2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I see no need to spend a 1st rounder on a guy like Braun.  He’d only see moderate snaps at SAM (we rarely use the position) and he’s not an amazing pass rusher that’s gonna be better than what we have at DE.  I’d much rather spend the 1st on a guy that will get far more use.

We have the SAM on the field 40% of the time plus you can keep him on the field a lot more than that. He has sideline to sideline range, is good in coverage, and is super explosive off the edge. He only allowed 112 yards on 195 snaps in coverage, had the 6th highest pressure rate in CFB, and finished the year with 19.5 TFL, 13 sacks, 12 QB hits, and 28 hurries. 

Nassib and Ferrell combined for 10.5 sacks last season. Having another edge rusher is always a valuable commodity and in nickel packages you can kick Nassib/Ferrell inside with Baun coming off of the edge. 

3 minutes ago, SodakRaiders said:

I should have included the tweet from Vic.  That is where I originally saw the video.  The fact that he is the most competitive player in the the Alabama program sounds like a Mayock pick.  Pair that with his willingness to block and play on special teams makes me think he is the guy we will pick at 12. But I like Juedy more. 

Yes, that added info does certainly add to the conversation.  The competitiveness is great and all but that doesn’t get you picked at 12 over other good WRs.  Talent, skills, projection as to what you can do in the nfl does.  These unnamed scout told beat reporter X accolades are meaningless.  There’s one for every guy who isn’t a cancer.  The accolades are very nice to hear but really do nothing to SWING a GM’s decision on a player’s selection.  All they do is boost people’s biased to draft they’re guy over another.  I’m not trying to be a ****** about it.  If he’s the pick it’s nice to know he works hard.  Just seems like trying to find reasons to push your guy by both the original tweet’er and the poster hear. 

18 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

what about Shenault makes you rate him to high.  That intrigues me.  I see a very underdeveloped WR who will need to be have plays schemes for him.  I don’t hate the guy, I just see him as a #2 that doesn’t a bit of everything and not a great wR talent.

btw at this point it’s worth wondering if tee Higgins is worth targeting in the 2-3rd round.  He seems to have really slipped.

He has experience playing at all 3 WR spots, has some of the best hands in the class, and is a monster after the catch with the ball in his hands. You can also use him out of the backfield at times, on jet sweeps, etc. I think some of the underdeveloped WR talk is a little overblown. He was Colorado's only legit playmaker so they had to do whatever they could to get him the ball in space. It also didn't help that he was playing with a scrub QB on arguably the least talented team in the Pac-12 the last two years. 

I don't know if he'll ever be a dominant #1 WR but outside of Lamb I'm not confident that any WR in this class has that type of potential. But even if he's not a dominant #1 he's going to be a playmaker that you can move all around the field to create mismatches. 

ETA: I'm not saying that I would take Shenault at #12 over Ruggs or Jeudy. Just that I'd prefer Lamb at #12 or Shenault later in the draft. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yes, that added info does certainly add to the conversation.  The competitiveness is great and all but that doesn’t get you picked at 12 over other good WRs.  Talent, skills, projection as to what you can do in the nfl does. 

If Ruggs reaches his upside he's likely somewhere in between Tyreek Hill and Brandin Cooks which is worth a top 20 pick, imo. 

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yes, that added info does certainly add to the conversation.  The competitiveness is great and all but that doesn’t get you picked at 12 over other good WRs.  Talent, skills, projection as to what you can do in the nfl does.  These unnamed scout told beat reporter X accolades are meaningless.  There’s one for every guy who isn’t a cancer.  The accolades are very nice to hear but really do nothing to SWING a GM’s decision on a player’s selection.  All they do is boost people’s biased to draft they’re guy over another.  I’m not trying to be a ****** about it.  If he’s the pick it’s nice to know he works hard.  Just seems like trying to find reasons to push your guy by both the original tweet’er and the poster hear. 

Jeudy is my guy.  I don't think you are being an a******.  I just think that last year Mayock only picked guys who were strong character guys, alphas, and guys who are ultra competitive. I think Jeudy is the most talented.  And Lamb would probably be my 2nd choice.  Ruggs to me just sounds more like a Josh Jacobs, and John Abram than Lamb and Jeudy do. Plus I think everyone knows we want a wide out, so anyone behind who does also will try and get in front of us for Jeudy or Lamb.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

My only problem with this is I do not believe Johnson is there in the 5th. However I would be fine just replacing Taylor with Johnson and use 159 on muse

That'd be a solid haul although I think he'll be there in the 4th. Adding Davidson would be nice as well because he has played as a big defensive end and a 3T so he'd provide depth at both spots. 

• Like 1

Based on the Chad Reuter 7 round mock posted I'll paste his Raider selections and then a I'd rather with his available at each spot

12. Ceedee Lamb, WR Oklahoma ||  perfectly fine, I'd like one of Okudah, Brown, Tua or Burrow (lol) over one of the three WRs, but with all off the board Ceedee makes sense.
19. AJ Terrell, CB Clemson || Jerry Jeudy, I get we got Ceedee, but if Jeudy is at 19 that's dumb. Gruden wanted the best WR room, well he can have it. Take Jeudy if he is at 19.
80. Darrell Taylor, Edge Tennessee || Xavier McKinney on the board is stupid. He is in the 19 range and at 80 he is slam dunk pick.
81. Darrynton Evans, RB Appalachian State || Similarly Noah Ibinoghene is on the board, not a mid-first grade but a mid-second grade and a clear need at this point and I would take him with Jaylon Johnson, AJ Terrell, and Jeff Gladney gone.
91. Larrell Murchison, DT NC State || I think this is a fine pick and the team has shown interest in him... but JK Dobbins is on the clock and I think he is a high second round pick and teaming him with Jacobs would be sick... so JK Dobbins, RB The Ohio State
121. Netane Muti, G Fresno State || Another guy our team has shown interest in, but this guy has medical questions all over so I would assume at least a heavy portion of meeting with him was to gage how serious the medicals are. Raekwon Davis is interesting, Bryce Hall is interesting, neither are amazing fits with us but should be able to trade down with someone looking at one of them. He has Jaguars taking Raekwon at 137, so thrown in 189 and trade 121 for 137+189 they take Raekwon.
137. Logan Stenberg, G Kentucky, this is the guard I like a lot of people like Solomon Kindley he'd befine too but this would be a great spot to grab a Richie Incognito heir. Trade Gabe (?) and take the other also in the range straight up to open up cap space and have the two rookie guards battle it out for RG (or Good if we double busted) and the other be heir apparent of LG.
159. Prince Tega Wagogho, LT Auburn || wow okay didn't think he was available that's cool sold. Dantzler is on the board too, but Prince Tega Wagogho is a high second rounder for me, and Dantzler is more a high 3rd.
189. I'd look at Alohi Gillman if theteam thinks he could play nickle LB, he's a box safety but might project I really like his Naval Academy to ND into leadership hard worker mentality, and think he would regardless be a good ST. The other option here is Justin Strnad who is a pretty good coverage LB as well and an option if they don't think Alohi can convert (as we got Xavier at stupid value so S isn't the need, gotta project to be LB/ST).

Reuter coulda had an insano draft for the Raiders based on how his board fell lol

9 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Based on the Chad Reuter 7 round mock posted I'll paste his Raider selections and then a I'd rather with his available at each spot

12. Ceedee Lamb, WR Oklahoma ||  perfectly fine, I'd like one of Okudah, Brown, Tua or Burrow (lol) over one of the three WRs, but with all off the board Ceedee makes sense.
19. AJ Terrell, CB Clemson || Jerry Jeudy, I get we got Ceedee, but if Jeudy is at 19 that's dumb. Gruden wanted the best WR room, well he can have it. Take Jeudy if he is at 19.
80. Darrell Taylor, Edge Tennessee || Xavier McKinney on the board is stupid. He is in the 19 range and at 80 he is slam dunk pick.
81. Darrynton Evans, RB Appalachian State || Similarly Noah Ibinoghene is on the board, not a mid-first grade but a mid-second grade and a clear need at this point and I would take him with Jaylon Johnson, AJ Terrell, and Jeff Gladney gone.
91. Larrell Murchison, DT NC State || I think this is a fine pick and the team has shown interest in him... but JK Dobbins is on the clock and I think he is a high second round pick and teaming him with Jacobs would be sick... so JK Dobbins, RB The Ohio State
121. Netane Muti, G Fresno State || Another guy our team has shown interest in, but this guy has medical questions all over so I would assume at least a heavy portion of meeting with him was to gage how serious the medicals are. Raekwon Davis is interesting, Bryce Hall is interesting, neither are amazing fits with us but should be able to trade down with someone looking at one of them. He has Jaguars taking Raekwon at 137, so thrown in 189 and trade 121 for 137+189 they take Raekwon.
137. Logan Stenberg, G Kentucky, this is the guard I like a lot of people like Solomon Kindley he'd befine too but this would be a great spot to grab a Richie Incognito heir. Trade Gabe (?) and take the other also in the range straight up to open up cap space and have the two rookie guards battle it out for RG (or Good if we double busted) and the other be heir apparent of LG.
159. Prince Tega Wagogho, LT Auburn || wow okay didn't think he was available that's cool sold. Dantzler is on the board too, but Prince Tega Wagogho is a high second rounder for me, and Dantzler is more a high 3rd.
189. I'd look at Alohi Gillman if theteam thinks he could play nickle LB, he's a box safety but might project I really like his Naval Academy to ND into leadership hard worker mentality, and think he would regardless be a good ST. The other option here is Justin Strnad who is a pretty good coverage LB as well and an option if they don't think Alohi can convert (as we got Xavier at stupid value so S isn't the need, gotta project to be LB/ST).

Reuter coulda had an insano draft for the Raiders based on how his board fell lol

I love Taylor the de and Evans the rb

my sleepers 

id be more on Evans but I think we need more of a biggger back

taylor outplayed josh vs ken last year and I’ve had my eyes on him since

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I love Taylor the de and Evans the rb

my sleepers 

id be more on Evans but I think we need more of a biggger back

taylor outplayed josh vs ken last year and I’ve had my eyes on him since

I like Darrell Taylor too and have him going 73 to the Jaguars in my mock (so gone by the Raiders pick) but not over Xavier McKinney who I have going 21 to Philly. Getting McKinney at 80 would be hella dumb. I haven't watched the Appalachian State RB though so I'll go watch a game if I can find one on youtube.

47 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We have the SAM on the field 40% of the time plus you can keep him on the field a lot more than that. He has sideline to sideline range, is good in coverage, and is super explosive off the edge. He only allowed 112 yards on 195 snaps in coverage, had the 6th highest pressure rate in CFB, and finished the year with 19.5 TFL, 13 sacks, 12 QB hits, and 28 hurries. 

Nassib and Ferrell combined for 10.5 sacks last season. Having another edge rusher is always a valuable commodity and in nickel packages you can kick Nassib/Ferrell inside with Baun coming off of the edge. 

I get your points, but I don’t see him as being an amazing rusher.  Only 1 year of production.  Most of that came vs TEs or RBs, on prolonged plays like roll outs, etc.  the guy didn’t get a ton of 2.5sec sacks vs quality OTs.  He wasn’t asked to go much in coverage too.  He’s a solid guy to pick at 35-40ish But not 19.  Has a bunch of nice traits but nothing that alone is outstanding.

17 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Your “redraft” is exponentially better than the authors.

Just now, Trojan said:

I like Darrell Taylor too and have him going 73 to the Jaguars in my mock (so gone by the Raiders pick) but not over Xavier McKinney who I have going 21 to Philly. Getting McKinney at 80 would be hella dumb. I haven't watched the Appalachian State RB though so I'll go watch a game if I can find one on youtube.

I admit I watched app st just for their lbs but Evans just shined lol so I was like tf who is Evans