Official 53 Man Roster Discussion / Reveal. (Additions in OP)

Displayname

7 minutes ago, Displayname said:

How do these moves affect the comp picks?

I looked it up (I really didn't know much about it) and it from what I read (which wasn't all of it) trades don't affect comp picks. Only UFAs do. Added to that is the amount of the contract and the playing time they get. So, it would appear only Haden would likely have any affect. Anyone with more familiarity can please clarify. 

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

4 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Maybe in terms of coverage, but Golden does not hit like Wilcox.  

Coverage is the #1 priority in today's NFL. Hitting is overrated nowadays. Don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with the trade. I just see as more of a lateral move than a major improvement but any improvement is obviously welcomed.

Everyone looks better in Slow-mo and cool music,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePDbVZTCsu0

3 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Coverage is the #1 priority in today's NFL. Hitting is overrated nowadays. Don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with the trade. I just see as more of a lateral move than a major improvement but any improvement is obviously welcomed.

Everyone looks better in Slow-mo and cool music,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePDbVZTCsu0

Even in a highlight reel, Wilcox looks MUCH more physical than Golden.  Hitting sets a tone and it is very much in line with the tone the Steelers defense wants to set.  So I say physicality is still very much relevant.   Is it more important than good coverage and smart angles?  Probably not, but it's still important.  Regardless, this move looks like an upgrade to the secondary and for that I'm happy.  

Just now, JLambert58 said:

Even in a highlight reel, Wilcox looks MUCH more physical than Golden.  Hitting sets a tone and it is very much in line with the tone the Steelers defense wants to set.  So I say physicality is still very much relevant.   Is it more important than good coverage and smart angles?  Probably not, but it's still important.  Regardless, this move looks like an upgrade to the secondary and for that I'm happy.  

Agree with all of that but I don't see it as some huge difference. After all, Golden sucked at coverage too.

18 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Agree with all of that but I don't see it as some huge difference. After all, Golden sucked at coverage too.

You'll get no argument from me about that.  I think Golden sucks period.  

My larger point is that Golden sucks and Wilcox seems a lot better.   How much better?  Don't know but we'll find out soon.  

Archived