2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

Re: KD's calf injury & Achilles tear, here's the thing - Achilles tears are rarely due to 1 big injury, or even 2 (recent injury and then aggravation).   It's one of the areas of the body that has a really iffy blood supply.   So the wear & tear it gets over years of elite athletic play builds up - and then one day, boom, it gives.   It's why when KD was out for more than the <1 week time period you see with a calf strain, you have to worry if the Achilles is the real issue.    

And the rub?  There's no great way to treat it, other than complete rest - but that only gets rid of the recent inflammation.  It does nothing to the wear and tear damage.    But the whole premise that you can't make the injury worse by playing, is incredibly flawed when it comes to the Achilles area.  And there's no great way to diagnose the injury, as it often looks OK...until it gives out at the end.

Either way,  sucks all around.   KD was pure class, and I hope the idea that he was dogging it, or that he wasn't really needed to help GS win, is now put to rest.    

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You guys catch the Raptors fans who started a GoFundMe for KD's charity as an apology for cheering his injury. It's gotten over 20 G's already haha.

Is that Canadian dollars? 

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Why isn't it enough? What competitive advantage is there from Draymond being whiny girl? How is that advantage not outweighed by a free throw or by an ejection?

I actually agree with you on this one. Why is it actually a rule? To save the refs from intense arguments? To save the refs from players yelling in their faces?

In baseball, the players and managers can get in the umpire's face and yell whatever the hell they want...even literally spitting on them while yelling in anger... Worst case, they get tossed for the game. There is no suspension unless there is something physical. Verbal confrontations should not result in suspension. Ejection? Fine. Fines? Maybe... but suspensions? Why is that a thing for getting a specific amount of technicals and how does it benefit the league?  Is it so the players act like better role models? These refs are paid to handle the emotions of players in the highly intense, competitive nature of a game.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You guys catch the Raptors fans who started a GoFundMe for KD's charity as an apology for cheering his injury. It's gotten over 20 G's already haha.

I would bet that the hundreds of people who were applauding his injury are not the ones donating.

7 hours ago, RaisinBran said:
9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I would bet that the hundreds of people who were applauding his injury are not the ones donating.

And? This just teaches people (hopefully) to not judge an entire collective of people by a few hundred either way

Meh. Atmosphere was heated and people cheered because it gave the Raptors a better chance to win. Just a moment, soon after they cheered for KD.

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Just now, SBLIII said:

Meh. Atmosphere was heated and people cheered because it gave the Raptors a better chance to win. Just a moment, soon after they cheered for KD.

It's frustrating for me, as someone who at some point in my life has been a big Raptors fan (2000s), feels that the majority of people cheering are just casual/barely fans who are just excited to see Toronto having a chance to win something for the first time in 25 years. That's my hope at least. 

Most football fans are disgusted because injuries are a much bigger part of the sport, just like I'm disgusted any time fans cheer or wish injury on football players. 

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

It's frustrating for me, as someone who at some point in my life has been a big Raptors fan (2000s), feels that the majority of people cheering are just casual/barely fans who are just excited to see Toronto having a chance to win something for the first time in 25 years. That's my hope at least. 

Most football fans are disgusted because injuries are a much bigger part of the sport, just like I'm disgusted any time fans cheer or wish injury on football players. 

They are event fans. The tickets are way too expensive for die hard Raptor fans to attend.

Archived