CB Julian Love / Notre Dame selected @ 4.108

Giants4eva

Completely overhauled the CB room. In this draft alone, we have added DeAndre Baker, Julian Love, and Sam Beal. Corner is such a tough position to play that I'm a huge proponent of drafting a bunch and seeing who pans out. It's one of the most difficult positions to play and it is difficult to project who will transition well from college to the NFL.

If we get ultra lucky and they all pan out, that is 2 starting outside corners and a slot corner in one draft. The Packers have been trying to build their defensive backfield for like 5 drafts now and we will have done it in one offseason. Fantastic pick, great value. Love is an instant starting slot corner imo and has a better chance to pan out than the other 2 corners we added. 

I was mentioning in my mock draft I wrote a couple weeks ago that this was the guy whom I felt was gonna slip thru the cracks. Im so happy we ended up with him. He was a highly touted corner early in the college season with a late 1st to mid 2nd rd grade. But I knew when Deandre Baker, Rock Ya-Sin and Greedy Williams stepped into the mix he was gonna be the one who slid. So happy we got this kid. And  as far as the secondary I don't think were done. I think we are still looking for a safety

Edited by Giants4eva

Well Bettcher has no excuse to not produce a stout defense at this point... 4 straight picks to help him. I watched quite a few ND games and I was impressed with Love. Glad to have him especially here. You know... take away the dumb Jones pick and DG is actually having a decent draft...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

Well Bettcher has no excuse to not produce a stout defense at this point... 4 straight picks to help him. I watched quite a few ND games and I was impressed with Love. Glad to have him especially here. You know... take away the dumb Jones pick and DG is actually having a decent draft...

Honestly if he had taken Ed Oliver / Josh Allen then the Jones pick at 17... I would say he killed it. In my mock I had Ed Oliver but time to move on. After the Ralph Vacciano report the night before round 1 I was thinking omg.. hes going for him at 6. But. Lets wait and see at this point how the kid does.

• Like 1