2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I know the play you're referencing and this is a stretch. Chaisson was in a full sprint, Lamb had just broke off his route, caught the ball and was turning up field. You're making it sound like Chaisson ran him down from a full sprint, which isn't the case.

Chaisson is also a freak athlete, IIRC he was timed at like 4.60 at 250 pounds at an LSU event.

9 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That’s fair and yea .03 and .05

i just know some guys can just hop out of bed and run a 4.4 or jump a 40 inch vert. Everyone isn’t able. Watching the 40 you can see guys struggling and some just naturally fast. I agree about angles I’m a ex defensive player and I was never the fastest. 

that lamb chase down wasn’t about angles just acceleration. Lamb may have top speed but that 0-20 yards I’m willing to bet Chaisson isn’t a slouch either in 0-20

i hear you about dobbins being tired but he’s a 4.44 guy and muse is a 4.41 guy lol but yea it’s too many variables I don’t think Jeudy, Jefferson etc gets caught by Chaisson tho

Jeudy prolly doesn’t....I’m not really trying to disagree with ur point cuz ur right lol 

my point was just that BR was saying Lamb 4.50 shouldn’t be the pick over Jeudy 4.45 but Okudah 4.48 perfectly fine

seems like a total arbitrary cut off at 4.49, when Okudah’s other run was 4.49 lol

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Jeudy prolly doesn’t....I’m not really trying to disagree with ur point cuz ur right lol 

my point was just that BR was saying Lamb 4.50 shouldn’t be the pick over Jeudy 4.45 but Okudah 4.48 perfectly fine

seems like a total arbitrary cut off at 4.49, when Okudah’s other run was 4.49 lol

The thing about 40 times too is that they're not always indicitive of game speed. For one it's extremely rare for guys to be running 40+ yards in a straight line during an actual game. And another thing is that some of these guys have track backgrounds and will be more comfortable with a straight line sprinting drill. While other guys have never sprinted competitively in their life and only train for the 40 yard dash for 2 months of their entire lives. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I think it would be great if we could trade back to the late 1st/2nd and grab a boundary corner like Terrell and then come back in the 3rd and land a legit slot like Amik or Darnay Holmes. Double dipping would set us up at CB for the next decade. 

Amik is one of my favorite players in the class. Dude is the perfect replacement for Joyner after this season as our slot CB. If he were 3-4 inches taller he'd be a top 20 pick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. Another thing with Lamb too is that he was always the focal point of opposing defensive gameplans while the Alabama guys had the luxury of being on a team with 4 1st round picks at WR. As of now I'm hoping for:

1. CeeDee Lamb

2. Small trade up for Okudah/Brown

3. Henry Ruggs

4. Trade down

5. Jerry Jeudy 

That's my # 1

53 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The thing about 40 times too is that they're not always indicitive of game speed. For one it's extremely rare for guys to be running 40+ yards in a straight line during an actual game. And another thing is that some of these guys have track backgrounds and will be more comfortable with a straight line sprinting drill. While other guys have never sprinted competitively in their life and only train for the 40 yard dash for 2 months of their entire lives. 

Exactly.... some guys have less than ideal all the way to poor form and other ran track in college and nearly perfected the start all the way to the to their stride length, etc etc.  some guys incorrectly peak early and decelerate at the end.  
the event is just a tool to compare to game tape for scouts.  What I’ve never seen is a CB running with the runner and bumping them the whole way either lol.  

so say 4.45 vs 4.48 is no difference but 4.50 is major is just a poor attempt at trying to justify liking one player not the other.

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

so say 4.45 vs 4.48 is no difference but 4.50 is major is just a poor attempt at trying to justify liking one player not the other.

And to even say that 4.50 takes you out of consideration for the pick is comical. Lamb's comparison has always been DeAndre Hopkins who ran a 4.57 at the combine. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And to even say that 4.50 takes you out of consideration for the pick is comical. Lamb's comparison has always been DeAndre Hopkins who ran a 4.57 at the combine. 

Thank you! Especially when lambs comp Is Hopkins !

Edited by jimkelly02

My take on Ruggs III:

Who you want him to be: Tyreek Hill

Who he likely is: Brandin Cooks

Who he might end up being: Ted Ginn Jr.

I can't get behind taking guy 12 overall who simply isn't going to be a go to option. I wouldn't be mad about it, as it could open up the offense for others. But 12 overall, if I am getting a WR he better be someone who can line up and be a go to on game days.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I just think of last years draft and Vic has always said that the Raiders wanted Terry McLaurin in last years draft. They wanted that speed. Well, this year you have a chance to get a better and faster version of Scarry Terry.

We also reportedly really liked Hollywood Brown during the pre draft process as well. I remember hearing Vic say that they fell in love with McLaurin during the Senior Bowl. If we wouldn't have traded the 66th pick to the Steelers for AB he likely would've been the selection there. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

My take on Ruggs III:

Who you want him to be: Tyreek Hill

Who he likely is: Brandin Cooks

Who he might end up being: Ted Ginn Jr.

I can't get behind taking guy 12 overall who simply isn't going to be a go to option. I wouldn't be mad about it, as it could open up the offense for others. But 12 overall, if I am getting a WR he better be someone who can line up and be a go to on game days.

If he ends up being Brandin Cooks I think he's a good value at #12. Cooks has averaged 77 receptions for 1,150 yards and 7 TD's for the majority of his career. That 1,150 yards would've been more yards put up then by any WR on the 12 teams that made the playoffs other than Michael Thomas and DeAndre Hopkins. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I know the play you're referencing and this is a stretch. Chaisson was in a full sprint, Lamb had just broke off his route, caught the ball and was turning up field. You're making it sound like Chaisson ran him down from a full sprint, which isn't the case.

Meh agree to disagree