NL Cy Young

mission27

5 minutes ago, mission27 said:

What would it take for Kershaw to get NL Cy Young?

Right now he's 15-2 with a 2.04 ERA.  Lets say he goes 5-0 down the stretch and finishes 20-2 with a sub 2.0 ERA... could they keep it from him, even with missing a month?

I think Scherzer is more deserving

21 minutes ago, mission27 said:

What would it take for Kershaw to get NL Cy Young?

Right now he's 15-2 with a 2.04 ERA.  Lets say he goes 5-0 down the stretch and finishes 20-2 with a sub 2.0 ERA... could they keep it from him, even with missing a month?

For a Saber voter it won't happen. Not enough time to catch Scherzer.

For the non Saber guy it's possible they already see Kershaw above Scherzer. Scherzer has missed a few starts as well so it isn't quite as stark. Right now he has wins and ERA over Scherzer. That will be enough for some people.

Ultimately though I'd be surprised if Scherzer doesn't win it.

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

For a Saber voter it won't happen. Not enough time to catch Scherzer.

For the non Saber guy it's possible they already see Kershaw above Scherzer. Scherzer has missed a few starts as well so it isn't quite as stark. Right now he has wins and ERA over Scherzer. That will be enough for some people.

Ultimately though I'd be surprised if Scherzer doesn't win it.

The non-Saber voter is also going to penalize Kershaw because his team was so good his performance wasn't needed. 

It depends on how you view CY, tbh.  If you view it as just MVP of the pitchers then its tough to not give it to Scherzer.  But if Kershaw goes 20-2 despite missing a month and leads the league in ERA and FIP, isn't that more impressive than what Scherzer has done... even if its technically slightly less valuable? 

14 hours ago, playmaker8267 said:

Razor thin margin but I'll go with Scherzer since he has made 4 more starts than Kershaw.

Soon to be six Cy Young awards between them. Sure would be a treat to see these two face off in the NLCS.

Wouldn't hold your breath

What about Grienke? Stayed healthy all season. Could easily have 18+ wins and an ERA under 3.00.

Archived