2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

It’s not his skill set I’m worried about I’m worried about a person who love what football gives him by doesn’t loves football.

Why do you say that? And Grudock has been pretty clear that they want gamers who love football. 

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

It’s not his skill set I’m worried about I’m worried about a person who love what football gives him but doesn’t loves football.

This is ironic coming from one of Carrs biggest supporters. I could easily question Carrs love for the game. Not to turn this into another Carr thread though... but the passion is 100% not there. He’s all about religion and family. Which is fine, two things to be very passionate about. I want someone who lives and breaths football and is #1 priority. Tom Brady or any of these young cats coming up. 

2 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

So a lot of the big boards I’m seeing has Brown dropping....... um did I miss something because he is a god on the DLine if Brown is there at 12 we use a jet boat to announce the pick

I’d love to have Brown. Many are saying he has a super safe floor but his ceiling is what you see. True to some extent, but no issue for me, Brown is a monster and I’d run to the podium if he’s on the board at 12. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

This is ironic coming from one of Carrs biggest supporters. I could easily question Carrs love for the game. Not to turn this into another Carr thread though... but the passion is 100% not there. He’s all about religion and family. Which is fine, two things to be very passionate about. I want someone who lives and breaths football and is #1 priority. Tom Brady or any of these young cats coming up. 

You need to see Reese’s interview and then we’ll talk.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d love to have Brown. Many are saying he has a super safe floor but his ceiling is what you see. True to some extent, but no issue for me, Brown is a monster and I’d run to the podium if he’s on the board at 12. 

He takes the world with him everytime the ball is snapped. Having him would take doubles off our DE’s and he will still create pressure we need that. Having a defense where u only send 4 and still create pressure/ getting sacks would dramatically change the dynamic of our defense still need 3 LB’s tho

Edited by Gannon12
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

You need to see Reese’s interview and then we’ll talk.

I’ve seen it. Carr doesn’t obsess over football like Brady or these young guys trying to make a name for themself. Bradys #1 Priority and Passion is football. Give me someone who unhealthily breaths football. Just absolutely obsessed with it to the point he has the divorce rumors left and right. That’s Brady, not Carr. Carr prioritizes family/religion milesss over football. Which is fine. That’s actually healthy. But it doesn’t make you great. Give me someone who obsesses unhealthily over being the best. Brady or an Up and Comer. 

Anyways, don’t want another Carr thread, have your reply if you want one and then back to draft talk. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

I’ve seen it. Carr doesn’t obsess over football like Brady are these young guys trying to make a name for themself. Bradys #1 Priority and Passion is football. Give me someone who unhealthily breaths football. Just absolutely obsessed with it to the point he has the divorce rumors left and right. That’s Brady, not Carr. Carr prioritizes family/religion milesss over football. Which is fine. That’s actually healthy. But give me someone who obsesses unhealthily over being the best. Brady or an Up and Comer. 

Anyways, don’t want another Carr thread, have your reply if you want one and then back to draft talk. 

Draft no Carr they trying to bait u 

1 minute ago, Gannon12 said:

He takes the world with him everytime the ball is snapped. Having him would take doubles off our DE’s and he will still create pressure we need that. Having a defense where u only send 4 and still create pressure/ getting sacks would dramatically change the dynamic of our defense still need 3 LB’s tho

Agreed, I’d take Brown in a second. No chance he gets past Top 10 though IMO. 

• Like 1

Agreed, I’d take Brown in a second. No chance he gets past Top 10 though IMO. 

It’s looking like that might be an option. So hopefully people let him slide to twelve. Sooooooo many LT’s and teams that need. It is possible and I’m seeing him drop on draft sites and big boards. I hope it happens 

With the twelfth pick of the 2020 NFL Draft The Las Vegas Raiders select : Derrick Brown IDL Auburn 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’ve seen it. Carr doesn’t obsess over football like Brady or these young guys trying to make a name for themself. Bradys #1 Priority and Passion is football. Give me someone who unhealthily breaths football. Just absolutely obsessed with it to the point he has the divorce rumors left and right. That’s Brady, not Carr. Carr prioritizes family/religion milesss over football. Which is fine. That’s actually healthy. But give me someone who obsesses unhealthily over being the best. Brady or an Up and Comer. 

How do you know what Carr does and doesn’t do?  But he did master Gruden‘s offense which is the most complicated offense in football in one year.

By the way way you’re comparing a 20 year veteran to a guy who is in the league for six years.

If you bother comparing Carr stats to Bradys stats over the first six years you’ll see Carr wins

20 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

How do you know what Carr does and doesn’t do?  But he did master Gruden‘s offense which is the most complicated offense in football in one year.

By the way way you’re comparing a 20 year veteran to a guy who is in the league for six years.

If you bother comparing Carr stats to Bradys stats over the first six years you’ll see Carr wins

You are comparing 2001-2006 eta to now. It is sooooo easy to pass these days. 

And it’s well known Brady was a system player his first five-six years in the league. He was a sixth round pick for a reason. He wasn’t athletic at all and didn’t have a strong arm. 

Brady’s work ethic is what transformed him into a non-system QB and the GOAT. So many people said he was in the weight room 24/7 lifting weights to increase arm strength. He was watching film 24/7, literally Brady/Manning are the biggest film junkies basically ever, according to anyone who talks about them. 

Carr had the talent entering the league. Brady did not. Bradys work ethic is literally unmatched. And miles ahead of Derek Carr. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

You are comparing 2001-2006 eta to now. It is sooooo easy to pass these days. 

And it’s well known Brady was a system player his first five-six years in the league. He was a sixth round pick for a reason. He wasn’t athletic at all and didn’t have a strong arm. 

Brady’s work ethic is what transformed him into a non-system QB and the GOAT. So many people said he was in the weight 24/7 lifting weights to increase arm strength. He was watching film 24/7, literally Brady/Manning are the biggest film junkies basically ever, according to anyone who talks about them. 

Carr had the talent entering the league. Brady did not. Bradys work ethic is literally unmatched. And miles ahead of Derek Carr. 

So in your opinion  New England should’ve cut Brady because he was it the alpha male in year 5.

4 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Lol don’t fall for the cult baiting. Winning doesn’t matter in that world just box score stats and excuses.

remember Jeudy or Brown will be a Raider

Agreed, his last response was pure baiting. 

Draft Talk:

Jeudy or Brown at 12, but a miracle fall of Tua/Simmons would be great. 

If all four of those guys are gone, then Ruggs. 

Also, the wildcard here is Jordan Love. Outside of Murray, no QB was worth pick 24, let alone pick 4. So it’s no surprise the Raiders didn’t draft one. However, I like Jordan Love a lot. If QB is not solved in Free Agency, I could see Jordan Love at 12 and Justin Jefferson at 19. With defense addressed in FA such as Byron Jones and a LB. Perhaps sign a decent LB and gamble on Burfict again as well.