2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

you wouldn't be able to tell me all the players that got hurt against the warriors and the years they happened w/o looking it up. 

no one says the warriors have won 3 of the last 4 titles but only two really count. Or like the Spurs have won 5 titles in 15 years or so but they didn't play KD that one year or Westbrook another year etc.

I barely remember anything about Finals that happened more than 5 years ago.

This is just a lazy stance. Yes the general public will forget but it doesn’t mean there aren’t varying degrees of difficulty between titles or finals runs. 

47 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Probably any remotely knowledgeable NBA fan?

I mean sure it's basketball forum fodder but in the grand scheme of things it feels like something that loses its edge over time.

People can say they still remember how 2015 went down but it hasn't exactly seeped into the way people talk or think about the Warriors. People give KD crap for going there instead of wondering whether we got it backwards and that the real story is the Steph/Klay/Iggy/Draymond core never won anything without a.) Lebron's entire team being dead or b.) needing to recruit KD. 

1 minute ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I mean sure it's basketball forum fodder but in the grand scheme of things it feels like something that loses its edge over time.

People can say they still remember how 2015 went down but it hasn't exactly seeped into the way people talk or think about the Warriors. People give KD crap for going there instead of wondering whether we got it backwards and that the real story is the Steph/Klay/Iggy/Draymond core never won anything without a.) Lebron's entire team being dead or b.) needing to recruit KD. 

That doesn't make it any less valid. All titles are not created equal. All MVP's are not created equal. Some people forgetting or being unaware of key details is not my concern. I care about reality not perception.

34 minutes ago, amac said:

This is just a lazy stance. Yes the general public will forget but it doesn’t mean there aren’t varying degrees of difficulty between titles or finals runs. 

I've never seen an article that has ranked the final runs, I don't think this is a thing that people talk about. it still really doesn't matter that much if you think someone had a difficult finals run or not. also, almost everyone will forget, it's not that important. 

what's more impressive: the raptors beating the warriors with klay missing 1 game and kd missing 3/4 or the warriors beating this raptors team?

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

That doesn't make it any less valid. All titles are not created equal. All MVP's are not created equal. Some people forgetting or being unaware of key details is not my concern. I care about reality not perception.

you don't bring reality into the situation tho. you bring your perception.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

you don't bring reality into the situation tho. you bring your perception.

False. You are the one arguing to remove context by ignoring circumstance.

7 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

what's more impressive: the raptors beating the warriors with klay missing 1 game and kd missing 3/4 or the warriors beating this raptors team?

for me it is definitely the raps beating the warriors

and I don't think people will say this title barely counts for the warriors if they win it

5 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

False. You are the one arguing to remove context by ignoring circumstance.

so what's the reality of the 2015 NBA Finals? enlighten us with some new information and will help us get a better grasp of how we should think of that moment in time.

and then let's stop this discussion because no one really cares

LIS people were picking the warriors in 5 even without KD and some people even truly believed the warriors were a better team without him (not everyone was joking about it). 

Klay probably is back and KD could very well be back as well. This is still a very impressive run. Just gotta finish it off. 

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

so what's the reality of the 2015 NBA Finals? enlighten us with some new information and will help us get a better grasp of how we should think of that moment in time.

and then let's stop this discussion because no one really cares

I've said I don't know how to rate the 2015 Finals. Either team could've won. It's not black & white.

You're the one who keeps quoting me. I was done in this thread multiple times. If you didn't care you wouldn't continue to wrongly argue.

Damn it time for the Dubs. Have a chance to win game 4, but uphill battle. 

At this point it is fair to say he doesn't return to this series. If the Raptors win and are up 3-1? Then no point. If it is 2-2? That changes things but still tough to see him returning. 

Congrats on this ********** title Raptors fans!!! Just know no one will talk about this title 20 years from now!!!!

Archived