Overwatch

cddolphin

1 minute ago, showtime said:

That change for Ana is huge, now she can use Nano to save a target under pretty much any circumstance. Rein is low and you're in a pinch Nano saves him and really shores up your front line.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

That change for Ana is huge, now she can use Nano to save a target under pretty much any circumstance. Rein is low and you're in a pinch Nano saves him and really shores up your front line.

Yeah, that change is sick.  Hopefully with that change and the nerfs to some of the other supports, Ana sees a more prominent role in the meta.

Just now, Danger said:

I like all of the changes, but I'm not sure about the Mercy healing rate nerf, seems rather unnecessary to me.

The developer made a good point.  Mercy just out heals all of the other supports and her healing is so easy to do.  Slowing down her healing rate the right decision to bring her healing down to be more in line with other supports.  Ana can heal a crap ton, but her healing is much more skill intensive than Mercy's is.

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

The developer made a good point.  Mercy just out heals all of the other supports and her healing is so easy to do.  Slowing down her healing rate the right decision to bring her healing down to be more in line with other supports.  Ana can heal a crap ton, but her healing is much more skill intensive than Mercy's is.

Yes but with the proposed healing nerf to her, she would then be doing less healing than Moira across the board. If her main use is healing/rez then you take the fact that her healing is tops, then it's kind of disappointing so to speak. Moira can fend for herself better than Mercy, and also does more healing. Mercy still has more mobility I suppose. 

The problem with her stun is that it requires no skill.  Ana and Roadhog have disables, but they're both skillful.  I'm not sure how they would add a skill set to her shield bash, so the cool down should probably be like 15 seconds or something absurd like that.

They don't have many of these types of interactions in OW, but I think raising the cooldown and adding a mechanic that conditionally reduces the cooldown could be good. Something like "refund 50% of the cooldown if the stun cancels a dash or channeled ability". That way you're rewarded for using it in more meaningful ways, and there's less of the frustrating types of plays like just chain cc'ing someone in a corner.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

The problem with her stun is that it requires no skill.  Ana and Roadhog have disables, but they're both skillful.  I'm not sure how they would add a skill set to her shield bash, so the cool down should probably be like 15 seconds or something absurd like that.

The equivalent to Ana and Roadhog having to aim, is that Brigitte has to be right in front of her target. It's a fair trade off.

Neither hook nor sleep dart would require any skill at point blank range either.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

The equivalent to Ana and Roadhog having to aim, is that Brigitte has to be right in front of her target. It's a fair trade off.

Neither hook nor sleep dart would require any skill at point blank range either.

It's not a fair trade off because she has a shield, which allows her to get in front of her target without taking any damage.  CC is the strongest thing in this entire game (in nearly all games) and she has no draw back to using it.  It's extremely strong and takes absolutely zero skill to execute.

Ana at point blank range with someone is in her face is in danger because she doesn't have a shield that blocks her damage.  Her sleep takes skill to execute.  Example:  A Tracer is destroying you from up close and she is blinking all over the place.  It's really hard to hit a sleep on her.  Brigitte shield bash is extremely easy to hit.

Brigitte has a very low skill ceiling in general and she's strong as hell.  That's why she continues to be picked constantly and is a problem.  At least the developers recognize that the shield bash is too strong and they're trying to nerf it.

I saw this recommendation for Brigitte from someone.

Swap the effects of shield bash and whipshot.

Whipshot is a skillshot, make that her stun and make her shield bash a knock back. Obviously cooldowns would still need to be tweaked. But Knockbacks I'm pretty sure don't effect characters like Rein through his barrier, so that's good. Whipshot should be stopped by barriers at that point, like McCree's flashbang.

Edited by Danger
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 9:01 AM, Danger said:

I saw this recommendation for Brigitte from someone.

Swap the effects of shield bash and whipshot.

Whipshot is a skillshot, make that her stun and make her shield bash a knock back. Obviously cooldowns would still need to be tweaked. But Knockbacks I'm pretty sure don't effect characters like Rein through his barrier, so that's good. Whipshot should be stopped by barriers at that point, like McCree's flashbang.

perfect