What to do about the S&C team? Fire them?

Well he’s not overrated, he’s a borderline Hall of Fame LT and would be a Hall of Fame Lock if a better team had been built this decade besides him and a few other players like Kerrigan.

I hate to say this, but given the most recent news of him being upset with how the team has handled his - and probably his teammates injuries - over the years it’s time to trade him.

I hate coming to that conclusion bc he is a borderline Hall of Fame player but I don’t think the team has much of a choice here. I feel that Trent will sit out rather than play and the team can't have that bc they can't go into the season with Moses, Flowers or Christian as their starting LT.

The easy solution for me is to trade Trent Williams to the Bills for Ty Nsekhe and a 2020 first round pick. Then, draft a LT prospect with one of our two 2020 first round picks.

I really doubt we'd get a 1st back at this point, considering age, injuries, time of year, and public discontent with his current team.

However, I think trading for Ty is a good idea.  I'd do it for Ty and a 2nd.

Edited by HTTRG3Dynasty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Colts have gotta be loving this... between the Foster injury and this situation, that 2nd round pick next year might as well be a 1st.

You lost me bro. What do the Colts have to do with any of this?

6 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

They have our 2020 2nd round pick.

What does Reuben Foster have to do with that?

And we have Montez Sweat with that Colts pick. I think the Colts are going to regret passing on him. He has pro bowl pass rushing potential as a ROLB and may actually end up being the best player we’ve selected in the first round since Trent Williams in 2010.

I'd take Sweat over two 2nd round picks especially considering our recent history w/ 2nd round picks.

• Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

(speaking from HTTR's perspective) ... the loss in talent -> more losses -> better draft position flowing to Indy?

It ain't that hard.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

And we have Montez Sweat with that Colts pick. I think the Colts are going to regret passing on him. He has pro bowl pass rushing potential as a ROLB and may actually end up being the best player we’ve selected in the first round since Trent Williams in 2010.

I'd take Sweat over two 2nd round picks especially considering our recent history w/ 2nd round picks.

I'm saying losing Foster is a net negative to our season Win/Loss total.  As is the Trent situation if he sits out...

Ergo, the Colts will have a higher pick from us in the 2020 2nd round.

20 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I'm saying losing Foster is a net negative to our season Win/Loss total.  As is the Trent situation if he sits out...

Ergo, the Colts will have a higher pick from us in the 2020 2nd round.

Ohhh ok. Yeah, that's probably true. 

Of course, Jon Bostic isn't that bad of an ILB. We lose some athleticism from Reuben to Bostic but since we signed him I'm not too worried about what we have at ILB right now; between him, SDH, JHC and Holcomb I think we’ll be alright there.

Now if we lose Trent on the other hand, even if you trade for another teams starter and a pick, we’re definitely downgrading the LT position this year and in the near future for sure. 

Another team who might want to trade for Trent is Houston. Of course, I'm not sure what Houston would be willing to trade in terms of current players for Trent and their OL, especially their OT situation is an absolute mess.

Maybe we can get Zach Cunningham and a 2020 2nd for Trent. I don't know, just spitballing.

Edited by turtle28

Here's a question to ponder. If Trent is traded or sits out the season bc he won't play for the Redskins anymore and we don't get a starting level LT to replace him, do you?

1. Consider moving Moses to LT?

2. Consider moving Scherff to LT?

3. Consider moving Moses to LT and Scherff to RT?

4. Keep Moses & Scherff in their slated potions at RG & RT and allow the left side of the OL be a weak link but keep the C, RG and RT positions strong? 

Edited by turtle28

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Here's a question to ponder. If Trent is traded or sits out the season bc he won't play for the Redskins anymore and we don't get a starting level LT to replace him, do you?

1. Consider moving Moses to LT?

2. Consider moving Scherff to LT?

3. Consider moving Moses to LT and Scherff to RT?

4. Keep Moses & Scherff in their slated potions at RG & RT and allow the left side of the OL be a weak link but keep the C, RG and RT positions strong? 

MK asked about this yesterday:

On 6/4/2019 at 1:59 PM, MKnight82 said:

Let’s say hypothetically they trade him.  What do you think is a better opening day starting lineup: 

1. Christian, Martin, Roullier, Scherff, Moses

or

2. Moses, Martin, Roullier, Pierswhatever, Scherff. 

Or worse

3. Flower, Martin, Roullier, Scherff Moses

My responses:

On 6/4/2019 at 2:41 PM, Woz said:

1. Christian, Martin, Roullier, Scherff, Moses

Yeep.

2. Moses, Martin, Roullier, Pierswhatever, Scherff. 

Yikes.

3. Flower, Martin, Roullier, Scherff Moses

SWEET JEEBUS, ARE YOU CRAZY?!