Jump to content
Texas_OutLaw7

Ranking the (B)East - RB (Overall)

Best NFC East RB  

51 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is the BEST OVERALL RB in the NFC East

    • Jordan Howard, Eagles
    • Corey Clement, Eagles
    • Derrius Guice, Redskins
    • Adrian Peterson, Redskins
    • Chris Thompson, Redskins
    • Saquon Barkley, Giants
    • Ezekiel Elliot, Cowboys


Recommended Posts

Unpopular opinion:

SaQuon very well could have a better career than Peterson 10-15 years from now when they're both done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

(shrugs) I mean I don't think it is unreasonable to vote for Barkley. I wouldn't make that choice - but it's not absurd.

Its not absurd. But if given the chance to vote for a Cowboys player or a Penn State player, 100% of the philly faithful will go penn state.

A very close comparison is going to be a dramatic landslide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should go Guice being the only RB to have rushed for 2,000 yards like AP, but I'll go Zeke.

The RB who has actually  produced at a All Pro Level for multiple years not in his 30's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its not absurd. But if given the chance to vote for a Cowboys player or a Penn State player, 100% of the philly faithful will go penn state.

A very close comparison is going to be a dramatic landslide. 

I think there is like 3, maybe 4 Penn State fans here

Just as many people absolutely hate them, and even more don't care about college teams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Danger

Quote
Quote

Ezekiel Elliott may not be Todd Gurley, but he also may be the best and most complete running back prospect to come out of college since Adrian Peterson. And that will make him very tempting for teams in need of a running back drafting in the first round.https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draftezekiel-elliott-is-the-most-complete-rb-prospect-since-adrian-peterson

Quote

"If he stays healthy he's going to be a (Adrian) Peterson-type back."

This particular scout isn't the first from the NFL to draw the same comparison. An AFC running backs coach told College Football 24/7's Sources Tell Usmuch the same thing last month, and noted a similar reason: the well-rounded completeness of Elliott's game.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000656193/article/scout-ezekiel-elliott-could-be-the-next-adrian-peterson

Quote

 Elliott, in my opinion, is the best back to come along for the better part of a decade — since Adrian Peterson in 2007. https://saturdaytradition.com/ohio-state-football/zeke-prospect-peterson/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Unpopular opinion:

SaQuon very well could have a better career than Peterson 10-15 years from now when they're both done.

Quick question: What college did you go to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think there is like 3, maybe 4 Penn State fans here

Just as many people absolutely hate them, and even more don't care about college teams

How many of you guys hate the Cowboys more than the Giants though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Quick question: What college did you go to?

You already know this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matts4313 said:

How many of you guys hate the Cowboys more than the Giants though? 

90% of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Zeke 131 YPG over 3 years

Barkley 127 YPG over 1 year

Zeke was the most talent RB since Peterson as well. Even if you consider Barkley more talented, its not "by far". Its "by a little bit". "By far" would be like comparing Barkley to Carlos Hyde

@Texas_OutLaw7 => You should have put this one in the Redskins forum. All these Philly fans, who hate Dallas, are going to pick the Penn State all star. Bad choice homie. 

Barks will only get better as they give him a OL to play behind. I know you've beleaguered the Cowboys line as not that good. But they have been for the vast majority of Zeke's time, a good to very good OL.

Also there is growth upwards too, I think Saquon can be a HoF level, generational talent. So Zeke can still be a great player, but Barkley ascends further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

How many of you guys hate the Cowboys more than the Giants though? 

If Giants fans existed, it'd be more of a competition. You guys argue with us so it makes it fun.

I think generationally a lot of us grew up in a weird time when all of you sucked, We saw Eli win two rings, but played terribly against us. Hard to really strike fear there.

So it ends up with things like I hate dallas, but love them for the silly stuff they do.

I think the team I hate the most straight up is probably the Saints weirdly enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

How many of you guys hate the Cowboys more than the Giants though? 

Everyone hates the Cowboys more than the Giants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Danger said:

You already know this. 

 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

90% of us.

@Texas_OutLaw7

This was my point. 

I honestly dont care if Barks wins. He is a super talented RB and had a tremendous rookie season. I just have a feeling that due to this forum, this is going to be an 80/20 vote when the players are closer to 53/47 depending on your preference. 

I would just to be more deliberate in where you post the threads. For example, Left Tackle should be in the Giants forum, they dont have a bone to pick in that debate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matts4313 said:

 

@Texas_OutLaw7

This was my point. 

I honestly dont care if Barks wins. He is a super talented RB and had a tremendous rookie season. I just have a feeling that due to this forum, this is going to be an 80/20 vote when the players are closer to 53/47 depending on your preference. 

I would just to be more deliberate in where you post the threads. For example, Left Tackle should be in the Giants forum, they dont have a bone to pick in that debate. 

One other thing to consider is that here on FF Giants fans don't exist, so that will balance out the poll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Barks will only get better as they give him a OL to play behind. I know you've beleaguered the Cowboys line as not that good. But they have been for the vast majority of Zeke's time, a good to very good OL.

Also there is growth upwards too, I think Saquon can be a HoF level, generational talent. So Zeke can still be a great player, but Barkley ascends further.

The Cowboys have been dog poop pass blocking. And weve been injured quite a bit. But I would 100% agree that we are better run blockers than the Giants OL. 

Of course, Barkley was used a lot in the passing game to counter the Giants crap OL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×