Mike Conley Jr. traded to Utah Jazz

CWood21

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Hopefully we let Favors walk and add a stretch 4. If we decline his team option we'll enter free agency with $19.3M and an MLE I believe so we'll be able to pursue two high end role players. Nikola Mirotic would be nice at the stretch 4 and then maybe another scorer/shooter off the bench. 

Conley - Mitchell - Ingles - Mirotic - Gobert 

That's one of the best teams we've had in the modern era, should be elite defensively with a lot more shooting and scoring. 

Still dont love the bench in Utah, honestly I dont like anything about it really. And you need about 8 guys to be a serious contender if you are building your roster this way

5 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Still dont love the bench in Utah, honestly I dont like anything about it really. And you need about 8 guys to be a serious contender if you are building your roster this way

Exum is a wild card and has the potential to be excellent off the bench, Royce O'Neal is a very solid 3&D guy, but other than that we definitely do need to add some fire power to the bench. I think we have an MLE we can use and then fill the rest of the bench out with high end vets on minimum deals looking to push for a title. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Exum is a wild card and has the potential to be excellent off the bench, Royce O'Neal is a very solid 3&D guy, but other than that we definitely do need to add some fire power to the bench. I think we have an MLE we can use and then fill the rest of the bench out with high end vets on minimum deals looking to push for a title. 

Literally every team thinks that.

12 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Every other team also isn't in Utah in the winter. 

That's cool. When did I ever suggest that Utah was a big market or a free agent destination? Funny to fans of teams like Phoenix (the worst franchise in the league) and Denver (the worse version of Utah) @champ11 clowning on us. We're better than both of you guys right now and will have some money to improve our roster assuming we let Favors walk. Mirotic has expressed a lot of interest in playing here in the past. 

People are legit clowning because I said we want to fill out the rest of our bench with veteran role players on cheap deals. Not ring chasers. Legit just guys that actually deserve smaller deals. Can give a bigger named stretch 4 a solid deal still too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's cool. When did I ever suggest that Utah was a big market or a free agent destination? Funny to fans of teams like Phoenix (the worst franchise in the league) and Denver (the worse version of Utah) @champ11 clowning on us. We're better than both of you guys right now and will have some money to improve our roster assuming we let Favors walk. Mirotic has expressed a lot of interest in playing here in the past. 

I am not clowning on the Jazz. In this thread I said they have a possibility of having the best record in the West. I just think Utah is probably in the bottom 10ish of places NBA players want to live. Which might balances out the winning.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I am not clowning on the Jazz. In this thread I said they have a possibility of having the best record in the West. I just think Utah is probably in the bottom 10ish of places NBA players want to live. Which might balances out the winning.

That's fine. All I said is that we'll have $19.3M to spend in free agency on a stretch 4, the MLE, and can fill the rest of our bench out with the remainder of the $19.3, any space we free up, and vet minimum guys. And people in the thread are acting like I said we're a free agent desination that's going to land elite star talent. 

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

everyone reading this should move to the better version of Denver rather than Denver

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

everyone reading this should move to the better version of Denver rather than Denver

As a franchise Utah > Denver. Your franchise player got out played by Enes Kanter in the playoffs. Lmao. Utah has always been competitive and found a way to acquire at least two marquee players. Hell you guys gave us Donavan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert for Trey Lyles and a pack of chips, thanks for that. 

Edited by NYRaider

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

As a franchise Utah > Denver. Your franchise player got out played by Enes Kanter in the playoffs. Lmao. 

Did Enes Kanter average better than 27/14/8 in that series? 

Look, I'm gonna take every chance I get to clown Utah. It's not personal. I'm just happy there are some Jazz fans on here. As long as y'all don't act like the Jazz fans on twitter