Jets hire Eagles VP Joe Douglas as GM

Matts4313

Later Joe!

Thanks for some stuff? But mostly not much? I guess...you’re welcome for using Howie to further your career? I dunno. Not worried about losing him. His reputation felt a lot more formidable than his actual work. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Later Joe!

Thanks for some stuff? But mostly not much? I guess...you’re welcome for using Howie to further your career? I dunno. Not worried about losing him. His reputation felt a lot more formidable than his actual work. 

Wouldnt player/personal include Free Agents? How long has he been with you, because you guys have kinda killed it in that department. 

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Wouldnt player/personal include Free Agents? How long has he been with you, because you guys have kinda killed it in that department. 

I think he mostly oversaw scouting. But I’m sure he had his imprint on just about everything. Personally, I think the drafts have been mostly underwhelming as of late. And that’s where I thought he was going to help most. Howie is a cap and asset nerd. I think he lacks in the football personnel side. So I thought Douglas would really extend over to that side and impress but i wasn’t. But I may be in the minority. 

54 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I think he mostly oversaw scouting. But I’m sure he had his imprint on just about everything. Personally, I think the drafts have been mostly underwhelming as of late. And that’s where I thought he was going to help most. Howie is a cap and asset nerd. I think he lacks in the football personnel side. So I thought Douglas would really extend over to that side and impress but i wasn’t. But I may be in the minority. 

Interesting. Most teams have a scouting director for the draft and player personal guy for FA. This guy did both or just the draft? 

Weird labeling for him. 

A nice guy to have in the building, seemed to bring a good eye for players. But I think largely his job was done in terms of outlining the type of players the Howie 2.0 regime would go after. I don’t think he was the largest part, but he had a part in it.

Wish him well and looking forward to what fresh eyes can do.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Lol Matts posting this everywhere in hopes this somehow is the key for the Cowboys’ not being irrelevant anymore 

How do you come to the conclusions you do? 

Because they are pathetic. 

I post Eagles news/tweets all the time in this forum.