Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

So, earlier one of you mentioned about this eye that allows a person to see the details of someone’s life, in exchange for a sacrifice (half their life?).

In the immediate lead-up to whatever happened to Dome, Rick was the leading vote.  Then, after Dome’s incident, the vote shifted for a decent amount of time, before settling back on Rick.

My thought is that Rick is scum, and since he was facing the most early pressure, he accepted the eye that sapped him of half his life and identified Dome, and used it as the red herring matts’ talked about to live longer and agent Dome lynched instead of him.  

Meanwhile, it provided his team cover to distance because they no longer have to try to keep him alive.  If he dies, fine, he gave away half his life anyway, if he lives okay, none of them have to make the deal for the eye til he’s gone.

So, it serves multiple purposes of muddying the thread on connections on a player who was getting a ton of heat, may get a mislynch and stoke paranoia, and conserves resources by not having to commit an unsuspected person to a shorter life.

I’m just piecing together what I understand, so if it makes no sense in the lore, just tell me.  I think it makes sense from the thread, which is what I know.

27 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

1. Its d1

2. Why would any scum do something that stupid and draw all that attention to himself.  

3.  I'm gonna start trolling the **** our of this game until I'm either taken seriously or ignored but ****ting on me and my theories is a bunch of childish **** that imo comes from scum trying to dismiss me as a crazy person 

4.  Not directed at you specifically but this starting to piss me the **** off.  Having to deal with this **** every game is absurd and I dont deserve it.  

This just makes me think I’m right.  If you have a  predetermined finite life, why not troll?

3 minutes ago, SwAg said:

So, earlier one of you mentioned about this eye that allows a person to see the details of someone’s life, in exchange for a sacrifice (half their life?).

In the immediate lead-up to whatever happened to Dome, Rick was the leading vote.  Then, after Dome’s incident, the vote shifted for a decent amount of time, before settling back on Rick.

My thought is that Rick is scum, and since he was facing the most early pressure, he accepted the eye that sapped him of half his life and identified Dome, and used it as the red herring matts’ talked about to live longer and agent Dome lynched instead of him.  

Meanwhile, it provided his team cover to distance because they no longer have to try to keep him alive.  If he dies, fine, he gave away half his life anyway, if he lives okay, none of them have to make the deal for the eye til he’s gone.

So, it serves multiple purposes of muddying the thread on connections on a player who was getting a ton of heat, may get a mislynch and stoke paranoia, and conserves resources by not having to commit an unsuspected person to a shorter life.

I’m just piecing together what I understand, so if it makes no sense in the lore, just tell me.  I think it makes sense from the thread, which is what I know.

I see no inconsistencies between this theory and the show's lore.

I think it's a given that if Dome was targeted by the Death Note, either someone with a Death Note accepted the Shinigami eye deal or started the game with the power (as I previously mentioned, every Kira except Light did make the deal).

Obviously I can't really speculate what the limitations put on it or price for it in the context of the game itself.

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

This is literally exactly what hes doing though

Disagree. Just Dome, who isnt even really pushing him. 

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I think I'd rather vote someone who has posted but hasn't contributed. I think if Utley were scum his teammates would've had him post by now.

How many games have you played with Utley? 

9 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Dome to have been converted

Converted until he dies (presumable tonight). 

6 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Seems plausible. Accepting the eye probably means Rick is DtD as well though after some timeframe. Thats just a guess, but I would assume once you have the eye, you automatically die after some amount of time has passed. 

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

I already said you are scum.  You are the one who is now retaliating 🤔🤔

Someone coming up with a theory against you is not retaliating. 

Go back to the Marvel game. @Dome yelled and made every possible case against me for the first ~72 hours of the game. Then I remembered a connection and made a case against him. It wasnt retaliation, it was pure gameplay.