Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread

DowNY

7 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

I'd be a sucker for AJ Brown or Hakeem Butler if they fell.

There's still a few quality offensive linemen left and I'm a bug fan of Jachai Polite. Those would be my targets. Some of the CBs that fell out of the first as well. 

I hear there's depth at the TE position for later rounds as well. Wouldn't mind that.

I know we're told to always trust the tape, but Jachai does scare me. I'm hoping some of his numbers are because of the hamstring and not a lack of functional athleticism... same reason why Ferguson scares me as well. 

Pass rushers I'm keeping an eye on because of their speed and bend ability: 

• Chase Winovich (expecting off the board round 2) 
  • Anthony Miller (round 2-3 player; immediate contributor)
  • D'andre Walker (hard to project where, but likely gone somewhere in round 2-4) 
  • Jamal Davis (one of those guys who could go in round 3 based on traits) 
  • Oshane Ximines (hard to project, like Davis could be Day 2 or 3 player) 

To me, the most intriguing on this list is honestly Jamal Davis. He's as green as could be, but he fits the mold of an Anthony Barr or Leonard Floyd OLB/EDGE hybrid with sick athleticism. Has no idea what he's doing, but you can't teach his bend or his traits. Put him on the field as a sub-package player early on and try to teach him the nuances of the position over time. He's still learning how to be an EDGE since switching from OLB a few years ago. His floor is total bust a la Martez Wilson, but his ceiling? Cameron Wake. 

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Pauline reporting the Jets are trying to trade into the top 10 of round 2 for an EDGE rusher, not a center.

I'd speculate it would take us three (3) 3rd round picks to get it done (both this year and one next year). 

Not sure I feel comfortable with that for Polite or Winovich. 

6 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I'd speculate it would take us three (3) 3rd round picks to get it done (both this year and one next year). 

Not sure I feel comfortable with that for Polite or Winovich. 

I'd trade Lee and a 3rd, but can't see that getting it done. 

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I'd trade Lee and a 3rd, but can't see that getting it done. 

Forgot about Lee being a potential piece. He's someone that the Broncos are interested in. 

My guess is it would have to be for Polite. Scary. His tape is great, but between being out of shape, poor testing, and admitting he doesn't watch tape of himself are severe downers.

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

It won't happen but if I were running the show, all of our remaining picks would be on the best offensive lineman or best pass rusher available, unless a player is available with a significantly higher grade (i.e., an AJ Brown or a Rock Ya-Sin falling to round 3). Otherwise, I'm waiting to address CB and WR next year. 

Agree 100% although my guy JoeJuan Williams would be unreal as our late third/early fourth pick. 6’4 cornerback 😌 Sign me up!! 

19 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Forgot about Lee being a potential piece. He's someone that the Broncos are interested in. 

My guess is it would have to be for Polite. Scary. His tape is great, but between being out of shape, poor testing, and admitting he doesn't watch tape of himself are severe downers.

I'd prob go Winovich over Polite

20 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

The best of the second tier and probably the only guy in that second tier is chase Winovich. Fits the high character mold Macc seems to be going for.

Yeah, that's my thought.  Apparently we were high on Polite though.  I'd prob go Winovich over Polite.  

3 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Oh boy dot think this is gonna end well

I really don't like the idea of sending future draft and stockpiling current. I mean if they really love a player go for it, but I would prefer that player be someone to support Darnold (i.e. OL or WR).