2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

According to synergy he ranked in the 2nd percentile finishing around the rim, 33rd percentile as a pick-n-roll scorer, and 25th percentile as a pick-n-roll passer. He was okay making difficult, inefficient shots. And I do admit that UNC's lack of talent didn't make things easier for him. But I just think he's an undersized two guard that doesn't have the athleticism or finishing ability to be a high end scorer in the league. He's going to have to get buckets taking/making difficult shots and it's just not sustainable. 

brad keselowski thumbs up GIF by NASCAR

Do your own scouting. Relying on synergy, who aren't infallible, means nothing. Roy ****ed Anthony this year. I hate Roy Williams because he simply cannot produce NBA talent. I watched every minute of UNC ball. Cole Anthony was NOT the problem. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Do your own scouting. Relying on synergy, who aren't infallible, means nothing. Roy ****ed Anthony this year. I hate Roy Williams because he simply cannot produce NBA talent. I watched every minute of UNC ball. Cole Anthony was NOT the problem. 

Cole Anthony certainly wasn't the problem. But I also think that he got exposed somewhat because he was supposed to be a top 5 talent and quite simply wasn't. I don't think he'll be a bad player in the league but I'm just not a fan of 6'2" shooting guards that struggle to finish around the rim and have to rely on hitting tough jump shots to get buckets. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Cole Anthony certainly wasn't the problem. But I also think that he got exposed somewhat because he was supposed to be a top 5 talent and quite simply wasn't. I don't think he'll be a bad player in the league but I'm just not a fan of 6'2" shooting guards that struggle to finish around the rim and have to rely on hitting tough jump shots to get buckets. 

Well, Portland has a pair of them that begs to differ. You won't ever win with just that but you can't convince me that Cole can't be another McCollum. (yes, I know McCollum is 6'3")

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Well, Portland has a pair of them that begs to differ. You won't ever win with just that but you can't convince me that Cole can't be another McCollum. (yes, I know McCollum is 6'3")

It's possibly but I don't think that it's likely. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Going out on a limb there....

In a best case scenario maybe he develops into a 20+ ppg scorer. But when you look at guys like Lillard, McCollum, etc they were elite scorers in college and did it efficiently. Something we haven't seen from Anthony yet. And again, the track record of players who have been super inefficient in college and then went on to become good scorers in the league isn't great. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

In a best case scenario maybe he develops into a 20+ ppg scorer. But when you look at guys like Lillard, McCollum, etc they were elite scorers in college and did it efficiently. Something we haven't seen from Anthony yet. And again, the track record of players who have been super inefficient in college and then went on to become good scorers in the league isn't great. 

McCollum and Lillard were also in college for 3+ years.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Cole Anthony is going to break a historical trend of players that sucked in college and then go onto NBA stardom.

Never said that. I don't know how you can misrepresent the fact that there's a ton of room between 9 PPG (Rivers, Mills) and 20 PPG. But, keep on doing what you do. I'll keep on being right.

Edited by beekay414