2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

Medical staff cleared Kevin Durant to play.  The doctors always know and want what's best for the player.  Kawhi Leonard is such a bum and forced his way out of San Antonio when he didn't play while the team doctors cleared him!!1111!!!!!

/s

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Medical staff cleared Kevin Durant to play.  The doctors always know and want what's best for the player.  Kawhi Leonard is such a bum and forced his way out of San Antonio when he didn't play while the team doctors cleared him!!1111!!!!!

/s

And if he didn’t play he doesn’t have heart. You can’t win tbh. It’s such a slippery slope. 

I'm not watching the rest of this game.  I'm so sick right now for Kevin Durant.  I hope it's not as bad as it looked and he has a speedy recovery.  Don't ever tell me about what a team doctor has to say and I don't care about any clearance from them.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I'm not watching the rest of this game.  I'm so sick right now for Kevin Durant.  I hope it's not as bad as it looked and he has a speedy recovery.  Don't ever tell me about what a team doctor has to say and I don't care about any clearance from them.

He was adjusting his ankle brace, then moved his hand up.

6 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Am I the only person seeing how laughable Kawhi is when he tries to penetrate?

His first step is slow tonight. 

He is not playing well. Curry came to play and Leonard needs to square up.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

/s

KD is a grown man. He knows the risks. Kawhi wanted out. Kawhi is playing injured now. Stop making excuses for his behavior.

Just now, jrry32 said:

KD is a grown man. He knows the risks. Kawhi wanted out. Kawhi is playing injured now. Stop making excuses for his behavior.

The simplest explanation is that KD was healthy enough where the risk for further injury was minimal, but saying "he's an adult and he knew the risk" doesn't at all absolve the medical staff. 

I don't think this is an example of a medical staff acting poorly (like RG3 in the Redkins' playoff home game on a clearly bum knee), but you're not setting the right standard.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The simplest explanation is that KD was healthy enough where the risk for further injury was minimal, but saying "he's an adult and he knew the risk" doesn't at all absolve the medical staff. 

I don't think this is an example of a medical staff acting poorly (like RG3 in the Redkins' playoff home game on a clearly bum knee), but you're not setting the right standard.

If it were me, I'd play through anything humanly possible. The medical staff isn't stopping me.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Kawhi wanted out after the medical staff for the Spurs told him he can play when he clearly wasn't ready to play.  Then, the team started to alienate him for not playing when the team doctors cleared him.  This is similar to the issue with Derrick Rose and how he wouldn't play after he tore his ACL after Bulls' team doctors cleared him.  The city of Chicago started to alienate him by calling him soft and other negative names.

These dudes can play when they determine it's right to play and they don't deserve to be pressurized by anyone.

Just now, jrry32 said:

If it were me, I'd play through anything humanly possible. The medical staff isn't stopping me.

Which is exactly why the standard of "you know the risks" doesn't apply to medical staffs. They should be removing the decision making power from players, who are basing it on pride and emotion instead of medical training and experience.

Archived