2019 Draft Weekend Discussion!

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

Theres some comfort that we still see things almost exactly the same after all this time. 

Jacobs was my favorite pick from yesterday, he wont ever be a top 3 back, but can i see having 1000-1200 rushing yards and 300-500 receiving yards and 10 total TDs regularly? Absolutely. We've been ok at times stat wise running the football, and having Lynch here was cool, but I feel like its been forever since we've had a running game that can take over a game. We havent had a physical presence back there that also has some youth and spring to their step. Murray had the size, but didnt run with authority. Jacobs is big, powerful, good vision, quick, and has some wiggle, also good in short yardage, the only hole he really has is a lack of game breaking speed, but thats ok. With the way our passing offense is set up (and the ceiling it could have) we dont have to have huge plays from the backfield. We need them to consistently keep us in front of the chains, churn out the hard yards, pass protect, and catch the football. Jacobs always seemed like a perfect match to me. Would I have liked to get Sweat at 24 and land Jacobs at 27? Absolutely. But I like adding that dimension to our offense. Its been lacking, and itll be good for DC to have a run game he can lean on. My favorite thing is actually the thing a lot of people knock him for, the lack of production. His lack of production comes from a lack of carries, not efficiency. He looks like a guy that can take the pounding, but he didn't have to in college, he is fresh and should be ready for a HEAVY workload for the next 4-5 years. It also pushes Crowell to the backup spot where I think hes one of the best change of pace guys you could ask for. Richard can now focus solely on being the receiving threat out of the backfield and in the slot. 

I agree completely on Ferrell. We left value on the table IMO, but hes a guy thats going to contribute and could be the leader of our defense. 

I like Abram a lot, I actually think hes a guy thats going to play SS and in the box, but i see skills that can translate to a guy that can cover backs and TEs. Hes not the MOST fluid safety you'll see, but he isnt ridiculously stiff either. Hes a guy that could play some single high IMO with his speed, range, and instincts (which are very good IMO). He was my number one safety, and I wouldnt have a guy in today's NFL as the top safety if he was strictly an in the box, run support safety, and a lot of analysts feel that same way. Plus like you mentioned he plays with a ton of passion, I can see him being the vocal leader of the backend. Him, Conley, and a guy like Greedy would be a terrific youth movement in the secondary qnd a still relatively young guy like Joyner to lead the way seems like a fantastic idea. Abram can be an elite safety IMO, but his floor is solid starter. I really like the pick, just slightly less than Jacobs but more than Ferrell. 

LMAO that's funny. You outlined most of my thoughts as well. I did notice Abram is bit stiff too, but you pointed out a few things that make me feel more hopeful for him. Could def add some swagger. Greedy would be nice but I'm torn on CBs. I feel like Conley will pan out. Would we be ok with paying 2 CBs handsomely if they both are good? Hard to say. Can't count on that working out, though. I wanna go with one of the Ole Miss WRs at the moment (dont hold me to that haha). Solid value and could develop as AB's physical traits diminish. By the time his career wanes, we could be fine with AJ or DK. Sorta like the Packers have done with Freeman -> Jennings/Jones -> Nelson/Cobb -> Adams, etc. Irv Smith wouldn't be terrible either.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m probably in the minority but I want to trade Joseph for a 3rd or 4th Round Pick today. I doubt we get a 3rd but a 4th would be good. 

I wouldn’t do it for a 5th. 

4th Round can easily net a starting TE or G. 

Yo, I'm down. Lets do this.  KJ gets a chance somewhere else. We don't have to pay him, and we get a chance at a decent player.

1 minute ago, Silver&Black88 said:

LMAO that's funny. You outlined most of my thoughts as well. I did notice Abram is bit stiff too, but you pointed out a few things that make me feel more hopeful for him. Could def add some swagger. Greedy would be nice but I'm torn on CBs. I feel like Conley will pan out. Would we be ok with paying 2 CBs handsomely if they both are good? Hard to say. Can't count on that working out, though. I wanna go with one of the Ole Miss WRs at the moment (dont hold me to that haha). Solid value and could develop as AB's physical traits diminish. By the time his career wanes, we could be fine with AJ or DK. Sorta like the Packers have done with Freeman -> Jennings/Jones -> Nelson/Cobb -> Adams, etc.

Haha I posted earlier that I have Greedy as my top guy right now but have both of the Ole Miss wideouts right behind him as the 3 guys I would love to have at 35. Metcalf would be extremely tempting to me, Brown as well, but the upside of DK is enticing, especially in the second round. 

1 minute ago, Mr Raider said:

Haha I posted earlier that I have Greedy as my top guy right now but have both of the Ole Miss wideouts right behind him as the 3 guys I would love to have at 35. Metcalf would be extremely tempting to me, Brown as well, but the upside of DK is enticing, especially in the second round. 

giphy.gif

My man 😂

Jets trading up to 33 it looks like perhaps. If they do it’s definitely Metcalf IMO. 

I could see the Top Four going like this:

33. Jets - WR DK Metcalf 

34. Colts - CB Byron Murphy

35. Raiders - EDGE Zach Allen (like I said, love Allen)

36. 49ers - WR A.J. Brown (could also see Greedy here). 

If the Cardinals stay put I could see:

33. Cody Ford or Greg Little

34. Byron Murphy

35. Zach Allen or.... do they roll the dice on DK Metcalf?!?

Basically I think Murphy to 34 is a lock. Perfect scheme fit. 

Considering our last pick yesterday I thought of trading KJ as well.... but what do you guys honestly think we could get for him??? I don't see a third... and what are some safety needy trade partners... or player swap for a quality guard???

6 minutes ago, RaiderBall said:

Considering our last pick yesterday I thought of trading KJ as well.... but what do you guys honestly think we could get for him??? I don't see a third... and what are some safety needy trade partners... or player swap for a quality guard???

Maybe a 4th? His play from the last two seasons is pretty good.

want to keep KJ, gives us flexibility 

man I don't know what I want at #35, as it is I see the following as our biggest needs.

DE (Zach Allen)

TE (Irv Smith Jr)

WR (AJ Brown)

G (Dalton RIsner)

CB (Rock Ya Sin) 

could trade back about 10 spots and be likely to land at least one of these guys. 

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

F this if true

would hate this, so much value to be had. And it would make it still seem like we are on the fence with Carr. Hopefully its more smoke to get someone to jump us. 

Archived