• Jason Peters, Eagles
    • Lane Johnson, Eagles
    • Andre Dillard, Eagles
    • Trent Williams, Redskins
    • Morgan Moses, Redskins
    • Nate Solder, Giants
    • Chad Wheeler, Giants

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think at the very least this should have gone into the Giants Forum, I don't think even their most biased fan could argue any of their linemen were better than the other teams in the division

Their O-Line gives Cox an Ereckshun.

Edited by Danger

19 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think at the very least this should have gone into the Giants Forum, I don't think even their most biased fan could argue any of their linemen were better than the other teams in the division

Thats what I said...... 

I have a secondary question aside from the poll.

Assuming Health - No Suspension - Full Season for all players...does your vote changed based on if your star QB (assume you have a star QB, Giants Fans) is a lefty or a righty?

I am genuinely curious. 

Also - and I find this interesting - the poll right now has been pretty tribal.

ONLY Eagles fans have voted for Lane.

1 Redskins fan voted for Smith.

1 Cowboys fan voted for Williams.

1 Cowboys Fan voted for Peters (although this is the only vote for this player thus far).

12 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Assuming Health - No Suspension - Full Season for all players...does your vote changed based on if your star QB (assume you have a star QB, Giants Fans) is a lefty or a righty?

I am genuinely curious. 

Well, if you are an Eagles fan, you want a left handed QB. Because Lane Johnson is the GOAT.

2 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am genuinely curious. 

10+ years ago, maybe

But in the NFL this decade pass rushers have shifted, a lot of the top edge players went to the other side a lot of the time. No real boost or handicap for being on the right or left.

I'm not saying that because of the Lane stance, I just think you need two good ones...you can't put a fridge over on the strong side anymore.

12 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Also - and I find this interesting - the poll right now has been pretty tribal.

ONLY Eagles fans have voted for Lane.

1 Redskins fan voted for Smith.

1 Cowboys fan voted for Williams.

1 Cowboys Fan voted for Peters (although this is the only vote for this player thus far).

Thats because they are the biggest homers on the site. Maybe tied with Packers fans. They see no flaws on their own team and every other player is trash. 

Sorry, too many debates in their forum spewing out in this thread.

Edited by Matts4313

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

10+ years ago, maybe

But in the NFL this decade pass rushers have shifted, a lot of the top edge players went to the other side a lot of the time. No real boost or handicap for being on the right or left.

I'm not saying that because of the Lane stance, I just think you need two good ones...you can't put a fridge over on the strong side anymore.

No no, I agree that the NFL had adjusted. My question is more geared towards blindside. Do that hold *any* weight to you at all? (It would, obviously, depend on the QB which is the blindside).

Placing no weight on blind-side is an acceptable answer.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats because they are the biggest homers on the site. Maybe tied with Packers fans. They see no flaws on their own team and every other player is trash. 

Sorry, too many debates in their forum spewing out in this thread.

Eh some people are homers, but I don't see how arguing for Lane is a homer stance. He's an all-pro that gets constantly high grade for blocking.

Eagles are a talented and deep team that has performed well the last two years.It would make sense we have good players, no?

I don't think any eagles fans argued for a player who didn't have a claim at the top spot (except whoever voted for Darby ha)

Just now, Kiltman said:

Eh some people are homers, but I don't see how arguing for Lane is a homer stance. He's an all-pro that gets constantly high grade for blocking.

Eagles are a talented and deep team that has performed well the last two years.It would make sense we have good players, no?

I don't think any eagles fans argued for a player who didn't have a claim at the top spot (except whoever voted for Darby ha)

Its not. The argument that RT = LT is pretty homerish. Especially because it wouldnt shock anyone to see Lane move over to LT if they needed him too. But Lane is an all pro tackle for sure. 

The Eagles are talented. No doubt. You have great players. But many in the NFCE thread treat Eagles players a notch above how good they are, and other teams (specifically Dallas), about 2-3 notches below where they are. 

@Texas_OutLaw7 => how are you going to treat LBs? Is it based on 4-3 or 3-4? Will Kerrigan be listed again? Are we going to have the issue of Jaylon and LVE poaching votes from eachother since they both can play MLB and OLB? 

2 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

No no, I agree that the NFL had adjusted. My question is more geared towards blindside. Do that hold *any* weight to you at all? (It would, obviously, depend on the QB which is the blindside).

Placing no weight on blind-side is an acceptable answer.

I placed the importance of it because of the talent disparity of edge rusher talent on either side.
It was a real thing.

But that disparity doesn't really exist anymore. If anything some of the more dominant edge players are on the other side now.
View as even, if you are stonewalling a good pass rusher, why does it matter?

Defenses always find the weakness..the next wave is interior pressure. You have Donald and Cox leading that charge.
And because of that the Guard position has increased in value.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Its not. The argument that RT = LT is pretty homerish. Especially because it wouldnt shock anyone to see Lane move over to LT if they needed him too. But Lane is an all pro tackle for sure. 

The Eagles are talented. No doubt. You have great players. But many in the NFCE thread treat Eagles players a notch above how good they are, and other teams (specifically Dallas), about 2-3 notches below where they are. 

@Texas_OutLaw7 => how are you going to treat LBs? Is it based on 4-3 or 3-4? Will Kerrigan be listed again? Are we going to have the issue of Jaylon and LVE poaching votes from eachother since they both can play MLB and OLB? 

He would be phenomenal over there, just don't see why holding the fact that we already had a HoFesque talent in JP against him. 
As stated the talent on the defense is at the very least even side to side nowadays. Dominant play, and by your standards...health go into asserting him as the best IMO.

Besides Dak, is there anyone that we "undervalued" to you?

The Giants suck save for really only saquon, the skins have some really great players, but than are really bad in the other half of the roster.
The Cowboys and Eagles are the two most "complete teams", therefore the Eagles are going to be in a lot more of these arguments save for Corner, RB and LB.
Even ones where we have talent like WR and DE, we all pretty much agreed with the correct take that Cooper and Lawrence are better...and that's even with the marks against Lawrence gets for not really ever being good against us/Lane.

• Like 1

Even if the best rusher is on the strong side, the QB can SEE better on that side. He can't see very well behind him. He is blind to that side. So there could be instances where the RTs guy would have sacked the QB had he not seen him coming. 

Edited by DaBoys

6 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Even if the best rusher is on the strong side, the QB can SEE better on that side. He can't see very well behind him. He is blind to that side. So there could be instances where the RTs guy would have sacked the QB had he not seen him coming. 

sometimes sure, but I think it's probably a small number of times over the course of the year that happens.
If an edge beats your tackle, there isn't much you can do. Especially with guys like Mack/Miller/Houston/Watt

QB pressures and other stats still count then, and Lane still has ranked higher by those who grade that kind of stuff.

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Besides Dak, is there anyone that we "undervalued" to you?

90% of our conversation revolves around Dak. But you guys bash Garrett way too much as well, without recognizing all the good he has done for us. You all still make terrible jokes about Jerry every chance you get, even though he doesnt really do anything besides media/marketing now. Sean Lee was your punching bag, while ignoring your own teams injury prone players. You guys actually over state our OL the last 2 years in an attempt to bash the skill positions. There was a period there where Zeke "woman beater" jokes were prevalent, but as the facts came out, that stopped.

12 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Strong side also is normally where the TE lines up. Making the RT's job easier.