2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

Trying to turn this thread back to the draft. 

What round does John Simpson OG project to go? Would he be there in the 3rd round ? 

I’ve liked Simpson for awhile.  Don’t know why his stock slipped awhile back.  I’d like him at 91 or 118.

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Never really mattered that much to me 

It doesn’t matter, really.  Idk I just find it interesting who the people behind the name are.  We all obviously engage in conversations with each other to a decent degree but have no idea who the posters are in “real life”.

the “your black?” comment i guess was just from a joke where someone similarly used a black man’s hand emoji and the guy talking to him had never thought about the guys race until just then.  

Let’s say Queen/Murray are not good value at 19, who do we pick at 19 if we pick a WR at 12? It’s an interesting debate. Outside of LB, you have a slew of prospects: CJ Henderson (do we need him if we sign Byron?), Ross Blacklock (one of my favs), etc. 

Also, what’s everyones out of no where pick? 

Mine would have to be Grant Delpit at 19 if he’s still there. Delpit-Abram has Legion of Boom type potential. Am I worried about Delpits tackling? Absolutely. But no prospect at Pick 19 is perfect. Delpits game outside of tackling, everything is Grade A. Phenomenal player. His tackling was solid in both playoff games as well. I’d like to get rid of Joyners contract completely. 

Edited by BayRaider

Going into the season the Top 4 Prospects were Tua, Chase, Derrick Brown, and Delpit. Remember him being 4 on most boards. His tackling issues just got really magnified this year. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Let’s say Queen/Murray are not good value at 19, who do we pick at 19 if we pick a WR at 12? It’s an interesting debate. Outside of LB, you have a slew of prospects: CJ Henderson (do we need him if we sign Byron?), Ross Blacklock (one of my favs), etc. 

Mine would have to be Grant Delpit at 19 if he’s still there. Delpit-Abram has Legion of Boom type potential. Am I worried about Delpits tackling? Absolutely. But no prospect at Pick 19 is perfect. Delpits game outside of tackling, everything is Grade A. Phenomenal player. His tackling was solid in both playoff games as well. I’d like to get rid of Joyners contract completely. 

Joyner has to be gone next year!  That money can be better spent elsewhere.  Although i do hold out hope a move to FS in ‘20 (assuming he gets moved) will come with better play.  
If things go a different way at 12 and before 19 then the consensus is saying, Delpits not a bad pick at 19, at all.  The tackling issues are overblown, he’s not Mike Huff!  I’d stay away from Henderson I have no real reason other than his tackling issues, which I get is hypercritical after my Delpit comment.  But Henderson and Diggs are like sissy’s out there.  You can clean up Delpits technique and he can heal up... but you can’t change a man’s will and mind.  And I don’t want weak CBs and our defense puts tackling for CBS in high regard.

• Like 1

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

Joyner has to be gone next year!  That money can be better spent elsewhere.  Although i do hold out hope a move to FS in ‘20 (assuming he gets moved) will come with better play.  
If things go a different way at 12 and before 19 then the consensus is saying, Delpits not a bad pick at 19, at all.  The tackling issues are overblown, he’s not Mike Huff!  I’d stay away from Henderson I have no real reason other than his tackling issues, which I get is hypercritical after my Delpit comment.  But Henderson and Diggs are like sissy’s out there.  You can clean up Delpits technique and he can heal up... but you can’t change a man’s will and mind.  And I don’t want weak CBs and our defense puts tackling for CBS in high regard.

Well, to defend your tackling comment, Delpit tackles just fine in big games (not every big game) like the CFB playoffs. I think the lesser important the game, the less his concentration seems to be. 

Henderson/Diggs just refuse to tackle entirely, in any game. I personally don’t like CBs with thin frames either like Henderson. I like em thick. I absolutely was on the Rock Ya-Sin hype train last year. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Going into the season the Top 4 Prospects were Tua, Chase, Derrick Brown, and Delpit. Remember him being 4 on most boards. His tackling issues just got really magnified this year. 

I was watching a PFF YT video on combine disappointments and they really have it to Brown! I get pff often sucks.  Nonetheless, it might be a valid point that he’s not athletic enough to be a high sack 3Tech and might just be a Good runstuffer.  I could see him disappointing and being like Marcell Dareus but slightly lighter and quicker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Well, to defend your tackling comment, Delpit tackles just fine in big games (not every big game) like the CFB playoffs. I think the lesser important the game, the less his concentration seems to be. 

Henderson/Diggs just refuse to tackle entirely, in any game. I personally don’t like CBs with thin frames either like Henderson. I like em thick. I absolutely was on the Rock Ya-Sin hype train last year. 

It could be concentration or injury who really knows.  In just watching YT videos to kind of see what the initial concern was I saw a few misses that seemed like he was running hard to make a tackle and didn’t breakdown properly prior to striking.  He had an ankle injury which certainly would have let to instability when breaking down prior to the tackle.  I don’t think that’s a cop out either.  

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I was watching a PFF YT video on combine disappointments and they really have it to Brown! I get pff often sucks.  Nonetheless, it might be a valid point that he’s not athletic enough to be a high sack 3Tech and might just be a Good runstuffer.  I could see him disappointing and being like Marcell Dareus but slightly lighter and quicker.

I’m sure Brown is going to be a very good pro but I prefer players that are great at a specific thing, like Blacklock is a terrific 3T. Not that I’d take Blacklock over Brown, but I know exactly what I’m getting for my scheme. There’s a lot of Chris Jones in Blacklocks play. Chris Jones had similar underwhelming stats but was always in the backfield. Same with Blacklock, always beats his man with that ridiculous first step and bullrush, but unluckily doesn’t get the finish. 

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Bay: you like Delpit or McKinney more? 

Delpit. McKinneys good at everything except my most important FS trait: Single High Coverage. He’s very below average in Single High. Very exceptional at everything else and play a number of positions. He’s Chauncey Gardner-Johnson from last year. However, against the Chiefs, McKinney would get obliterated. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m sure Brown is going to be a very good pro but I prefer players that are great at a specific thing, like Blacklock is a terrific 3T. Not that I’d take Blacklock over Brown, but I know exactly what I’m getting for my scheme. There’s a lot of Chris Jones in Blacklocks play. Chris Jones had similar underwhelming stats but was always in the backfield. Same with Blacklock, always beats his man with that ridiculous first step and bullrush, but unluckily doesn’t get the finish. 

Blacklock was my sleeper around Xmas when he hadn’t declared yet and was a 4-5th round guy... I said 2nd round value... i really liked him as a 3T.  But now he’s risen so high the “value” wore off and in fact he’s risen way above where I had him.  It’s a personal fault of mine but guys like I can’t stay pumping up, sometimes.  I wouldn’t want him round 1.

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Blacklock was my sleeper around Xmas when he hadn’t declared yet and was a 4-5th round guy... I said 2nd round value... i really liked him as a 3T.  But now he’s risen so high the “value” wore off and in fact he’s risen way above where I had him.  It’s a personal fault of mine but guys like I can’t stay pumping up, sometimes.  I wouldn’t want him round 1.

I agree he’s not a sexy prospect in Round 1, but neither was Chris Jones for many people. At the end of the day though, it’s do you value him over the other guys at 19?

Chris Jones for example, I wanted him at 14 in 2016 (not that I’m trying to sound like the smartest guy in the room, I’m really not ffs, there were a very other posters calling for CJ at 14, and it was a EXTREMELY lackluster draft class after the first 12 players is the thing). Jones to me was a 1st Round Prospect all day long but not a confident-sexy type of prospect at all. One of the rare agreements I’ve had with PFF. Jones was their 10th Ranked Player. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

the out of knowhere pick for me.....kyle dugger.  Especially if there`s doubts about delpit or McKinney. and before anyone blasts off , consider where dugger would be being talked about if he played at bama or lsu. all the measurables are there, he looked at home at the sr. bowl. im going with my gut. you asked for out of knowhere. you said outside of lber as well so that eliminates baun.lol

• Like 1