2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

11 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Yeah, we all know that losing in 7 on a triple bounce that prevented OT is just like winning the first 2 at home and getting beat in 4 straight after that.

In your world is losing game 5 by 36 and then winning game 6 by 11 worse than losing 5 and 6 by a more sporting 6 points?

Glad to see you have your priorities in line.

Dude implied that the ECF wasn't competitive yet the margin was a mere 6 points and the Bucks had a chance to win every single one of those games except game 4. 

You took offense to something that had nothing to do with your team. 

And just because a series went more games doesn't automatically mean it was more competitive. 

FFS y'all got bounced, in one game, by the amount we lost by combined in the entire series. 

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

He resigned as a Spur then also requested a trade from there. 

1. He wanted to stay and win with a team who was championship caliber. 

2. He wanted to be around people he could trust and that believed in him. He wasn’t going to stay with a team just to stay with a team. 

3.  Played hard for Toronto even if he wasn’t sure if he was staying. Valued his legacy and true basketball.

What does that have to do with LA though? 

15 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

it was kinda competitive but once kawhi started guarding giannis y'all lost 4 straight games

but a team with kris middleton and eric bledsoe as the 2nd and 3rd best players I can't take seriously as a favorite to make the Finals. and kawhi is still not on the raptors so they can't be favorites.

Dude, it was a crazy competitive series. We held double digit 2nd half leads in both game 5 and game 6. We easily could've won that series. **** happens. 

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Really the league needs to examine how it wants to approach the age of player empowerment. Consumers want the info on where stars are going....obviously the reported information is reliable from the top guys, but it's reporting on what an individual chooses to do in the future....it's something that can change. 

It's starting to take away from the product a bit. I think player movement is great for the league and the guys should have more power than ever before on choosing their destinations. But it also is obviously driving the players crazy and the actual game is being appreciated less. I have no idea how this is going to change, but it's the issue at hand.

Lakers twitter has turned into infowar twitter (it's embarrassing) but the more interesting thing (rather than who is leaking to who etc) is how the league wants to approach the coverage of player movement. And how the players want to handle it. 

If Kawhi doesn't go to LAL, I think we'll see more appreciation for the on-court product this year.

In all reality, the league doesn't have a say in how player movement is covered.

26 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Total points in the series was Toronto 646 - Milwaukee 640. It was extremely competitive, and anyone who says differently either didn't watch or needs to get their head examined.

Side note, Game 4 was arguably my favourite game of the playoffs. Kawhi was practically a non-factor after the double-OT Game 3 and everyone else came up huge. 

Thank you. That series was insanely intense and could've gone a ton of different ways. 

7 minutes ago, Utley said:

If Kawhi doesn't go to LAL, I think we'll see more appreciation for the on-court product this year.

In all reality, the league doesn't have a say in how player movement is covered.

yeah, when i say league I mean all parties involved that are invested in the product 

Just now, NYRaider said:

You're right she's a great owner, Lakers have been tearing up the league since she took over. Rob P has lit it up with all of his great moves... 

Did I say that?  She's a middle-of-the-pack owner.  We've got owners who are more concerned with protecting their bottom line and not crossing the luxury tax threshold.  We've currently got the Bucks who made it to the ECF were more concerned with staying below the luxury tax than retaining their own guys, we've got the Thunder who are reportedly looking to cut salary to get under the luxury tax, etc.  But no, you'll choose to focus only on what you want to.  You'll ignore the fact that the Lakers went from having two of the worst contracts in the NBA in Timofey Mozgov and Luol Deng, and now we're looking at a roster with LeBron James and Anthony Davis and room for a max FA.  But yeah, Jeanie Buss is the worst owner in all of professional sports.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

This is the woman that built the 163-329 Laker dynasty we've come to know and love. @CWood21 she's the best.

How many franchises would KILL to have a duo of LeBron James and Anthony Davis with room for a max FA?  In before you make some sort of comment about how the Lakers "lucked" into the situation.

Archived