Tennessee Titans Free Talk Venting Thread

Titans fan 617

19 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Watching Monday night football and they threw out a YAC stat. Only 2 teams have less YAC than the Buccaneers, the Titans are one of those teams.

Terry Robiskie and Mike Mularkey's mutual anti wet dream: throwing Corey Davis the ball in the open field 

11 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Terry Robiskie and Mike Mularkey's mutual anti wet dream: throwing Corey Davis the ball in the open field 

Still don't get how you don't even utilize the 5th ******* overall pick in the draft. Why the hell even pick him then? Completely mind boggling..dude was a complete monster in college and is just rotting here

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Still don't get how you don't even utilize the 5th ******* overall pick in the draft. Why the hell even pick him then? Completely mind boggling..dude was a complete monster in college and is just rotting here

Greg Cossel criticizes the Titans every week about this routinely. The Titans just call plays and that’s it there is no scheming to get anyone open or a plan to get anyone involved. Cossel keeps saying he would like to see the Titans try and feature Davis as a part of the offense instead of just a few targets a game and that’s it 

15 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Absolutely true. I hope this is a situation where Jon Robinson ends up applying pressure to bring in a capable coaching staff. It's like handing the keys to a corvette to a 13 year old who is still using his training wheels and expecting him to know how to drive the car, and all he ends up doing is driving it down the block to his friend's house. Mularkey doesn't conform to players, he expects them to fit his system.

13 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Greg Cossel criticizes the Titans every week about this routinely. The Titans just call plays and that’s it there is no scheming to get anyone open or a plan to get anyone involved. Cossel keeps saying he would like to see the Titans try and feature Davis as a part of the offense instead of just a few targets a game and that’s it 

Absolutely true. Been preaching this for quite some time now.

But then again, the Titans are a franchise who couldn't figure out how to use Kenny Britt and Randy Moss at the same time. Yes, that was Jeff Fisher... but is Mike Mularkey really so different?

9 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Absolutely true. I hope this is a situation where Jon Robinson ends up applying pressure to bring in a capable coaching staff. It's like handing the keys to a corvette to a 13 year old who is still using his training wheels and expecting him to know how to drive the car, and all he ends up doing is driving it down the block to his friend's house. Mularkey doesn't conform to players, he expects them to fit his system.

Absolutely true. Been preaching this for quite some time now.

But then again, the Titans are a franchise who couldn't figure out how to use Kenny Britt and Randy Moss at the same time. Yes, that was Jeff Fisher... but is Mike Mularkey really so different?

Funny you mention Fisher did yous see he wants the Colts or Browns job ? Please go to the Colts

We are all talking in circles at this point, but...

The one thing that keeps me up most at night (other than reminiscing about VY highlights) is the fear that we're never going to find the best offensive mind to match with Marcus' skillset, thus wasting him. Or, at the very least, not finding a coach who's willing to build their offense around Marcus.

The same way the Packers O is built around Rodgers and the Seahawks O is built around Russel, that's what we need to do with Marcus. I know Packer/Hawks fans have their own problems with McCarthy and Bevell, but the fact is, their offenses are built around their franchise QBs. This team, for whatever reason, won't allow that to happen.

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

We are all talking in circles at this point, but...

The one thing that keeps me up most at night (other than reminiscing about VY highlights) is the fear that we're never going to find the best offensive mind to match with Marcus' skillset, thus wasting him. Or, at the very least, not finding a coach who's willing to build their offense around Marcus.

The same way the Packers O is built around Rodgers and the Seahawks O is built around Russel, that's what we need to do with Marcus. I know Packer/Hawks fans have their own problems with McCarthy and Bevell, but the fact is, their offenses are built around their franchise QBs. This team, for whatever reason, won't allow that to happen.

Are you saying you think we will change coaches and still not find the guy or stay like we are?

But one could say both those teams, Packers and Seahawks are too dependent on a system around their guy. 

Seahawks depend on Wilson's magic so much that they failed to develop an offensive line to protect him. 

Packers depend on Rodgers so much that without him, and his tendency to miss a game or two due to injury they fall completely apart. 

It's a hard balance. I like how we at least try to lean on the running game and take the pressure off Marcus to be great for us to win. 

However we do need to give Marcus a bigger plate to eat. Enough sitting at the kids table. Let him sink or swim. 

25 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Are you saying you think we will change coaches and still not find the guy or stay like we are?

But one could say both those teams, Packers and Seahawks are too dependent on a system around their guy. 

Seahawks depend on Wilson's magic so much that they failed to develop an offensive line to protect him. 

Packers depend on Rodgers so much that without him, and his tendency to miss a game or two due to injury they fall completely apart. 

It's a hard balance. I like how we at least try to lean on the running game and take the pressure off Marcus to be great for us to win. 

However we do need to give Marcus a bigger plate to eat. Enough sitting at the kids table. Let him sink or swim. 

I look at it like this...

Ideally (and being realistic), Marcus is a Titan for lets say another 12 years (give or take). Mularkey likely isn't going to be the HC for all 12. Who knows who will be coaching the guy. But my fear is that we're never going to get a guy that builds an offensive system around his strengths. This is where I'm pushing things like Seattle's OL woes and GB's non-Aaron woes to the side, because at the end of the day, the SYSTEM is there to allow the QB to be the star, do what he does best, and be as comfortable as he can be (this is a separate convo from whether or not Seattle is drafting the right OL, in my opinion).

Because Mularkey clearly isn't willing to or isn't capable of it. To use an analogy we've all used before. We are running a Ferrari like it's a 1987 Toyota Camry with a fender being held up by duct tape. Mularkey doesn't know how to ride a Ferrari. My fear is that we'll never get a coach who knows how to ride a Ferrari.

McCarthy knows how to ride a corvette (Rodgers) and Bevell knows how to ride a souped-up Mini Cooper (Wilson). And because of that, their QB is allowed to be as great as he can be.

46 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

That's a fault of the front office in not providing good talent around their star QB, not a failure by the coaching staff in using the star QB.

We haven't really been questioning our drafting or our talent, we're saying we are more talented with our star QB and we still can't score points.

Even if we get a spread offense coach I'd like us to add a new center and a new OG, if not two.

11 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I look at it like this...

Ideally (and being realistic), Marcus is a Titan for lets say another 12 years (give or take). Mularkey likely isn't going to be the HC for all 12. Who knows who will be coaching the guy. But my fear is that we're never going to get a guy that builds an offensive system around his strengths. This is where I'm pushing things like Seattle's OL woes and GB's non-Aaron woes to the side, because at the end of the day, the SYSTEM is there to allow the QB to be the star, do what he does best, and be as comfortable as he can be (this is a separate convo from whether or not Seattle is drafting the right OL, in my opinion).

Because Mularkey clearly isn't willing to or isn't capable of it. To use an analogy we've all used before. We are running a Ferrari like it's a 1987 Toyota Camry with a fender being held up by duct tape. Mularkey doesn't know how to ride a Ferrari. My fear is that we'll never get a coach who knows how to ride a Ferrari.

McCarthy knows how to ride a corvette (Rodgers) and Bevell knows how to ride a souped-up Mini Cooper (Wilson). And because of that, their QB is allowed to be as great as he can be.

Gotcha. 

Well like you did talking in circles. Confidence in Murlarkey and staff to take the offense to where it needs to be is low to non existent. 

I personally think no matter who we get to be the next coach or guy, people will still be mad and want him replaced.

I guess that is where I'm at with Murlarkey. Not even so much defending him, but the position. Because we've gone through coaches and coordinators and it's a broken record. 

Why won't they let him play? (McNair, Young and Mariota)

I hate the play caller. I hate the WRs. I hate the coach. I hate the QB. 

This guy is  a bum. That guy is a bum. He is trash. That's trash. 

Even when we were 10-0 with Fisher, people wanted to fire him because he was playing Collins over Young. 

"Young would have won by 20 instead of 10.". 

I have no problem with wanting people fired or whatever. But people think whoever is next will be some magic pill to make it all right. 

Whoever we get, it's gonna take one bad call before the uproar begins. And that is what I mainly try to fight against. Lack of patience and realistic expectations. 

Sorry. Went off on a tangent there lol

Dilly Dilly. Fire the coach and all that jazz. Lol 

I mean if you're an employer and you hire 4 employees in a row who cannot do their job, do you eventually quit firing them and just say "I'll stick with bad employees" or do you fire them until you get someone who will work for you?

Malarkey is a bad employee and he's just not working. 

We don't need patience with Malarkey. We all had these same complaints the day he was hired and they're lucky we still follow the team after they pulled that bull****. Because guess what? He has done exactly what every one of us who were "being too negative" and "prematurely overreacting" were afraid he was going to do.

He and the optimistic posters asked that we give him a chance, and we did. How were we rewarded for our patience? With one of the worst offenses in the NFL failing to score 20 points in half of our games while our young stud QB who excels in using anticipation and his decision making in a spread out field rots away in a system that focuses on condensing everything, running first, and throwing the ball deep down the field off of play-action with only a couple of people running a route.

Also when you're running game isn't working at all, guess what, your play-action dependant passing game doesn't work at all either. It's a **** system that has gotten progressively worse with every coaching stop he has made throughout his career.

It's not time for patience. It's time for change.

Archived