> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

This draft is littered with nice slot WR's in the middle to late rounds.

Van Jefferson

Tyler Johnson

Quartney Davis

James Proche

Devin Duvernay

more I am probably not thinking of

Let's get an explosive outside WR and then pick up a slot in the middle rounds

• Like 2

Just now, Scalamania said:

Okay, I assumed you asked with the notion that Sanders is 25 and had nothing to do with his injury history. 

They may not get 1,000 yard but you know what they will do? Catch the damn ball when needed. Catch the damn ball in contested catch situations. 

Sanders was injury prone at 25, but assuming he never had that injury history, then maybe he's worth a late 1st. Unlike Jefferson, you could move him outside and have stretch a D vertically.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Mims specifically. Like I don’t get the can’t catch criticism. I would like to watch more full games. But he made fantastic catches look easy very regularly.

Ive seen Hamler’s issue firsthand. And why I’m wary about him.

I believe Mims drop rate was at or over 15% is 17 and 18. Last year I think it dropped to like 8% or something - that's still a concerning amount to me. 

Mims specifically. Like I don’t get the can’t catch criticism. I would like to watch more full games. But he made fantastic catches look easy very regularly.

Ive seen Hamler’s issue firsthand. And why I’m wary about him.

His 2018 season was bad when he had 11 drops, but it's not like people don't/can't improve. Having good hands entering the draft also doesn't mean they will stay good either. See JJAW. Every prospect is a gamble.

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This draft is littered with nice slot WR's in the middle to late rounds.

Van Jefferson

Tyler Johnson

Quartney Davis

James Proche

Devin Duvernay

more I am probably not thinking of

Let's get an explosive outside WR and then pick up a slot in the middle rounds

Love me some Van.

If we got Mims or Reagor rd 1 (staying pat or a slight trade back) and paired them with Van in the 3rd....I’d be pretty happy. Bonus points for a good Safety in rd 2 or CB that fell.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Sanders was injury prone at 25, but assuming he never had that injury history, then maybe he's worth a late 1st. Unlike Jefferson, you could move him outside and have stretch a D vertically.

With the injury history it's a definite no - without the injury history it's a definite yes. 

Just now, Jeezla said:

His 2018 season was bad when he had 11 drops, but it's not like people don't/can't improve. Having good hands entering the draft also doesn't mean they will stay good either. See JJAW. Every prospect is a gamble.

You're right - he (they) most certainly can improve; but there's also a chance they don't ever improve. 

It is a gamble but wouldn't you bet on less of a risk? 

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Love me some Van.

If we got Mims or Reagor rd 1 (staying pat or a slight trade back) and paired them with Van in the 3rd....I’d be pretty happy. Bonus points for a good Safety in rd 2 or CB that fell.

Also love Van (mainly because I'm a homer) - think his stock is a little too high right now but he'll be a decent pro.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

I believe Mims drop rate was at or over 15% is 17 and 18. Last year I think it dropped to like 8% or something - that's still a concerning amount to me. 

Seemed high from watching the tape yeah. I wish I could find like a cut up of them.

My hypothesis is the truth is somewhere in the middle between “He occasionally has a drop” and “the way he was expected to make plays on the ball at Baylor (coming back late and stretching for the ball) lends itself to drops” 

But I just don’t get how anyone can claim he can’t catch,  even if he did have occasional drops, when he regularly made crazy tightrope catches in college. A skill that’s kinda lacking in this class TBH. He was a vacuum with that catch radius in most games I watched.

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

You're right - he (they) most certainly can improve; but there's also a chance they don't ever improve. 

It is a gamble but wouldn't you bet on less of a risk? 

I'll take the hands risk if they can separate outside. 

Seemed high from watching the tape yeah. I wish I could find like a cut up of them.

My hypothesis is the truth is somewhere in the middle between “He occasionally has a drop” and “the way he was expected to make plays on the ball at Baylor (coming back late and stretching for the ball) lends itself to drops” 

But I just don’t get how anyone can claim he can’t catch,  even if he did have occasional drops, when he regularly made crazy tightrope catches in college. A skill that’s kinda lacking in this class TBH. He was a vacuum with that catch radius in most games I watched.

It's hard to find any cutups or compilations of drops. 

You say he drops the ball occasionally, I say he can't catch - we're really saying the same thing. 

You can make all the crazy catches you want but dropping the ball 15% of the time is too much.