2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Just now, seminoles1 said:

I'm well aware.

I know you are.....and thats why you keep wishing him on us.
Just thought I'd mention it so you know I know as well (what with all the side chatter about stupid Laker fans)  :)

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm hoping for Kawhi back to the Raptors, Cousins to the Clippers, and the Lakers get the best of what's left. Morris, Holiday, WCS, either Green, Caruso, Mack, Venleh, and of course...Carmelo.

Danny Green has been extremely open about how much he wants to return to Toronto and knows that it’s Kawhi dependant. If Kawhi stays Danny will stay unless of course someone backs up the brinks truck or Toronto tries to lowball him or suggest a crazy discount. This is something I’m also confident in. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Banter between fans of rival team is as old as there are teams and fans.

Banter has a tone.  I'm familiar with banter.  Most of what a lot of Lakers fans do toward Clippers fans isn't banter.  It's low-grade malice, because it's pretty damn apparent that if the shoe were on the other foot, the wouldn't be able to take it... and likely wouldn't because they'd just stop following the team until they were the rooster of the walk again and they could thump their chests.

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

Danny Green has been extremely open about how much he wants to return to Toronto and knows that it’s Kawhi dependant. If Kawhi stays Danny will stay unless of course someone backs up the brinks truck or Toronto tries to lowball him or suggest a crazy discount. This is something I’m also confident in. 

What a lame. Be your own man.

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm hoping for Kawhi back to the Raptors, Cousins to the Clippers, and the Lakers get the best of what's left. Morris, Holiday, WCS, either Green, Caruso, Mack, Venleh, and of course...Carmelo.

Where does Boogie, even on a 1-year deal make sense for the Clippers?  

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Banter has a tone.  I'm familiar with banter.  Most of what a lot of Lakers fans do toward Clippers fans isn't banter.  It's low-grade malice, because it's pretty damn apparent that if the shoe were on the other foot, the wouldn't be able to take it... and likely wouldn't because they'd just stop following the team until they were the rooster of the walk again and they could thump their chests.

Well sorry you've been subjected to that. There's *******s in any group - but I wouldnt extend the characterization to all of them.

Just now, dtait93 said:

What a lame. Be your own man.

He loves Toronto he’d come back without Kawhi but if Kawhi doesn’t resign he knows we’d be going in another direction. I guess in theory there is a very small chance we could bring him back without Kawhi but it doesn’t seem likely. 

Just now, showtime said:

He did an interview last week where he said he and Kawhi are really good friends.  He strongly implied that he wants to go where Kawhi goes.

Did he also express his affinity for Southern California? :)

Just now, Leader said:

Well sorry you've been subjected to that. There's *******s in any group - but I wouldnt extend the characterization to all of them.

I never said "all," I said "a lot."  As an Angels fan I'm totally accustom to cross-town banter.  And I'm well aware that some Dodgers fans are Richards and they've got their fair share of bandwagoners as well, but I have to give them credit that their diehards are some of the best I've seen in local sports at policing the bandwagoners and having no problem calling them out for what they are.  I can definitely respect that.  It's comparable to what I saw from Raiders fans, specifically in Oakland.  They'll bust your balls, but if some get-along fan even of their own team starts getting too big for his breeches on a rival fan, they'll give as much stick to him as they will the rival fan, if not more.

Just now, The LBC said:

I never said "all," I said "a lot."  As an Angels fan I'm totally accustom to cross-town banter.  And I'm well aware that some Dodgers fans are Richards and they've got their fair share of bandwagoners as well, but I have to give them credit that their diehards are some of the best I've seen in local sports at policing the bandwagoners and having no problem calling them out for what they are.  I can definitely respect that.  It's comparable to what I saw from Raiders fans, specifically in Oakland.  They'll bust your balls, but if some get-along fan even of their own team starts getting too big for his breeches on a rival fan, they'll give as much stick to him as they will the rival fan, if not more.

"Dodger fans are Richards?"

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Did he also express his affinity for Southern California? :)

Naw.  If Danny Green leaves, he needs to reunite with Pop.  (He won't, but the rest of us deserve it.)

Archived