I think those are touches are Cohen's.

31 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think those are touches are Cohen's.

Hill is bigger and can run inside better than Cohen.  Plus, depth.

5'10 roughly 200 lbs.  Tested best of all RBs in speed and jumps = explosive power.

Film is outstanding.  Hands are good.

He had hurt ribs in 2018 and who knows what else and still played well.  2017 was amazing.

A lot of upside with this guy IMO.  

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Having Cohen on the field tips a defense almost as much as having Howard on the field did.  He's catching or running outside. 

Not true.  I don't have exact numbers, but he ran inside like 15-20% of time he lined up in backfield just to break tendency.

Archived