Prospect X/Drew Forbes/Job Stealer of Desmond Harrison

mistakey

I'm always a sucker for stories like this. Priority #1 is to keep Baker upright as much as possible, I kind of like the thought of having a guy who genuinely cares if he allows his QB to get hit

I'm noticing a lot of selflessness has been added to this team since Dorsey arrived. The ultimate goal is winning and he keeps adding guys who just want to win. Its special

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

yeah, my point is this - we took the shot it obviously failed and it seems like theyve found a guy that campen really likes.  im not as high on harrisons chances, especially since the rumors are out there that if Robinson continues to play well we will see an extension mid season.

Thats incredibly harsh. He didn’t obviously fail. I mean, freaking #1 overall pick Jared Goff was BAD his rookie year. Obvious fail. 

Desmond Harrison was the rawest high-upside player in last year’s draft class. You gotta give him more time dude. 

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'd like to see if Harrison can swing inside to OG. That's about the only shot he has to be a long term NFL guy IMO. He's completely maxed out his frame.

What? Why would we move a guy INSIDE who is undersized to play in our power run scheme? He struggles against power facing 250-280 pound DE's so we would move him inside to deal with 300-330 pound DT's? I don't get the logic there.

Also, I think Drew Forbes is a guard all the way. 

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

What? Why would we move a guy INSIDE who is undersized to play in our power run scheme?

I assume that with his athleticism, he could do some pulling, bucking, and trapping laterally (similar to some of the buck sweep concepts we ran under Freddie last year).

He struggles against power facing 250-280 pound DE's so we would move him inside to deal with 300-330 pound DT's? I don't get the logic there.

See above

Also, I think Drew Forbes is a guard all the way. 

Forbes may be able to play either.

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

i dont know why everyone loves desmond harrison so much
a soon to be 26 year old who got benched last year, is way undersized and has issues with suspensions and took 2 years off from playing football

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

yeah, my point is this - we took the shot it obviously failed and it seems like theyve found a guy that campen really likes.  im not as high on harrisons chances, especially since the rumors are out there that if Robinson continues to play well we will see an extension mid season.

It's perspectives like these that irk me. You gave him half a season after he was thrust into a starting role he wasn't ready for as a UDFA...

Per Zegura, he came in to voluntary mini camp in tremendous shape, having bulked up while still looking lean. 

I've said numerous times that Harrison has done enough to earn an NFL offseason before being judged. So far, he's aced it. Let's see how he fares on the field before deciding a kid with 8 games of experience is a failure

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I assume that with his athleticism, he could do some pulling, bucking, and trapping laterally (similar to some of the buck sweep concepts we ran under Freddie last year).

I mean, maybe. He's got the traits to pull and be a lead man, but he's not going to be pulling on every play. He will still have to base block the beefy interior DL in our division's 3-4 defenses. That ain't happening on a consistent basis. No reason to move him off from the OT spot. I still have very high hopes for Harrison.

Guys...Drew Forbes looks legit as hell. I know he's playing against scrubs, but he's an excellent athlete with excellent balance and pacing to his blocking (underrated attribute). Plus my favorite thing about him is that he's mean. He wants to drive block guys into the dirt and make you feel pain. I'm calling it now: He becomes a long-term starter for us at OG.

LT: Desmond Harrison
LG: Joel Bitonio
C: Austin Corbett
RG: Drew Forbes
RT: Greg Robinson

That's the future of our OL methinks.

10 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

This is utterly false. If you want to make such wild and untrue accusations, at least be clear that it is your opinion, so you don't make everyone here dumber.

I shouldn't have to post "it's my opinion". I signed my name to it and it's not a provable statement. If you were in my class, I'd dock you on your paper for being redundant. It's implied.

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I mean, maybe. He's got the traits to pull and be a lead man, but he's not going to be pulling on every play. He will still have to base block the beefy interior DL in our division's 3-4 defenses. That ain't happening on a consistent basis.

He can combo, he can climb, he can block backside, and athletically would have an advantage in pass pro against the bigger/inferior athletes.

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

No reason to move him off from the OT spot. I still have very high hopes for Harrison.

I have no hopes whether positive or negative. I'm rooting for him, but I'm not hitching my wagon to a guy who was "meh", spent time away from football, was an UDFA, and is almost 26 years old.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I should have to post "it's my opinion". I signed my name to it and it's not a provable statement. If you were in my class, I'd dock you on your paper for being redundant. It's implied.

Assumptions and implications are to relationships what Hue Jackson was to the Browns.

Just now, MistaBohmbastic said:

Assumptions and implications are to relationships what Hue Jackson was to the Browns.

A text without a context is a pretext for a proof text.

The entire CONTEXT of my original statement was in response to Robinson being almost 26 years old. How many 26 year olds are done growing/hormonally? MOST if not all. I also put "IN MY OPINION" in the sentence before that statement.

Archived