Redskins Cuts

turtle28

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

While we're evaluating the local mod staff, can you do something about your avatar-less-ness? A burgundy & gold hurricane satellite photo, perhaps?

For real.  If we're going to be the cool gif forum we can't have mods looking like that.  It's just embarrassing.

14 minutes ago, Marcus21 said:

McClure is a place holder for DHall!! He will be cut as soon as DHall is off the PUP. I liked Fish better but whatever!

That's a six week minimum place holder. Why not use it on someone who might actually do something for you?

And I totally think Fish would have been better! :(

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

That's a six week minimum place holder. Why not use it on someone who might actually do something for you?

And I totally think Fish would have been better! :(

maybe they think all the players on market make it easier to Sneak Fish to Practice squad omorrow,Fully Expect us to make a couple claims and McClure isn't on roster on opening day but could be wrong 

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

(jeez, editing that down just to the one tweet was certainly harder than it needed to be)

Things that confuse me (and I'm leaving the last part of that tweet well alone since that horse has been thoroughly beaten today):

• Tyler Catalina over Kyle Kalis? Why? Yes, they were both on the 2nd team and I guess I was focused on Kalis' play to see how he would do to backup (replace?) Lauvao, but I never saw anything from Catalina that said anything other than a guy in a jersey. I don't get that.
  • Jeremy Sprinkle making the roster but Robert Davis getting cut? Even if you pencil in injuries to Reed and Paul, why keep four TEs? What did Sprinkle show in the preseason that made you think he wouldn't survive waivers? As others have pointed out, we have Pyror, Crowder, the equivalent of a British sports car in Doctson (brilliant looking vehicle but always in the shop (*)), The Practice Superstar, and "the guy who made more plays in camps than the rest of the WRs combined but everyone thought he was going to get cut." You kept a 4th TE in comparison to that crew?
  • Who the eff is Stefan McClure and how did he steal that spot from Fish?!

(*) I'm thinking, until further notice, Doctson should have the nickname of Jaguar (got to pronounce it the British way "Jag-u-wahr")

5 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

maybe they think all the players on market make it easier to Sneak Fish to Practice squad omorrow,Fully Expect us to make a couple claims and McClure isn't on roster on opening day but could be wrong 

I would hope that McClure is Mr. 53. I mean, really who is this kid?

45 minutes ago, Woz said:

(jeez, editing that down just to the one tweet was certainly harder than it needed to be)

Things that confuse me (and I'm leaving the last part of that tweet well alone since that horse has been thoroughly beaten today):

• Tyler Catalina over Kyle Kalis? Why? Yes, they were both on the 2nd team and I guess I was focused on Kalis' play to see how he would do to backup (replace?) Lauvao, but I never saw anything from Catalina that said anything other than a guy in a jersey. I don't get that.
  • Jeremy Sprinkle making the roster but Robert Davis getting cut? Even if you pencil in injuries to Reed and Paul, why keep four TEs? What did Sprinkle show in the preseason that made you think he wouldn't survive waivers? As others have pointed out, we have Pyror, Crowder, the equivalent of a British sports car in Doctson (brilliant looking vehicle but always in the shop (*)), The Practice Superstar, and "the guy who made more plays in camps than the rest of the WRs combined but everyone thought he was going to get cut." You kept a 4th TE in comparison to that crew?
  • Who the eff is Stefan McClure and how did he steal that spot from Fish?!

(*) I'm thinking, until further notice, Doctson should have the nickname of Jaguar (got to pronounce it the British way "Jag-u-wahr")

I can understand the Catalina decision. guy can play both guard and tackle. at least they got rid of the bama bust. Kalis was strictly a guard and my hope is they sign him to PS and call him up when Cement feet shows again and again he's not an NFL player. 

Sprinkle- the only blocking TE we have and by far the best run blocker. didn't hurt he was a higher draft pick. The Davis decision is penny wise pound foolish. they signed quick and kept him bot to look foolish in free agency as he is terrible.

no clue on mcclure or fish. 

my shocker was Lanier who hasn't shown he can play in the nfl. I think he may actually be worse against the run than Nancy aka Preston (yes Im aware they play different positions).  He needs at least another year on PS but he is Doug's boy. 

9 of 10 draftees make it. Funny, you don't even need training camp or preseason games because 95% of roster was predicted in May  

15 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

9 of 10 draftees make it. Funny, you don't even need training camp or preseason games because 95% of roster was predicted in May  

To be fair that's because they didn't really get much in terms of UDFAs. Or in the veteran free agent class either for that matter.

1 minute ago, Marcus21 said:

The preaseason is literally the only time players can hit from January to August! That's if you are a playoff team! If you want to get rid of the preseason, you have to change the CBA so players can hit in practice. 

And I could see that being something the NFLPA is willing to bend on in exchange for limiting the powers of Goodell.

Whoa gotta ask where does Dhall fit into this. We have our safeties and corners is he just a nickel guy? He should be released -____- he hasn't had an int for two years no three years and isn't that 4-6 int a year guy any more now if he was I would vouch for him to be on the field z

What do you think about looking to add these cuts to roster or ractice squad if eligible

Roster- ohn Jenkins NT cut from Bears or quinton Dial NT cut from SF

keenan Reynolds WR/KR cut by Ravens we need much better returners

Practice squad 

brad Kaaya QB from lions

caraun Reed DT/DE cut by rams

TJ Clemons OT cut by Minnesota

Ted Karras OG cut by Patriots 

riley Bullough LB cut by TB

Archived