Redskins Cuts

turtle28

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Quit defending a terrible front office and he won't have to keep posting it.

I'm not defending them. I'm defending the scheme. Everyone knows the 3-4 can work and has worked, I just posted how 5 teams have been extremely successful in it.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I'm not sure you actually get it though....

What's to get? The scheme works but we haven't had the players to run it correctly?

I get that. The coaches want to run it though and even so, we'll be in a 4-3 or 4-2-5 look 70% of the game.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

What's to get? The scheme works but we haven't had the players to run it correctly?

I get that. The coaches want to run it though and even so, we'll be in a 4-3 or 4-2-5 look 70% of the game.

So we've been drafting and signing 3-4 defenders to run a 4-3 70% of the time? 

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You really think it's the system? Well that makes no sense when the Steelers, Ravens, Packers and Ravens have had great defenses and won Super Bowls with a 3-4 defense. Last year the top defense in the NFL was Houston - without JJ Watt - and they run a 3-4.

Its not the system that has held us back. It's been mostly poor talent.

You all even say that constantly because you point out we haven't had a great true NT since we switched to the 3-4 or really we haven't had a great NT since Salavea tore his achillies 11 years ago. 

That still doesn't mean that this current group won't be better than every DL we've had since 2010 except for the 2011 group or that we'll be able to sign Quinton Dial and or Rubin - if he's cut - to bolster our NT position.

The season isn't starting today.

When you don't have a legitimate NT and fail to understand the need for one, no 3-4 will work. I hate the 3-4, I think it fails to really attack the run and emphasize more of a pass rush than anything. 

Especially when you have weak ILB's like Will Compton. Should have been cut. 

McGee, McClain only play in 4-3.  

Who honestly doesn't think Kerrigan would be better in 4-3 DE.

Allen can play either LE or UT in 4-3.

Preston Smith should never be a linebacker.

Mason Foster and Zach Brown would probably be the two that would be negatively impacted the most as both have struggled in 4/3 in past.

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So we've been drafting and signing 3-4 defenders to run a 4-3 70% of the time? 

Nope. They draft and sign players who can play the 1-gap 3-4 defense and play DT in a 4 man front also. That's why McCloughan drafted Ioannidis and why he had McClain and McGee on his free agency board and why we drafted Jonathan Allen.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Mason Foster and Zach Brown would probably be the two that would be negatively impacted the most as both have struggled in 4/3 in past.

I agree....

Turtle is going throw out stats about Kerrigan and Murphy playing from the 3-4 Edge and Smith getting 8 sacks from the Edge, but to be honest, they would all be better suited using their quickness from the dirt than from a standing position. 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Maybe you should ask McCloughan why he had McClain and McGee on his free agency board and why Tomsula wanted them.

Archived