Random Thoughts for May 2019

dll2000

FYI,

I posted a video last late winter about a play featuring Howard when I was going to start investigating whether problem was Howard or line.

When I started I couldn't get past dissection of first play that could have been a huge gain in my mind as I showed in video.  

Problem I had just watching one play was without access to coaches I didn't know if line screwed up or not or perhaps coaches screwed up the line call or it was done correctly and just didn't work against that front.  

Now that I have seen more plays in Nagy's preferred run scheme I am sure it was executed properly and called properly it just worked out to be a bad way to block that front.

It was straight zone blocking and not a called counter trap like I was speculating.   (I don't even know if Bears run a counter trap.  I haven't seen them run it.  They should.)   So Leno or line coach did not screw up and blocked it properly with proper footwork.   I will say if it were a called counter trap with a hard double at point of attack it would have been a home run against that front and gained at least 20 yards on that play.  With normal zone blocking the play they had called had no chance to front side because of unblocked safety sitting in box to strong side plus a shift and to succeed on backside Howard would have had to break a tackle since Leno was reach blocking and giving up his inside shoulder to the DL.  

When I did that video I had not seen or broken down myself their run plays.  That was literally the first play I saw and got stuck on that one because I am so detail oriented.

Now that I have watched several more plays closely I have seen the zone blocking play they were running with TE coming backside several times all blocked the way they blocked it and I don't think they have ever even called a counter trap.   So my uninformed speculation was completely bunk with more information.  That's way it goes sometimes.  At least I said I wasn't sure and left that open.  

Had I more time I would have broken down every run play in 2-3 games and had a much better idea of their scheme.  But that was more about learning to do videos and I wanted to put one out for the process.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Standing next to Bray MT looks small is my only point. Nothing beyond that. It doesnt look like a 3" difference. 

Maybe Mitch is a little hunched over?  LOL

IIRC last year Bray was listed at over 230lbs as he was at his Combine as well.  Now they have him at 215lbs so did he lose some weight and now looks like more of a string bean in comparison?  I dunno.  I haven't seen that many pics of all three together but Bray is quite tall.

Give me something to watch on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

My suggestions:

Netflix:  

Badlands (70's style martial arts in a modern fantasy world tv series).

Sherlock (BBC)

Dexter - Hit HBO series from back when about a serial killer who only kills bad guys.   

Office (you are probably aware of this one, but watching reruns helps you fall asleep for some reason).

1st season of Documentary Now - Comedy Mockumentaries. One of them is set in Chicago.  About a Chicago band that had one huge hit album with California Beach songs. LOL.   Second season is terrible and 3rd is not looking promising.

AP:

All of Nothing series - Like Hard Knocks but for a whole season.  Football and Rugby ones are worth watching.  

Sneaky Pete - Great writing and acting.  I don't typically like serial dramas, but this is a good show. 

Curb your Enthusiasm. - This show doesn't make me laugh that much, but I still find it interesting.  Main character is Larry David played by Larry David - the inspiration for George Castanza and a co-creater of Seinfeld.   Larry is supposed to be a jerk and he is, but I find myself agreeing with many of his points.  LOL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Give me something to watch on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

My suggestions:

Netflix:  

Badlands (70's style martial arts in a modern fantasy world tv series).

Sherlock (BBC)

Dexter - Hit HBO series from back when about a serial killer who only kills bad guys.   

Office (you are probably aware of this one, but watching reruns helps you fall asleep for some reason).

1st season of Documentary Now - Comedy Mockumentaries. One of them is set in Chicago.  About a Chicago band that had one huge hit album with California Beach songs. LOL.   Second season is terrible and 3rd is not looking promising.

AP:

All of Nothing series - Like Hard Knocks but for a whole season.  Football and Rugby ones are worth watching.  

Sneaky Pete - Great writing and acting.  I don't typically like serial dramas, but this is a good show. 

Curb your Enthusiasm. - This show doesn't make me laugh that much, but I still find it interesting.  Main character is Larry David played by Larry David - the inspiration for George Castanza and a co-creater of Seinfeld.   Larry is supposed to be a jerk and he is, but I find myself agreeing with many of his points.  LOL.

Dexter was Showtime (not hbo).  An all time great show, best on TV thru season 4.  5 fell off dramatically, 6 was good again, 7 was hit or miss, and 8 was terrific for the first half and then terrible for the 2nd.  With a really, really bad finale.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Dexter was Showtime (not hbo).  An all time great show, best on TV thru season 4.  5 fell off dramatically, 6 was good again, 7 was hit or miss, and 8 was terrific for the first half and then terrible for the 2nd.  With a really, really bad finale.

I read many of books which came before and during.  They had a super natural element to them that the show did not.

12 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Screen-Shot-2019-06-19-at-1-39-49-PM

Mitch and Tyler.  See what I am talking about?

Yeah, and Cody is 6'4" so maybe Bray is more than 6'6" but that's what he's always been listed and and Mitch at 6'3".

I'm hoping Bray can ascend to a #2 spot soon.  We could use Daniels cap costs elsewhere.

38 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Have you read the Hundred Thousand Kingdoms? 

No I have not.  

I tend to generally avoid women fantasy authors as there are very few whose writing style I enjoy.  

I read Robin Hobb and read Harry Potter and just read Jenn Lyons.  

I'll give it a try if you say its good.