Tennessee Titans Free Talk Venting Thread

Titans fan 617

55 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Well like you did talking in circles. Confidence in Murlarkey and staff to take the offense to where it needs to be is low to non existent. 

I personally think no matter who we get to be the next coach or guy, people will still be mad and want him replaced.

Don't do a fake coaching search.  Basically...don't do what the Titans did when they hired Mularkey.  Don't do that, and you'll save yourself a lot of headache.  

I have no problem with wanting people fired or whatever. But people think whoever is next will be some magic pill to make it all right. 

Have not seen one person here or any rational person say that.  

30 minutes ago, footlunder said:

Don't do a fake coaching search.  Basically...don't do what the Titans did when they hired Mularkey.  Don't do that, and you'll save yourself a lot of headache.  

This really pissed a lot of people off from the get go. We never once even made an attempt to find a competent coach. We said "He seems nice" and he had the job before the GM was even hired. I don't know if it was because of what we owed Whisenhunt, or if the ownership just had one of those cases where she fell for the loveable loser.

In any scenario, what they did was not acceptable in any way shape or form.

Mularkey is an "Identity" guy...this is my issue. No week to week game planning for specific opponents weaknesses. We are going to impose our will, if we play against the #1 rush defense or the 32nd ranked pass defense, same plan too start, This puts us in too many 3rd and 8+ yard situations. This is what he wants, this is his way, this is his "Identity".

I doubt very much he will hire a new coordinator and allow more flexibility because it's just not what he does.

I hope that this will be what cause him and the Titans to "part ways". I think JRob is going to stipulate that we need a shift in offensive philosophy 1) because we have to play to the strength of the most difficult thing to find in pro football...a franchise QB. 2) the fan base is not showing up to watch "The Dullest Show on Earth"...even a 7-4 team poised to win the division, vs a hated division rival. 3) Now the players are calling for changes in offensive scheme. 

This franchise needs to win games 45-10, even if it's against a winless team...that is what fills the stands and gets the fan base to travel.

15 hours ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

Mularkey is an "Identity" guy...this is my issue. No week to week game planning for specific opponents weaknesses. We are going to impose our will, if we play against the #1 rush defense or the 32nd ranked pass defense, same plan too start, This puts us in too many 3rd and 8+ yard situations. This is what he wants, this is his way, this is his "Identity".

I doubt very much he will hire a new coordinator and allow more flexibility because it's just not what he does.

I hope that this will be what cause him and the Titans to "part ways". I think JRob is going to stipulate that we need a shift in offensive philosophy 1) because we have to play to the strength of the most difficult thing to find in pro football...a franchise QB. 2) the fan base is not showing up to watch "The Dullest Show on Earth"...even a 7-4 team poised to win the division, vs a hated division rival. 3) Now the players are calling for changes in offensive scheme. 

This franchise needs to win games 45-10, even if it's against a winless team...that is what fills the stands and gets the fan base to travel.

This is my issue. Mularkey isn't showcasing Mariota's talent. Spread the offense out and run a one back set so that will open more running lanes for Mariota and the RB and open up passing lanes for the quick hitting pass plays. You can go back to your (Mularkey) ground and pound at different points during the game but a majority of the time it should be spread formations and no huddle. Mularkey isn't going to change. Time to end this charade this offseason before Marcus can opt out and leave here. Marcus isn't going to walk in and bang on the table for change of the offensive scheme, so JRob needs to make the decision and force Mularkey to make personnel decisions or Mularkey can walk next month.  "Bye Felicia"!!  

On 11/29/2017 at 3:58 PM, TitanSlim said:

https://twoqbs.com/in-season/marcus-mariota-and-the-pistol-offense/

Wasn't sure where to put this but here's a brief article on why we should move to a pistol-base offense.

I go back to this in regards to one of the main changes I want offensively.

We have everything to run more of a pistol-based offense, but I rarely recall us running much pistol. I'm not saying every play needs to be in the pistol but I'd like to see it incorporated far more (it's probably too late to do it this season).

They say it's harder to go from 9-7 to 10-6.

Here we are again on Christmas weekend needing to win, to make the playoffs the week after.

Another check mark in the Fire the staff column.  
Watching the Ravens play, we shouldn't be in a position where they make it over us.  Shame.

26 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Playoffs or not, I just don't see how you can extend Mularkey at this point 

he closes out the season at best 1-3. Seriously?

If you keep Mularkey on a 1 year deal you don't give him a chance to improve OC, either. It's a difficult situation.

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

If you keep Mularkey on a 1 year deal you don't give him a chance to improve OC, either. It's a difficult situation.

He hasn't made any effort to improve or fix our O at all this year, though. When does he pay for his own sins?

ps-- if you ask me, running a little bit more no huddle this late in the season isn't an effort to improv or fix. Too little too late 

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

He hasn't made any effort to improve or fix our O at all this year, though. When does he pay for his own sins?

ps-- if you ask me, running a little bit more no huddle this late in the season isn't an effort to improv or fix. Too little too late 

I dunno how many times an offense or defense gets a lot better in the middle of a season, so I'm not sure how much he can do. If he fires Robiskie, Jason Michael takes over, and with the way Mariota has played I'm not sure Michael is back next year, so that's not ideal, which leaves just him taking over the play calling, which is something he's apparently not comfortable doing.

But regardless if you're just going to let him come back with no extension then just fire him. Him coming back on lame duck year does nothing. 2018 turns in to a waste from the start if you don't let real changes be made.

So that's my stance. IF you're keeping Mularkey, extend him and let him hire someone. If you're not gonna extend him ,fire him. None of this 1 year ****

I don't understand this line of...if we don't extend him he won't be able to land a good OC. He will not hire and offensive innovator...he doesn't believe in that...he wants to play it close and grind it out and have a chance to win in the end. If he did loosen up his grip on the offense, we will never maintain a rhythm because if we score TD's on the first 2 possessions, he will force us to change it up and grind out the clock.

It all just comes back to this for me

marcus is our number one priority. Mularkey has made it clear that he doesn't want Marcus to be the focal point of our offense or build an o in which Marcus can thrive. That's irrefutable for me at this point. You don't win Super Bowls that way

7 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

My guess would be that if they were to look for one, they may still find an assistant level type of guy who's too green to land an OC job with more security elsewhere. Maybe even someone who needs to rebuild their reputation, and wouldn't mind taking the risk of it being a 1-year stop, knowing they're to take on an offense that has underachieved with a QB that has underachieved but still has the tools to make that next step, and they can use that opportunity to build or improve their resume and worst case scenario use that to help them land a job elsewhere the following year.

Archived