2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I was being sarcastic..... your answer on an optimal line-up was dumb.

LeBron has never won without another good isolation scorer. Kemba, DLo, and Kyrie were on the market...

Just now, NYRaider said:

You’re going to ignore that Mitchell averaged 27 when healthy? Conley averaged 21 last season? Bojan averaged 21 on good efficiency when he was the #1 option in Indiana? 

AD has never proven he can win or lead a good team when it counts.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that the Jazz win the NBA title and beat a team like the Lakers en route. It just seems less likely than it is expected of the Jazz to actually accomplish that feat, given the history.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

It's not out of the realm of possibility that the Jazz win the NBA title and beat a team like the Lakers en route. It just seems less likely than it is expected of the Jazz to actually accomplish that feat, given the history.

The Lakers being good 15 years ago won’t impact next season. Mitchell with Ingles as his #2 option was better than LeBron and AD last season. 

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

So they shouldn't have gone after Kawhi if they had a chance? Dumb.

Honestly, people have been saying this, but it's better they didn't even though their starting five would have made them odds on favorites once in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The Lakers being good 15 years ago won’t impact next season. Mitchell with Ingles as his #2 option was better than LeBron and AD last season. 

LeBron and AD weren't playing together though, you can't make that distinction bro? And we're talking about the history of these player matchups obviously, not what the franchises have accomplished. 😂

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

LeBron has never won without another good isolation scorer. Kemba, DLo, and Kyrie were on the market...

I seem to recall the LAL last year werent shooting lights out either.....but till Lebron got hurt and missed a month plus they were right there in the midst of the playoff teams.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

We also have also won 5 titles in the last two decades. What have the Jazz done?

Worst team in the league the last 6 years despite having a storied franchise history and more advantages than any team in the league. 3 top 2 picks, LeBron James, in LA and still can’t win 40 games. Yikes. Enjoy being good 10 years ago though. 

16 minutes ago, showtime said:

Not without Klay they aren't.  I think he has a chance to come back at the end of the season, but there's no guarantee he'll pick up where he left off.  If Klay was healthy, then you'd have a stronger argument.

He will be back for the playoffs and that’s all that matters.

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

Outside of a few rare cases, you're not winning a championship in this league without a superstar.  In the playoffs rotations shrink and it's more about having individual players that can take over games and make superstar plays.  The Utah Jazz don't have a single player on their roster who fits into that category. 

The Jazz might have the best record in basketball next season, but they're going to get bounced from the playoffs.

All depends on seeding. That team should easily be able to win a first round series against a lower seed, but if they get matched up with a fully healthy Clippers, Lakers or GSW - yeah I'm not betting on them in that matchup. But that's not to say they aren't legitimate or Mitchell isn't a superstar (he is) and Gobert and Conley are definitely top 25 players. Just a case of there being some immensely talented teams out west. 

Just now, Leader said:

I seem to recall the LAL last year werent shooting lights out either.....but till Lebron got hurt and missed a month plus they were right there in the midst of the playoff teams.

They were 28-27 with LeBron on the court.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They wiffed like they have with almost every top FA for almost two decades. 

Hmmmm....lets see....
We have Lebron.....
We have AD.....
Is there some reason I need to go back further?

Archived