Dome's Saloon and House of Maidens - Duel Six- Duel Voting deadline is 10pm EST on Monday

Dome

A lot of reasons.  Mainly we didn’t need to because we stockpiled abilities to meme the game up.  Then, we were half convinced one of Nacho or Touch was other.  I wanted to win with Touch if possible.  I almost went Nacho to save him.  Then, we thought Nacho might be vengeful too before rack used it.  Then we just wanted to lol to endgame.  

Here were my abilities as the "Other".

*2 shot matchmaker redirect: I used it on Malf and had him directed at Swag, then changed my mind and switched to Counselor JUST before night after Counselor claimed an ability.

*2 shot overserve: During the nomination phase, I pick 1 player who gets thrown into the duel. I threw myself into the duel day 1 in large part due to miscommunication between Dome and I.

*2 shot Night Cap: During the Duel phase, I pick 1 person. That night, if they were going to carry out a hit, they'd be blocked/fall asleep early.

@theuntouchable just an FYI I was telling the truth on everything except blocking squire N1.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Tbh, not as bad as I thought.  You signaled Mafia that you were willing to lie to Town with the squire bit.

Once it became very apparent that 3 people were completely unwilling to go off of me despite evidence supporting my unwavering Squire/Orca reads to out them as scum, I figured I'd fly a flag and be 100% willing to use my other abilities to prevent vig hits and survive. 50% of the reason that I came off of you, despite having a great feeling that you were scum (I pushed you D1, D2, and 1/2 of Day 3 in my votes to Dome, albeit D2 Touch challenged Squire so that was moot) was that you caught onto me being other and actually vaguely willing to let me hang around.

TBH, I was so mad at town (especially touch and Nacho, not to mention Pickle and Forge with that ridiculous virus push that killed me/sealed my fate) that I actually changed my next night move FROM you TO matching Nacho and Pickle and overserving Woz to force him into the duel. I wasn't sure how familiar with westerns you all were either, so I changed from my "The Good the Bad and the Ugly" gifs to High Plains drifter (that movie, he's a ghost that comes back to destroy the town for wrongdoing)/The Outlaw Josie Wales (vengeance).

4 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Me:  I’mma be scummy so people target me while I PGO.

Everyone:  SwAg is scummy.

Everyone Later:  Told you all SwAg was Mafia.

I don't think you were ever that scummy though, I guess not as much as I expected.

Looking at town's pressure on you, they must agree.

Edited by Dome

5 minutes ago, SwAg said:

But really, I thought it was obvious that you were angling for Other on D1.

I just want to be left alone.

I just want to be a bartender.

I just want to be a LOW KEY bartender.

You: Randomly comment about how I'm "angling" and then SWITCH YOUR VOTE FROM ME saying "I reckon I found the other". I then like your unvote and like that post separately.

5 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I’m still shocked that didn’t get a single response or reaction.  Particularly after you liked it.

LOL Exactly.

Then Orca claims Town other, after I already soft claimed it a bajillion times and then was the first to really push Orca. (Malf backed me). Then Orca goes "Full Treasure Mode" and claims other...basically cementing the fact that I was a sure goner in light of my soft claims.

TBH, I outed myself as an other after Touch pushed me/threatened to duel me, 60% due to panicking (REALLY DUMB on my part and that's what got me killed TBH), but 40% thinking that most had already picked up on my "other" claim about 2-3 days before (which I quoted), and then you acknowledging it IN THREAD and immediately flipping your vote. I was pretty confident that I could talk my way out of the heat by posting evidence. Unfortunately, everyone but you and Rack ignored it (Thanks @rackcs for believing me!). 

Here's what REALLY hurts:

16 minutes ago, Dome said:

MWil2306/09/2019

Gut feeling swag is mafia. Maybe BCB too.

Moral of the story:

ALWAYS go with your gut.

However, while removing scum was my easiest play from a numbers perspective, since my win con was survival, I figured that @SwAg removing me from the vote/angling towards helping "other" clear me, I thought it best not to redirect and buddy up as long as possible.

Having to answer 8 notifications 3 minutes before night didn't help my case either. I was scrambling.

15 minutes ago, Dome said:

I don't think you were ever that scummy though, I guess not as much as I expected.

Looking at town's pressure on you, they must agree.

I don’t know.  I did a lot.  I was angling for The Doctor claim the whole day, which is a bizarre claim.  I was talking in western jargon, and not pushing anyone.  I latched onto Touch and James with little if any explanation.  Then I pushed the double lynch, with the person I kept saying was a Bandit!  

I didn’t want lynched, I wanted to be scummy enough to garner night interest with the allure of capturing the big bad wolf, not outward opposition.

17 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I don’t know.  I did a lot.  I was angling for The Doctor claim the whole day, which is a bizarre claim.  I was talking in western jargon, and not pushing anyone.  I latched onto Touch and James with little if any explanation.  Then I pushed the double lynch, with the person I kept saying was a Bandit!  

I didn’t want lynched, I wanted to be scummy enough to garner night interest with the allure of capturing the big bad wolf, not outward opposition.

When you (early in the page 30s I think) referred to me as MWil instead of Blondie, that triggered something. I think that was June 9th.

15 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Sorry MWil, I had no problem with you being alive.  I always enjoy even unfriendly other just because they add some intrigue to the game, and can be antagonistic to Mafia if they have bad reads, lmao.

LOL, yeah I figured as much. It's my own fault for panicking about the duel, but even then I PROBABLY could have hung around a few more days if not for Orca hard claiming "Other". TBH, sadly my reads were pretty much on point. I did intentionally antagonize both Touch (especially him) and Forge to see who would immediately come out of the woodwork/why. I realized based off of those subsequent interactions that James, Woz, Rack, and Pickle were ALL town, so I liked my chances going forward if I survived. I figured that I had to take a chance somewhat early to stick around, and unfortunately for me that chance didn't pay off. TBH, I shouldn't have pushed Forge as hard as I did, because I definitely lost his vote and that cost me, LOL. Sorry @Forge! I just got so worked up when 3 people voted for me because of the bogus disease situation that I borderline went full conspiracy mode, even for me in this game.