Prospect X/Drew Forbes/Job Stealer of Desmond Harrison

mistakey

Such a perfect Dorsey quote lol:

In fact, the reason the Browns took Forbes when they did, with their only sixth round pick, is because Dorsey knew he’d be gone if they waited for the seventh round. “There were three teams, five to 15 spots behind us, that were going to pick him,” he says.

Five spots after the Browns picked: Green Bay. Also inside that range: San Francisco, Atlanta and the Jets, three other teams Drew visited.

How does Dorsey know this? “I know what I know, that’s all I can tell you.” he says. “I just know things.”

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i dont know why everyone loves desmond harrison so much
a soon to be 26 year old who got benched last year, is way undersized and has issues with suspensions and took 2 years off from playing football

That's an easy one.  Because his size/length/quickness combo doesn't grow on trees.  He's a somewhat troubled lump of clay who's worth taking a shot on.  If he puts in the work and keeps his nose clean, he has a decent shot.  Otherwise, he was a UDFA who didn't work out.

4 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i dont know why everyone loves desmond harrison so much
a soon to be 26 year old who got benched last year, is way undersized and has issues with suspensions and took 2 years off from playing football

Simply put, He’s a protypical LT if he can get his act together. He did show hints of that. He just wasn’t ready yet. 

6’6 7/8 and 300 pounds isn’t really that undersized. He’s not heavy but that is probably part of the reason his feet are so good.

4 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

That's an easy one.  Because his size/length/quickness combo doesn't grow on trees.  He's a somewhat troubled lump of clay who's worth taking a shot on.  If he puts in the work and keeps his nose clean, he has a decent shot.  Otherwise, he was a UDFA who didn't work out.

yeah, my point is this - we took the shot it obviously failed and it seems like theyve found a guy that campen really likes.  im not as high on harrisons chances, especially since the rumors are out there that if Robinson continues to play well we will see an extension mid season.

5 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Simply put, He’s a protypical LT if he can get his act together. He did show hints of that. He just wasn’t ready yet. 

6’6 7/8 and 300 pounds isn’t really that undersized. He’s not heavy but that is probably part of the reason his feet are so good.

he's listed at a generous 295 on the browns website and weighed in at the senior bowl at 279

As far as Forbes, he has a chance to make it at tackle.  He shows plenty of quicks on tape.  His arms are a bit short for a tackle, so he most likely would be a guard, though.  If he takes to NFL coaching, he could be a menace as a pulling guard.

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

yeah, my point is this - we took the shot it obviously failed and it seems like theyve found a guy that campen really likes.  im not as high on harrisons chances, especially since the rumors are out there that if Robinson continues to play well we will see an extension mid season.

“Obviously failed” isn’t really accurate. He’s 1 year removed from Div. II play. Give him a year. He’s not costing anything and he’s a decent backup as it is. No reason to cut him.

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

“Obviously failed” isn’t really accurate. He’s 1 year removed from Div. II play. Give him a year. He’s not costing anything and he’s a decent backup as it is. No reason to cut him.

Yet...

If others develop in the mean time I’m all about dropping him.

Archived