Micro-Mafia Games - Game 2, Jester Mafia - Night Thusday @ 10pm EST

Dome

6 minutes ago, The Orca said:

This why I keep telling you not to only rely on past games. 

The point is this. Why would I do something so obviously scummy to draw attention to myself. If I'm mafia with Squire and the vote is 5-1-1-1-1 or whatever it was...why on earth would I scream I'm mafia...trying to get Counselor lynched the last second instead of Squire. You have to think critically/deep/outside the box and not on the surface 

The last part there is truly key here. Doing everything I've done almost always would lead to my lynching...so if I was mafia and the last one left if my partner is getting lynched, no one is gonna do the stuff I have...but mafia would push it imo as a reason that I am mafia...which is the whole basis for playing the way i have 

Well, on day 1, past games is just as good of an indicator as some of the slop that gets thrown out there. I mean, in overwatch Gopher tried to use the number of explanation points in my post as a sign of scumminess. People assign intent that doesn't match up just to try and manufacture a "read".   Reliance on past game dwindles with the more information that is presented throughout the current game. 

Why couldn't you have done that stuff to use this at this exact moment to try and proclaim your innocence? Isn't that what you said last game about me doing what I did? That I did the claim a couple days in advance to try and help myself out when the time came for the claim / cc? 

Sure, you could be the jester - that's probably the simplest solution I would imagine, though I don't know why you would fight the lynch at this point.  You're admitting yourself that what you have done would get you lynched, so it's certainly not a town play. If I take what you're saying at value, and you're right, you would never play this way as scum, there's really no options left on the table, because you're absolutely not playing this way as town in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, on day 1, past games is just as good of an indicator as some of the slop that gets thrown out there. I mean, in overwatch Gopher tried to use the number of explanation points in my post as a sign of scumminess. People assign intent that doesn't match up just to try and manufacture a "read".   Reliance on past game dwindles with the more information that is presented throughout the current game. 

Why couldn't you have done that stuff to use this at this exact moment to try and proclaim your innocence? Isn't that what you said last game about me doing what I did? That I did the claim a couple days in advance to try and help myself out when the time came for the claim / cc? 

Sure, you could be the jester - that's probably the simplest solution I would imagine, though I don't know why you would fight the lynch at this point.  You're admitting yourself that what you have done would get you lynched, so it's certainly not a town play. If I take what you're saying at value, and you're right, you would never play this way as scum, there's really no options left on the table, because you're absolutely not playing this way as town in my opinion. 

The more you play the more it will be clear. Trust me...I'm town and explained my actions and why I did them. Dont forget what I have said if I don't stay in the game 

All I'm saying is that you two have wild imaginations, and tend to be ambivalent regarding the extent to which you're willing to allow them to be tethered by external thought, facts, or evidence.

Archived