2019 Western Conference First Round Thread

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, Mossburg said:

Alright, I'll get the ball rolling on the elephant in the room. Is LeBron an idiot for ignoring that Jerry West was running the other LA team?

No.  I think Jerry West is a year-to-year thing with any team he's on.  There have been reports he could leave the Clippers this off-season.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

No.  I think Jerry West is a year-to-year thing with any team he's on.  There have been reports he could leave the Clippers this off-season.

Couldn't you argue that if LeBron joined there's a lot of incentive for West to stay at least for LeBron's duration?

Just now, Mossburg said:

Couldn't you argue that if LeBron joined there's a lot of incentive for West to stay?

I don't know why West does what he does.  He left the Warriors for the Clippers in 2017.  The Warriors had been the best team and just won a championship.... yet he still left.  And he left for a team that has had almost no post season success in their team's history.

I think there's a chance West stays with the Clippers beyond this year, but he could also leave.  Success doesn't seem to make him stay like it would with most people; we saw that when he left GSW.  He is the best executive in pro sports history tho.

1 hour ago, Mossburg said:

Alright, I'll get the ball rolling on the elephant in the room. Is LeBron an idiot for ignoring that Jerry West was running the other LA team?

Clippers have a great org top from bottom (even excluding West) and the Lakers do not. 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I don't know why West does what he does.  He left the Warriors for the Clippers in 2017.  The Warriors had been the best team and just won a championship.... yet he still left.  And he left for a team that has had almost no post season success in their team's history.

I think there's a chance West stays with the Clippers beyond this year, but he could also leave.  Success doesn't seem to make him stay like it would with most people; we saw that when he left GSW.  He is the best executive in pro sports history tho.

I think he wants to leave a team in significantly better shape than when he arrives. His job with the Warriors was done. Clippers job he might see as done, but if he can compete for a ring, maybe he won't. How sick would it be of he created a monster and then went somewhere else and killed that monster?

16 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The Clippers small ball lineup is killing the Warriors small ball lineup. With Jamychal Green at center LA has a +22 rating. The Warriors death lineup is at -10.

Green has been terrible this year and AI needs a walker.  The death line up is dead. They need to abandon it. It kills their spacing when you don’t have to worry about Green or AI shooting 3s

they used MLE money on Cousins and it looked great until he went down. 

They don’t have the depth they used to. 

Still wont matter when you have the 3 best shooters of all time. 

But they are mortal. 

Bogut is gonna get exposed by the rockets, he probably won’t be playable. 

I hope they run the death line up against us. We smoked it last year with our tuck wagon line up. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bingo! 

Chin up @champ11, this was always destined to go 7 games after game 1.

Jokic had an historic game in defeat that no one watched. I looked at the box score and thought wow that’s gotta be a mistake and since no one saw it I’m gonna go ahead and believe it was a mistake. Jokic needs to step up and prove he’s a star in game 7. 

14 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Jokic had an historic game in defeat that no one watched. I looked at the box score and thought wow that’s gotta be a mistake and since no one saw it I’m gonna go ahead and believe it was a mistake. Jokic needs to step up and prove he’s a star in game 7. 

hahah bruhhhh. I thought it was going to be perfect for the nugs to win a playoff series and not even be on the front page of the paper in Denver bc of the draft. 

Nugs played pretty well, but didn't knock down shots. Jokic really only dude that had a good game. Spurs shot lights out, got a great whistle, and pulled away against a terrible shift from the Nugs bench unit. Not a game you win in SA....gonna be a fun game 7. 

35 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Agreed, does the performance even count if no one watched the game? They might as well should have put this game back on NBA TV where it belongs! 

Archived