2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

I'll be done after today tbh. At least with the unreasonable knocking. It'll go back to just a weekly "Hey Pelinka really sucks" when something comes up

I don't mind that. Wanted Pelinka fired this offseason along with Magic.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

Those guys were not super star level players those seasons either. Mitchell is on track but regardless of that isn't there yet.

He missed all of last summer and was out of shape to start the season. The last 44 he absolutely played at a superstar level, check the stats. He struggled in the playoffs but he had an injured Rubio/Ingles as his #2/#3 option... AD/LeBron wouldn't have even made the playoffs with those two as their other primary offensive weapons. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

We can speculate all we want at the end of the day the two hometown boys that wanted to be "Lakers" are Clippers now. The Lakers are the second franchise in LA now bro, get used too it. 

And we saw how well it turned out for Paul George.  He re-signed with the Thunder, and got dealt a year later after he realized that playing with the Thunder wasn't all he thought it was.  And now I know you're trolling when you're referring to the Lakers as the second franchise.  It's cute, but an awful attempt.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I don't know, ask him.  I think he wanted to be the guy on a winner in Los Angeles.  He wasn't going to be the guy in LA with LeBron.  At least not until he retires or falls off the face.

Because they have a better front office and coach. Kawhi knew he couldn't trust Rob P or Jeanie Buss. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Because they have a better front office and coach. Kawhi knew he couldn't trust Rob P or Jeanie Buss. 

I really, really don't think it has anything to do with that, but whatever you want to believe.

Just now, CWood21 said:

And we saw how well it turned out for Paul George.  He re-signed with the Thunder, and got dealt a year later after he realized that playing with the Thunder wasn't all he thought it was.  And now I know you're trolling when you're referring to the Lakers as the second franchise.  It's cute, but an awful attempt.

Players trust Steve and Jerry West to build a winner more than they trust Rob P and Jeanie Buss. It's just the reality of the situation. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

I don't know, ask him.  I think he wanted to be the guy on a winner in Los Angeles.  He wasn't going to be the guy in LA with LeBron.  At least not until he retires or falls off the face.

The reports are that he felt a "kinship" with Doc Rivers that felt like what he had with Ujeri in Toronto. Plus just the fact that it is also in LA and there was a lot more settled there roster-wise and executive-wise.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Why would he want the Clippers over the Lakers?

TBH, I think it has more to do with LeBron.  I think he would rather not play with LeBron and the circus that comes with that.  To me, when you're a guy in Kawhi or Durant's stratosphere, playing with LeBron isn't as appealing as it is to someone like Anthony Davis or a lesser type superstar/star player.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I really, really don't think it has anything to do with that, but whatever you want to believe.

What else could it have been then? Rob P hasn't even shown he can build a team capable of winning 40 games and West has built dynasties...

Just now, showtime said:

TBH, I think it has more to do with LeBron.  I think he would rather not play with LeBron and the circus that comes with that.  To me, when you're a guy in Kawhi or Durant's stratosphere, playing with LeBron isn't as appealing as it is to someone like Anthony Davis or a lesser type superstar/star player.

Perhaps, but reports are that it was about how much Kawhi liked Doc Rivers.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Players trust Steve and Jerry West to build a winner more than they trust Rob P and Jeanie Buss. It's just the reality of the situation. 

What do the Clippers do now?  I see two very similar rosters.  One is led by Paul George and Kawhi Leonard with limited future flexibility.  The other is led by LeBron James and Anthony Davis with limited flexibility.  Just depends on which duo you prefer.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah. Our worst fans are among the worst, but our best fans are among the best imo.

Lakers fans swear that everyone wants to go there and are living off of the nostalgia of being good a decade ago.  

Archived