Minicamp/OTA/TC Thread

https://titansized.com/2019/08/06/tennessee-titans-training-camp-notes-day-10-marcus-mariota-back/4/

read the article on what it says bout Tajae the exact same thing I’ve basically been saying, he can very well be our #2 for reasons, Corey Davis drawing double coverage, defenses keying in on stopping Humphries, Delanie & Author smith knowing how to use him. Now, when I call him a #2 I’m not saying #2 option I’m simply saying starting across from Davis & thriving in a role he can succeed in 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

https://titansized.com/2019/08/06/tennessee-titans-training-camp-notes-day-10-marcus-mariota-back/4/

read the article on what it says bout Tajae the exact same thing I’ve basically been saying, he can very well be our #2 for reasons, Corey Davis drawing double coverage, defenses keying in on stopping Humphries, Delanie & Author smith knowing how to use him. Now, when I call him a #2 I’m not saying #2 option I’m simply saying starting across from Davis & thriving in a role he can succeed in 

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, -Hope- said:

this argument is genuinely embarrassing 

only titans fans could go to bat for a receiver as thoroughly unimpressive as tajae sharpe lmao

There's going to bat for him, then there's dismissing the dumb notion that he had an abysmal rookie season.  No one is arguing he's a good receiver.  I really don't see how yall are struggling so much with this.

12 hours ago, titans0021 said:

So, even when making your point, you still couldn't actually find a rookie receiver that was worse than him?

I wasn't trying to find any receiver worse than him.  I'm sure there are a lot if I cared to look anywhere beyond starting quality receivers from the same time.  My whole point is that that stat is worthless.

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

There's going to bat for him, then there's dismissing the dumb notion that he had an abysmal rookie season.  No one is arguing he's a good receiver.  I really don't see how yall are struggling so much with this.

I wasn't trying to find any receiver worse than him.  I'm sure there are a lot if I cared to look anywhere beyond starting quality receivers from the same time.  My whole point is that that stat is worthless.

People still miss the point name a team that’s 3 receivers deep quality receivers not that many teams, the 1’s that are a high volume passing attack team with a QB that can make every throw. The point we’re trying to make is simple, but people make it more than what it is, & that’s Tajae is serviceable nice depth a good #3 WR who in this offense at best is a 4th option. 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

24 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

AJ missing all of camp just hurts my soul

I am really excited to see him actually play.  He's a rookie, so I don't expect much right off the bat, but I'd be happy if he's able to beat out Sharpe/Taylor quickly.  In the long term, my hopes are very high for him.

I'm also getting pretty hyped for Amani Hooker, with what they're saying about his training camp.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

AJ missing all of camp just hurts my soul

Yeah it is almost like a lost season for him. Corey Davis never really recovered from missing camp that first year.  Maybe Brown will be different but I personally am not counting on him this season. Anything he does will be a pleasant surprise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

So at what point does a season become abysmal? Because it doesn’t seem to be when receiver after receiver after receiver that are no longer in the league were better targets for Marcus than Tajae. Comparing yards per target and catch percentage league wide is useless, but on the same team in the same offense with the same quarterback, you’re telling me the likely conclusion is that Mariota was just significantly less accurate to Tajae than every other bad receiver? Because, statistically, he’s been better off throwing to Dorial Green-Beckham, Kendall Wright, Harry Douglas, Rishard Matthews, Eric Decker, Taywan Taylor, etc. But again, the most probable cause for that is that Marcus suddenly is a worse quarterback when throwing to Tajae, not that among a list of non-NFL players, Tajae stands out as the one he was worst off throwing too.

7 minutes ago, tgrades3 said:

I think he is talking helmet model. The NFL just banned a handful of models because they tested poorly. Tom Brady wore the same helmet 

Oh, OK.  That makes a lot more sense.

I mean, it's still a really diva thing to say, but at least now it's not like surrealist bizarre.