Micro-Mafia Games - Game 2, Jester Mafia - Night Thusday @ 10pm EST

Dome

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

Obviously it isn't

But if I'm scum and I think Player A is soft claiming a special role and Player B starts doubling down on Player A, then I have it in my mind that player B might actually be the special that Player A is soft claiming to be

Do you get where I am coming from? Mafia, knowing that neither Player A nor Player B are mafia, are probably thinking that one of them is a special and will plan accordingly

That is why I was trying to get some clarity in-thread.

My fear was that ET would be lynched, and you would be hit.

My goal was for the Cop to hardclaim. This would do 2 things

1. Render their power useless until the roleblocker was dead, but at the very minimum it gave the Doctor some direction to keep a cleared civ alive. 1 cleared civ who was unkillable until the Doctor died is powerful (example: Game 1)
  2. A forced hardclaim allows for a counter hardclaim, if available. This exposes a mafia

That was my logic, I explained it in the thread, and the fact that several of you were unwilling to read it is not my fault

I wanted ET to hard claim. It was clear he was dead the minute he soft claimed which made no logical sense if he really was a power role. So I pushed that, then tried to get him to lynch his biggest read (which was you), which he wouldnt do that.

If your endgame was clarity...then push ET not outright out someone you read was a power role based on their push

Just now, The Orca said:

I wanted ET to hard claim. It was clear he was dead the minute he soft claimed which made no logical sense if he really was a power role. So I pushed that, then tried to get him to lynch his biggest read (which was you), which he wouldnt do that.

If your endgame was clarity...then push ET not outright out someone you read was a power role based on their push

Cite your sources?

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Obviously it isn't

But if I'm scum and I think Player A is soft claiming a special role and Player B starts doubling down on Player A, then I have it in my mind that player B might actually be the special that Player A is soft claiming to be

Do you get where I am coming from? Mafia, knowing that neither Player A nor Player B are mafia, are probably thinking that one of them is a special and will plan accordingly

That is why I was trying to get some clarity in-thread.

My fear was that ET would be lynched, and you would be hit.

My goal was for the Cop to hardclaim. This would do 2 things

1. Render their power useless until the roleblocker was dead, but at the very minimum it gave the Doctor some direction to keep a cleared civ alive. 1 cleared civ who was unkillable until the Doctor died is powerful (example: Game 1)
  2. A forced hardclaim allows for a counter hardclaim, if available. This exposes a mafia

That was my logic, I explained it in the thread, and the fact that several of you were unwilling to read it is not my fault

You were tough for me because you made several pro town posts, and also I could follow your logic, including about the hard claim. The post about the cop claiming in D3, for example, was my intention all along (which was why I liked that post when you made it). I almost hopped off you the last day when you randomly threw down on me because you did a similar thing with Orca in game 1 when you were town. But then I thought you may have been doing that intentionally, and as I knew myself was town, I wasn't sure what to do with you at that point. 

I actually regret that I didn't post about how Touch was sketching me out on D2 because I didn't want to incorporate more chaos. Touch was doing a good job with low key chaos brewing, especially when Pickle started pointing the finger at swag, and it was really bothering me because one, I didn't agree with a lot of what Pickle was saying about Swag, and two, as I said, I was fairly confident that Swag was town (though humorously, I think that this largely happened by accident)

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

Because I didn't know which of you was truthing, and which wasn't (and it turns out, neither of you were truthing, despite neither of you being mafia - serious plot twist!)

I didn't want EITHER of you to die until you two started being more forthcoming

Just now, Forge said:

You were tough for me because you made several pro town posts, and also I could follow your logic, including about the hard claim. The post about the cop claiming in D3, for example, was my intention all along (which was why I liked that post when you made it). I almost hopped off you the last day when you randomly threw down on me because you did a similar thing with Orca in game 1 when you were town. But then I thought you may have been doing that intentionally, and as I knew myself was town, I wasn't sure what to do with you at that point. 

I actually regret that I didn't post about how Touch was sketching me out on D2 because I didn't want to incorporate more chaos. Touch was doing a good job with low key chaos brewing, especially when Pickle started pointing the finger at swag, and it was really bothering me because one, I didn't agree with a lot of what Pickle was saying about Swag, and two, as I said, I was fairly confident that Swag was town (though humorously, I think that this largely happened by accident)

I regret jumping votes onto you

I just didn't see Counselor as a name that was getting traction, so I tried a different tact. And since I no longer had you pegged as the cop, then I felt less uncomfortable choosing you.

I should have stuck to my guns, but alas, lack of information makes us do the wrong thing sometimes

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

Because I didn't know which of you was truthing, and which wasn't (and it turns out, neither of you were truthing, despite neither of you being mafia - serious plot twist!)

I didn't want EITHER of you to die until you two started being more forthcoming

Again there was no soft claim to be truthing. You made a read and outed a civ on D1. If I said something like ET is lying...that is a debate on truthing...I didnt claim anything or hint anything to have a debate on truthing. You wanted me to claim based on hour read...this is such bad play its unbelievable

8 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Is it possible that those things only happen when there are good players in the mafia group to do it?

Maybe if the mafia group was player X and player Y instead of Touch, then maybe it is just thumb-sitting and randomized hits

I don’t know.  I tend to lose sight of what others do in chat, because I always do it.  No idea what would happen if I weren’t there manically fixating upon minutia that May or may not be nothing.

Just now, rackcs said:

I started following this part way through and I really thought it was Naz and Counselor. It was an entertaining game to follow for sure.

39 likes with 39 posts. You're killing the ratio. Good work.

15 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Is it possible that those things only happen when there are good players in the mafia group to do it?

Maybe if the mafia group was player X and player Y instead of Touch, then maybe it is just thumb-sitting and randomized hits

I generally don’t have a main theme to my hits, the only one that I tend to go for more than once is chaos. 

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

I started following this part way through and I really thought it was Naz and Counselor. It was an entertaining game to follow for sure.

Just now, Nazgul said:

39 likes with 39 posts. You're killing the ratio. Good work.

I'm a bro and will pay it forward

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

If you know one thing about me, it's that I'm very honest. I don't lie, like ever, during games like this.
And I was very upfront about my role.

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Make sure you join in the next big one we had!

Archived