Micro-Mafia Games - Game 2, Jester Mafia - Night Thusday @ 10pm EST

Dome

29 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Okay, so claiming cop then? Unvote 

If I was a mafia who was special hunting I wouldn’t have commented on my belief that you were a special, I just would have hit you

bad logic is bad

You seemed to unvote real quick despite not getting the clarification from et yet as to whether or not he was claiming cop.  🤔🤔

The connection here is very alarming!

6 minutes ago, SwAg said:

At risk of compromising my ironclad prospective internship, I still think Forge is suspect right now, particularly after this interaction.

I should be like suspect numero uno. 

I've kept myself somewhat ingratiated in the conversation, but haven't really added anything of substance except my own recollection of past games to use against people which is never going to gain traction with others. Lots of filler posts. After talking about how much I love to cause chaos in the last game, I've been decidedly low key in this game, which is odd, no doubt. After talking about how heated I get sometimes in the last game, I'm bizarrely insouciant in this one. And it's not like I haven't tried to set up thoughts for others by using previous games as a baseline to create thoughts on my behavior. I absolutely have. 

I'm shady as hell. 

That being said, I'm voting Counselor. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I should be like suspect numero uno. 

I've kept myself somewhat ingratiated in the conversation, but haven't really added anything of substance except my own recollection of past games to use against people which is never going to gain traction with others. Lots of filler posts. After talking about how much I love to cause chaos in the last game, I've been decidedly low key in this game, which is odd, no doubt. After talking about how heated I get sometimes in the last game, I'm bizarrely insouciant in this one. And it's not like I haven't tried to set up thoughts for others by using previous games as a baseline to create thoughts on my behavior. I absolutely have. 

I'm shady as hell. 

That being said, I'm voting Counselor. 

Well then Forge

Interesting. That's twice now that Counselor has simply retaliated with someone voting for him by casting a vote back. No actual hunting, no reasoning...knows that he's been a bit on the shady side this game, but doesn't like people voting for him. Are you trying to copy my previous games in this one? Because that's a bad idea LOL. No proclamations, no anything. Just retaliatory voting. Haven't seen this before in Couselor's town game. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Interesting. That's twice now that Counselor has simply retaliated with someone voting for him by casting a vote back. No actual hunting, no reasoning...knows that he's been a bit on the shady side this game, but doesn't like people voting for him. Are you trying to copy my previous games in this one? Because that's a bad idea LOL. No proclamations, no anything. Just retaliatory voting. Haven't seen this before in Couselor's town game. 

I’m planning a new strategy every game. Wait till the next one oh boy.

Just now, Counselor said:

It does seem however you started to get a little bit of heat here recently from Swag without anyone actually casting a vote on you and you are now deflecting that heat onto me.

For sure. LIS, I'm shady as hell. 

Just now, Counselor said:

In real life too huh?

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to be shady in real life. My life essentially revolves around work, my 2 year old, and poker. At this point, I'm just boring in real life. 

On 5/5/2019 at 2:26 PM, ET80 said:

Hi.

Enters game

On 5/5/2019 at 2:39 PM, ET80 said:

Welp, this is going to end well. 

ET.

Votes himself

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

It's me, not him.

Acknowledges its him playing

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

Ok then. I'm out. If town is going to be this dumb early on, then have at it.

ET.

Votes himself again basically giving up

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm actually interested in those who voted for me, specifically Tk3.

Sets sights on Tk3

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

There's nothing behind it. I said Hi, then Tk3 jumped. That always frustrates me.

Focused on Tk3

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

Then we're just wasting time.

ET.

Night One speed round? Get me off of this fail train.

Shifted back to hinself

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

Nothing to say. Vote ET for a better America.

In my experience, those who use big words tend to have dull minds. It's like the old saying goes - if you can't impress them with intellect, baffle them with BS, and you're shoveling it out by the dumptruck.

Another vote for himself

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Two things:

- He was quick to follow the Forge vote, with nothing to base it on. Seeing an opportunity, I went full rage mode (part of it was real, part of it was a ruse). 

- Following that fallout, his phrasing towards me tells me he's special hunting. It was specific to looking for something, not as if he found scum...but because he found someone WITH something to hide.

Needless to say, I'll need protection.

Soft claims cop out of no where while making the case for Tk3

Let's examine this based on his potential role

What he did basically

He voted himself at the start of the game, ramping up suspicion while hoping to gain pity and some vote changes. He claimed I think in a way that he did it for reactions (which I can buy) and got one on Tk3. But ended up voting himself again and then has pounced Tk3. Then soft claims cop asking for protection

As a normie does it make sense to do this? I'd suggest it does not. It essentially put a target on his back and then soft claiming cop. It's a death wish while hindering town right? If he is a normie he could gain protection that is wasted on himself, basically hurting town. He possibly could have said it to draw a hit as town, but it's just bad imo

As a cop does this make sense? I'd suggest it does not. Unless he outright claims cop it clouds up the game. Civs dont know whether or not he could be trusted and the doctor doesnt know whether or not to protect him. He has a target for sure just by softing it and there is little to be gained by remaining in a soft claim. Voting for himself hard is way to risky as well imo. In a game that is hammer style he might not be able to get the votes off and hard claiming at a certain point would be questioned due to the heat

As a doctor does it make sense? I'd suggest no as well. Again putting a target on your back with the soft claim regardless and risking death by lynch is a detriment to civs

As mafia does it make sense? YES it does. He votes himself to gain pity, tunnels it saying it gave him a read an pounds Tk3, soft claims cop to get the rest of the votes off, and potentially get the doctor to waste protection or the cop potentially claims and they know who it is

I may be in the minority, but I dont buy what ET is selling this game

Archived