2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

I’m all aboard the Shenault train 😂

The more I've dived into the other WR's in the class the more and more I've become okay with passing on a WR at #12. 

@big_palooka has been hyping up Laviska Shenault and after watching him a bunch, I love him as well. Dude is being slept on so hard. One of the most dynamic playmakers in the class and a guy I think would fit perfect here. He can play all 3 WR spots, he's the best WR in the class with the ball in his hands, and you can use him on jet sweeps, etc. 

I like Henry Ruggs and CeeDee Lamb a lot and would be happy if we got either guy at #12. But at the same time I watch Ruggs and then I watch Reagor playing with a mediocre QB and I just don't see a huge difference. Then I watch Lamb playing with Mayfield/Murray/Hurt and I see Shenault playing with a mediocre QB and it's just like man. If you put Reagor on that Alabama roster or Shenault on that Oklahoma roster, they'd both be top 20 picks.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Bolles has been bad , solid is a major stretch, and the 2nd most penalized OT in the league.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I was also confused by the Bolles comment. The Bronco sub super hates that guy. 

Bolles needs to clean up the penalties but they just hired Muncak (former Steelers OL coach) who is one of the best in the business and should help with his development. On the season though he had a 4.7% pressure rate which was 10th best among OT's and during weeks 10-17 he had a 2.9% pressure rate which was third best among OT's behind Ronnie Stanley and Tyron Smith. 

I usually google “NFL Mock Draft” once a day and this is the first one that popped up. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-mock-draft-2020-cowboys-patriots-trade-up-to-land-needed-firepower-and-vikings-raise-some-eyebrows/

12. CeeDee Lamb

19. Jaylon Johnson

Three days in a row a media person has given the Raiders Jaylon Johnson. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I usually google “NFL Mock Draft” once a day and this is the first one that popped up. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-mock-draft-2020-cowboys-patriots-trade-up-to-land-needed-firepower-and-vikings-raise-some-eyebrows/

12. CeeDee Lamb

19. Jaylon Johnson

Three days in a row a media person has given the Raiders Jaylon Johnson. 

You keep acting surprised by this, why?

He's a long, press man corner. The Raiders prefer press man CBs and currently have no starter at CB. Pretty easy to mock a press man corner to them there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

He's a long, press man corner. The Raiders prefer press man CBs and currently have no starter at CB. Pretty easy to mock a press man corner to them there. 

With Mayock's brief draft history, if I was a betting man and had to pick which CB we'd take I'm betting the house on it being AJ Terrell

Just now, big_palooka said:

Warming up the forum to it. A week, and especially 2+ weeks ago, everyone (most) acted like Johnson at 19 was the reach of the century if you read through this thread. When in reality, he isn’t a reach at all. These mocks are not proof of that, I just want to warm the forum up to it and show that it’s possibly becoming a consensus. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

With Mayock's brief draft history, if I was a betting man and had to pick which CB we'd take I'm betting the house on it being AJ Terrell

Johnson or Terrell is definitely my bet. I 60% lean they pick Johnson and 40% Terrell if they pick CB at 19. 

It was never gonna be Fulton imo, who was a Mock Draft Favorite at 19 in Jan/Feb/Early March. Definitely won’t be Trevon Diggs either imo. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Johnson or Terrell is definitely my bet. I 60% lean they pick Johnson and 40% Terrell if they pick CB at 19. 

It was never gonna be Fulton imo, who was a Mock Draft Favorite at 19 in Jan/Feb/Early March. Definitely won’t be Trevon Diggs either imo. 

I just wonder if Johnson's torn labrum has any effect on his draft status. 

We definitely need a corner, regardless of who it is, facing the NFC South this year. Tom Brady with Bruce Arians, Mike Evans, and Chris Godwin, Matt Ryan with Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley, Drew Brees with Sean Payton, Michael Thomas, and Emmanuel Sanders, and Teddy Bridgewater with D.J. Moore, Robby Anderson, and the mind of Joe Brady who just crushed College Football like his play thing. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

We definitely need a corner, regardless of who it is, facing the NFC South this year. Tom Brady with Bruce Arians, Mike Evans, and Chris Godwin, Matt Ryan with Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley, Drew Brees with Sean Payton, Michael Thomas, and Emmanuel Sanders, and Teddy Bridgewater with D.J. Moore, Robby Anderson, and the mind of Joe Brady who just crushed College Football like his play thing. 

Another starting CB is definitely need 1b heading into the draft. I'm hoping we double dip with Terrell/Johnson at #19 and then Amik Robertson with one of our thirds. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Another starting CB is definitely need 1b heading into the draft. I'm hoping we double dip with Terrell/Johnson at #19 and then Amik Robertson with one of our thirds. 

Corners take a year to develop, even the best ones, so taking a Nickel CB now like Robertson to replace Joyner in 2021 (not confident in Joyner at all) is a solid move. Mullen + Johnson/Terrell + Robertson could be a ruthless trio. And hopefully Isaiah Johnson develops into at least a solid 4th CB and great special teams player. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Corners take a year to develop, even the best ones, so taking a Nickel CB now like Robertson to replace Joyner in 2021 (not confident in Joyner at all) is a solid move. Mullen + Johnson/Terrell + Robertson could be a ruthless trio. And hopefully Isaiah Johnson develops into at least a solid 4th CB and great special teams player. 

I'm interested to see what Johnson can do this year. It's a bummer that he missed significant time with the face injury. I saw a video of him a couple of weeks ago and his movement and fluidity at his size is unreal. 

46 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Surprised because nobody was talking about Johnson going the 1st until recently.beside your truly.

WHAT CAN I SAY? GIF - MichaelRosenbaum Buddy Impastor - Discover ...

Edited by raidr4life