2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

41 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Then what would you say binds them (Kaepernick, Allen, Mahomes) besides mobility? I think Mahomes is very different from those two. To me, he's Aaron Rodgers redux. I'd also argue Mahomes has already been a success: AFC Championship and Super Bowl Champion in back-to-back years. I really don't see how his career hasn't already been worthwhile for the Chiefs, even if it is short. I think the Panthers would gladly take Newton's career.

For the record, I do think Jackson is a good QB now, but I doubt his long-term viability because his success is based on his legs. I said as much in his draft. Watson I think is more mercurial as a passer as some are willing to admit. A lot of blame goes to O'Brien when I think that team's success and limitations start and stop with Watson. I wonder how good his will be as he slows down, athletically.

My overall conclusion is that mobile QBs whose mobility is the basis of their success are short-term players with limited ceilings. I do not see Mahomes as this type of player. To me, he's tried and true in the tradition of players before him.

Wht binds them is there are all good athletes with strong but inaccurate arms and flawed throwing mechanics and poor footwork. 

The reason they don't crash and burn is they have the ability to ad lib and coaches have very little pro film on them. Sometimes they get one year and NFL defenses figure it out or sometimes it takes 2 or 3 years. It's at that point they start to rely more on their athleticism and them they crash and burn.

I fully expect Mahomes career to unfold like Kaepernick's. The difference being he won his Superbowl while Kaepernick lost his.

Andy Reid isnt coaching forever. Mahomes massive contract will cause the team to not be able to resign them. 

He got so lucky with his knee injury this year that it wasn't more severe. That isn't going to be the case every year. 

I prefer Watson to Mahomes. Mahomes just won the jackpot. Andy Reid, Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce. Are you kidding me? I would have won 10 games if I was drafted by the chiefs coming outta college, and I was a career clipboard holder at Cal. Mahomes has WR/TE that run wide open. He rarely has to fit it in a tight window. He makes some throws that absolutely blow my mind with how amazing they are then he will brutally miss throws that my high school QB make in his sleep. 

I just don't see it. 

• Like 1

Mahomes is nothing universally like Kaepernick... Mahomes can survive as a pure pocket passer, no legs, and still be a Top 5-7 QB. He’s a passer first, by far. And he’s absolutely fantastic at it. His Pocket Presence is Grade A stuff. His arm is Grade A. His accuracy is great. 

Your QB takes are absurd.... let’s revisit:  Mahomes is Kapernick incarnate and will be out of the league soon, Murray will be out of the league soon, Murray shouldn’t of been drafted in any 7 Rounds, Derek Carr is a Top 3 QB and needs more stuff, Carr is better than Mahomes as both a Prospect and NFL Player, it’s all absurd garbage and anyone giving you likes is doing it purely because I’m disagreeing with you and on the Bay hate train. Unless they are as blind as you. 

Edited by BayRaider

14 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I fully expect Mahomes career to unfold like Kaepernick's. The difference being he won his Superbowl while Kaepernick lost his.

Andy Reid isnt coaching forever. Mahomes massive contract will cause the team to not be able to resign them. 

He got so lucky with his knee injury this year that it wasn't more severe. That isn't going to be the case every year. 

I prefer Watson to Mahomes. Mahomes just won the jackpot. Andy Reid, Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce. Are you kidding me? I would have won 10 games if I was drafted by the chiefs coming outta college, and I was a career clipboard holder at Cal. Mahomes has WR/TE that run wide open. He rarely has to fit it in a tight window. He makes some throws that absolutely blow my mind with how amazing they are then he will brutally miss throws that my high school QB make in his sleep. 

I just don't see it. 

Lol he already won the Super Bowl and I’m not sure if you saw him play!?!?!?!? He can put up 3 touchdowns in half a quarter! I love Watson too but damn kid lay off whatever you are smoking

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gannon12 said:

Lol he already won the Super Bowl and I’m not sure if you saw him play!?!?!?!? He can put up 3 touchdowns in half a quarter! I love Watson too but damn kid lay off whatever you are smoking

giphy.gif

Made me lol. He’d probably get banned in NFL General it’s so bad. 

• Like 1

My Current WR Rankings:

1) Ceedee Lamb - Grade: Top 12
    I love this guy's overall game and would love him on the Raiders.
Pros:  Great strong hands, great body control, good athlete, great at reading defender's angles to sidestep them and get YAC, can track the ball in the air and make contested grabs, tough and physical, good route runner, loves to block.
Cons:  Not as polished a route runner as I would like, is sometimes slow getting      to his spots. This can be corrected with coaching and experience.

2) Jerry Jeudy - Grade: Top 12
    I know, I know...  I said I didn't like him... But I can't ignore his talent.
Pros:  Terrific route runner, great body control, great quick twitch juke moves to get YAC, very good hands, plays faster than his combine workouts.
Cons:  Drops passes in clutch moments, not physical, so-so blocker. 

3) Henry Ruggs - Grade: 1st Round 12-19
    A blow the top off the defense type. While I don't think he will ever be a true WR1, his presence will make defenses nervous.
Pros:  Terrific speed / exceleration, great hands, great in the return game, very athletic.
Cons:  Not a polished route runner, not physical, so-so blocker.

4) Justin Jefferson - Grade: Mid to Late 1st
    A good all around skillset. 
Pros:  Great hands, good body control, very good speed, can track the ball in the air and make contested grabs, tough and physical, willing blocker.
Cons:  Needs more polish as a route runner, tends to rely on his athleticism.

5) Tee Higgins - Grade: Late 1st
    A Tall WR with a great catch radius.
Pros:  Very good hands, good body control, can track the ball in the air and make contested grabs, tough and physical, decent route runner, willing blocker.
Cons:  Route running could improve. No combine numbers to gauge his athleticism. 

6) Brandon Aiyuk - Grade: Late 1st
    Has a knack for making plays.
Pros:  Very good hands, good body control, good athlete, good moves after the catch, good route runner.
Cons:  Not physical, so-so blocker.

These are all the WRs I had time to "scout". As you can see, I tend to favor tough physical WRs over the finesse types. 
After looking at Jeudy's route running, I had to put him at WR2. 
Ruggs is a personal favorite because of his combination of rare speed and great hands. 
Higgins and Aiyuk could be switched later on if Higgins has a bad pro day. 
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:
My Current WR Rankings:

Pros:  Great strong hands, great body control, good athlete, great at reading defender's angles to sidestep them and get YAC, can track the ball in the air and make contested grabs, tough and physical, good route runner, loves to block.
Cons:  Not as polished a route runner as I would like, is sometimes slow getting      to his spots. This can be corrected with coaching and experience.

Pros:  Terrific route runner, great body control, great quick twitch juke moves to get YAC, very good hands, plays faster than his combine workouts.

A blow the top off the defense type. While I don't think he will ever be a true WR1, his presence will make defenses nervous.
Pros:  Terrific speed / exceleration, great hands, great in the return game, very athletic.

Pros:  Great hands, good body control, very good speed, can track the ball in the air and make contested grabs, tough and physical, willing blocker.

Pros:  Very good hands, good body control, can track the ball in the air and make contested grabs, tough and physical, decent route runner, willing blocker.
Cons:  Route running could improve. No combine numbers to gauge his athleticism. 

Pros:  Very good hands, good body control, good athlete, good moves after the catch, good route runner.

These are all the WRs I had time to "scout". As you can see, I tend to favor tough physical WRs over the finesse types. 
Ruggs is a personal favorite because of his combination of rare speed and great hands. 

What about Van Jefferson and Denzel Mims I believe we can grab one of them in the third and I like both of their games

Edited by Gannon12
Sorry I love your list and Lamb as well

7 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:
My Current WR Rankings:

Pretty similar to mine actually except a little higher on Aiyuk and much lower on Lamb even though I still like him. Mims might replace Higgins as that very Late 1st come Final Rankings time. 

3 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

What about Van Jefferson and Denzel Mims I believe we can grab one of them in the third and I like both of their games

Mims isn’t making it to the third anymore. He’s a 2nd Round Lock now and could get into the 20’s/30’s of the 1st if he keeps rising. 

1 minute ago, Steins Gate said:

I only had time for the top guys. I will look at more later. 

Ok sorry I like you list though and I like how you didn’t make underwear olympics the criteria! Lambs game is strong and his game tape game speed is strong people questioned that’s and he was literally on the tail of Jeudy 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Pretty similar to mine actually except a little higher on Aiyuk and much lower on Lamb even though I still like him. Mims might replace Higgins as that very Late 1st come Final Rankings time. 

Mims isn’t making it to the third anymore. He’s a 2nd Round Lock now and could get into the 20’s/30’s of the 1st if he keeps rising. 

I love Mims the more games I watch like how he’s ignored when he’s open. He would fit in great. Nahh he makes plays 50/50 fight for the ball break off the defender, tons of moves jukes and plays em he is good he is a steal but I also like Van Jefferson as well he doesn’t get hyped up and his play doesn’t t lie he is balling

Edited by Gannon12
Sorry phone ***** up everything
  • Like 1

Just now, Gannon12 said:

I love Mims the more games I watch like how he’s ignored when he’s open. He would fit in great. Nahh he makes plays 50/50 fight for the ball break off the defender, tons of moves jukes and plays em he is good he is a steal but I also like Van Jefferson as well he doesn’t get hyped up and his play do t lie is balling

Agreed I absolutely love Mims. Unfortunately teams aren’t gonna make the same mistake they did with McLaurin. Mims will go Early 2nd and possibly 1st. 

Wooooo buddy that’s delicious! I know we got a lot of problems on the roster but a few mid round gems at WR that play better than the guy we are give 11+ million too on rookie contracts. We can’t **** this up it’s a WR year we need to walk away with some no matter who our QB is

• Like 2