What to do about the S&C team? Fire them?

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Can those that say it was bad luck come out of the woodwork again?

Why? It's just bad luck, right? It's not like we've (including me) already identified the pattern that was out there. Willful ignorance to a problem is almost as bad as not knowing about the problem. For too long the F.O. was both.

Oh yeah, and Dr. James Andrews is 77 years old and still doing surgeries? Yeah, I don't care HOW much of an expert he is (or used to be), I'm not letting a guy who was born before TV was made widely available across the country, get anywhere close to me with a scalpel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Morgan Moses at LT would be the 2nd biggest disaster we could reasonably do. The first is obvious. 

I'm not so sure, I thought when be was drafted he was considered a LT prospect bc he played most of his collegiate career at LT. The way I remember it as a rookie part of his issue was having to learn/develop his kick slide and all at RT bc he was a LT in college.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well he’s not overrated, he’s a borderline Hall of Fame LT and would be a Hall of Fame Lock if a better team had been built this decade besides him and a few other players like Kerrigan.

I hate to say this, but given the most recent news of him being upset with how the team has handled his - and probably his teammates injuries - over the years it’s time to trade him.

I hate coming to that conclusion bc he is a borderline Hall of Fame player but I don’t think the team has much of a choice here. I feel that Trent will sit out rather than play and the team can't have that bc they can't go into the season with Moses, Flowers or Christian as their starting LT.

The easy solution for me is to trade Trent Williams to the Bills for Ty Nsekhe and a 2020 first round pick. Then, draft a LT prospect with one of our two 2020 first round picks.

I would make that trade even if he wanted to stay!

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone is going to take his cap hit and give us a 1st round pick, plus a good player.  Also, we are in a weak bargaining position so unless we find a trading partner who has zero solution at left tackle, like their left tackle just got an acl tear in camp, then whoever we trade with is going to get the better end of the deal.

Now maybe Trent -> Bills for Nsekhe and a 4th?  

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I'm not so sure, I thought when be was drafted he was considered a LT prospect bc he played most of his collegiate career at LT. The way I remember it as a rookie part of his issue was having to learn/develop his kick slide and all at RT bc he was a LT in college.

He was not good at LT. I watched him get destroyed by Dadi Nicholas and others for years. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

There’s no way I’m trading or releasing him. He can get mad all he wants but he’s got two years left and I’d be willing to bump the pay. No new deal, no trade and we aren’t cutting you. What now? 

This.  I’d rather watch him sit at home then get traded for some crap mid round pick.

23 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I would make that trade even if he wanted to stay!

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone is going to take his cap hit and give us a 1st round pick, plus a good player.  Also, we are in a weak bargaining position so unless we find a trading partner who has zero solution at left tackle, like their left tackle just got an acl tear in camp, then whoever we trade with is going to get the better end of the deal.

Now maybe Trent -> Bills for Nsekhe and a 4th?  

They don’t have to do a thing. He has two years on his deal left and there’s absolutely no way he’s going to sit at home and forfeit like $25M not playing for two seasons. He’s not getting any younger and simply cannot afford to miss two years and think he’s going to come back to a huge pay day. Love the guy and he’s my favorite player on the team but he has no leg to stand on here. I’d just bump his pay a bit over the next two years and see where we stand when his contract is up. This whole thing is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm serious about this. Does anyone know (I'm too busy with the toddler right now to look it up) if he doesn't report, that we can put him on the reserved/left team designation and not pay him, like we did for Sua?

Didn’t the Steelers just do that with Leveon last year?  He will lose gamechecks, I think he gets whatever annual bonus he’s due regardless.  Also this only impacts actually money Snyder doesn’t pay, it won’t help our cap at all.  Honestly I’d rather Trent just get his money cause screw Dan Snyder.