2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Is 27/5/5 on good efficiency for a 60 win team over the course of a season, not MVP caliber? That's what he was on pace to do when healthy. If Mitchell is top 3 in MVP voting then you use an avatar of my choice forever and if he's not then I'll use one of your choice forever. 

no because the Greek Freak will average 30/12/8 on 59% shooting.

13 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Presti didn't risk a damn thing. People laughed at the Pacers when that deal happened, Oladipo wasnt some untouchable asset. He got moved for Serge Ibaka who the Thunder were actively looking to dump. Elton Brand is a great example of why you don't just dump all your assets into dudes.

Toronto didn't double their assets and Presti certainly didn't trade for Paul George in the hopes of dumping him a year later. OKC lucked into a situation where Kawhi forced the Clippers hands and OKC profited from it. Knocking Ainge for not moving young guys with big upside for one year rentals is STUPID. Its just a bad take and using a ton of hindsight bias. Again, you can knock Brad Stevens for playing Hayward to much and pissing everyone off and not being able to manage Psycho Kyrie but knocking Danny for not packing it all in for a 1 year hope and prayer is a stupid take. Thats how you end up in a 5 year rebuild with a crap roster.

Lol a crap roster. Celtics wouldnt have a crap roster if they traded brown. 76xers dont have a crap roster. Toronto is about to move into a rebuild but they got a championship out of it. Okc have a bunch of assets out of it. I mean if they goal is to have a team who may win a playoff series or 2 for 5 or 6 years than yeah ainge has been killing it. But at this point he is most likely gonna watch the team he fleeced for one of the most lopsided trades ever get to a nba finals before him. That's not doing a great job. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Is 27/5/5 on good efficiency for a 60 win team over the course of a season, not MVP caliber? That's what he was on pace to do when healthy. If Mitchell is top 3 in MVP voting then you use an avatar of my choice forever and if he's not then I'll use one of your choice forever. 

With his actual level of on-court impact? Hell no. We haven't even had a 27-5-5 sniff an MVP over the last 8 years.

Deal. Prepare to switch your avatar permanently. Just don't back out.

5 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Problem is Mitchell got overhyped his rookie season and now Jazz fans run with it. I take Simmons and Fox over him.

This is nonsense. True he is overhyping Mitchell. But Simmons and fox. Child please. 

4 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Problem is Mitchell got overhyped his rookie season and now Jazz fans run with it. I take Simmons and Fox over him.

I really like Fox, so I'll let you have that one.  Fox looks awesome.  But Ben Simmons?  Nah, Ima have to take Mitchell over him.  For everything Simmons does, he just doesn't have the potential to be as good simply because he might be the worst shooter of any perimeter player in NBA history.  His game is built for the 1980's, not 2019.

6 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Lol a crap roster. Celtics wouldnt have a crap roster if they traded brown. 76xers dont have a crap roster. Toronto is about to move into a rebuild but they got a championship out of it. Okc have a bunch of assets out of it. I mean if they goal is to have a team who may win a playoff series or 2 for 5 or 6 years than yeah ainge has been killing it. But at this point he is most likely gonna watch the team he fleeced for one of the most lopsided trades ever get to a nba finals before him. That's not doing a great job. 

Hindsight bias. Kawhi was a huge question mark with what was going on in San Antonio, reason Toronto got him and Danny Green for Demar Derozan. Pacers wanted more out of us than they got from Thunder, and again all the rumors were “he’s just going to leave for LA” and well look where he ended up, no guarantee he doesn’t up and leave Boston after a year. AD? No brainer to not move Tatum plus all your other assets for a dude who’s locking into LA.

We aren’t even having this discussion if Hayward doesn’t have a freak accident and totally change the trajectory of his career. Blaming Danny for not making those moves is such an effing lazy, common fan take. Blaming Stevens? Yeah, that’s fair. He deserves to shoulder some blame.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I really like Fox, so I'll let you have that one.  Fox looks awesome.  But Ben Simmons?  Nah, Ima have to take Mitchell over him.  For everything Simmons does, he just doesn't have the potential to be as good simply because he might be the worst shooter of any perimeter player in NBA history.  His game is built for the 1980's, not 2019.

Jump shooting is a big part sure but he does everything else well and he is still scoring efficiently. Simmons averaged 17/9/8, 20 PER on 56% shooting and has become underrated. Bigger impact player.

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

This is nonsense. True he is overhyping Mitchell. But Simmons and fox. Child please. 

The D-Mitchell slander has gotten outrageous at this point.

8 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

With his actual level of on-court impact? Hell no. We haven't even had a 27-5-5 sniff an MVP over the last 8 years.

Deal. Prepare to switch your avatar permanently. Just don't back out.

65 wins too. Ooof. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Leader can get in on this too. 

Nahhhhhhhhhh.
I'm just following along and really dont know enough about Mitchell to weigh in.

He plays in Utah? No wonder I dont know anything about him :)

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

Right now Mitchell is pretty clearly the least impactful of the three.

Archived