Official 53 Man Roster Discussion / Reveal. (Additions in OP)

Displayname

So Alllen made it? I think that's the right move. Also in regards to Holba, I know some on here were all about it and this isn't an attempt to stick my finger in your face and say "Nanny-Nanny-Boo-Boo" but it was a bad pick. You don't need to DRAFT a LS. I'd say this if he made the team. There were some talented guys still left out there (i.e. Carraway, Price, Myrick..etc). That's not to say they necessarily would have made the team either but at least it would have been at a position with greater competition. 

4 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Off Topic: Jarvis was cut by the Cards. 

Thats just pathetic.   What a friggin' bust.

Just read that the Steelers are 1 of 3 teams in the mix for T.J. Ward. That would be the cherry on top.

He would be better than Mitchell, but he isnt that good.    Nice box safety, but we would still be stuck with another safety that sucks in coverage.

PS....being reported he is signing with the Bucs.   Cant say Im disappointed. Never really liked Ward.

Just read that the Steelers are 1 of 3 teams in the mix for T.J. Ward. That would be the cherry on top.

Lol that would be something else.  He probably remembers, just like Haden, the Steelers smoking his butt 2 times a year for 4 years in Cleveland, and sees they have an elite offense and just a few weak links on D that could be fixed by him = SB.  It would be truly hilarious if 2 former Browns were the finishing touches on a SB run.  Ward will be 31 this year though, so he's getting up there, and Haden has been plagued by injuries.  Hopefully if we get Ward he can still ball, and hopefully Haden is the stud I remember from the Florida days.  I'm usually a bit of a stickler on combine #s unless I just really like how a guy moves.  Haden was one of them.  I'd watched him play enough to know I just loved the way he played and the talent was there even if he looked horrible at the combine (supposedly was injured & that's why he looked bad).  

10 hours ago, warfelg said:

Why would they IR a guy who just played 2 PS games and did well?  My guess is one of Hubbard, Feiler, or or Hawkins gets cut.

Fun fact about Feiler, one of my old camp kids (who's now 22 BTW, that makes me sad) is dating his younger brother.  Given I've kept in touch with her, she said I'm more than welcome to join them at games if I want.

Because Sutton's hamstring injury has been called significant.  And he can be brought back after 8 weeks

Sad to watch as Steelers released Senquez Golson. By not waiving him via injury, it seems that he is healthy. That makes me wonder if they will sign him to the PS. I know that when he does get on the field, someone will have a helluva player. Looking back at our 2015 draft class and it is sad that many our top guys are struggling, can't stay healthy and/or have been traded/released.

23 hours ago, armsteeld said:

I received a Tweet that Ayers said he wouldn't sign to our practice squad if cut. I think he is better than Hunter and DHB but Steelers let his size restrict his growth. 

I think him being constantly injured restricted his growth.

http://m.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-announce-practice-squad/ce611cc3-6cc3-4b0c-a408-6af722283b01

The Steelers announced their practice squad on Sunday, and they are all familiar faces who were waived when the team reduced their roster to 53 players.  

The team signed nine players, while agreeing to terms with one other. Teams are permitted to sign a maximum of 10 players to the practice squad.

On offense the Steelers signed center Kyle Friendicon-article-link.gif, tight end Jake McGeeicon-article-link.gif, running back Fitzgerald Toussainticon-article-link.gif and wide receiver Marcus Tuckericon-article-link.gif. They also agreed to terms with wide receiver Justin Thomasicon-article-link.gif.

Defensively the team signed linebacker Matt Galambosicon-article-link.gif, safety Jacob Hagenicon-article-link.gif, defensive end Lavon Hooksicon-article-link.gif, linebacker Farrington Hugueninicon-article-link.gif and cornerback Dashaun Phillipsicon-article-link.gif.

Archived