2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

37 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

No

It's seeming less likely that they'll be able to move the pick for a proven All-Star player. If they can't move it I think it's almost guaranteed that they're going to take Avdija, there's more and more chatter that's their favorite prospect in the class. He fits really well with your roster in a super 6th man type of role. 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

it is crazy to me that nesmith scored 23 points on 69% TS...that is unbelievably ridiculous 

dougie mcbuckets also basically did it tho nesmith prob averaged more stocks (steal + blocks) per gm than Doug got over an entire szn lol

Nesmith only played in 14 games last season. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 3:43 PM, OhioG said:

How would you guys evaluate Vassel vs Okoro when it comes to defense?

Probably the two best perimeter defenders in the class. As Sanchez said Okoro is a better athlete so he probably has more versatility long-term but Vassell is slightly better as a perimeter defender. Both guys should be plus defenders at the next level though. 

I think they're pretty close as prospects overall as well. And a team deciding between the two would make their decision based on which they like more, Vassell's floor or Okoro's ceiling.

Vassell is a good but not great athlete by NBA standards and I don't think he has enough explosiveness or playmaking ability to ever be a high end scorer or secondary creator. He's an excellent shooter at all levels though and he'll be a guy that can play anywhere because of his ability to knock down shots, finish in transition, and provide plus defense. 

Okoro on the other hand is a very good but not great athlete but NBA standards that has a nice combination of explosiveness, strength, and length. He also flashed a nice handle with the ability to create his own offense off the ability as well as above average passing ability for a wing. The biggest issue with Okoro is clearly his inability to consistently knock down three's which will dictate how his career progresses in the league. 

New Big Board

1. Onyeka Okongwu | C | USC 

2. Anthony Edwards | CG | Georgia

3. Killian Hayes | PG | France

4. Deni Avdija | F | Israel 

5. Aleksej Pokusevski | FC | Greece 

6. James Wiseman | C | Memphis

7. Isaac Okoro | GF | Auburn

8. Devin Vassell | GF | Florida State 

9. Tyrese Haliburton | PG | Iowa State

10. Patrick Williams | F | Florida State

11. Kira Lewis | CG | Alabama

12. Cole Anthony | CG | North Carolina

13. Aaron Nesmith | GF | Vanderbilt

14. Obi Toppin | F | Dayton 

15. Tyrell Terry | PG | Stanford

16. Precious Achiuwa | F | Memphis

17. Tyrese Maxey | CG | Kentucky

18. Jaden McDaniels | F | Washington

19. Theo Maledon | CG | France

20. RJ Hampton | CG | USA 

21. LaMelo Ball | CG | USA 

22. Leandro Bolmaro | GF | Spain 

23. Josh Green | GF | Arizona 

24. Desmond Bane | SG | TCU

25. Isaiah Stewart | C | Washington 

23 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Probably the two best perimeter defenders in the class. As Sanchez said Okoro is a better athlete so he probably has more versatility long-term but Vassell is slightly better as a perimeter defender. Both guys should be plus defenders at the next level though. 

I think they're pretty close as prospects overall as well. And a team deciding between the two would make their decision based on which they like more, Vassell's floor or Okoro's ceiling.

Vassell is a good but not great athlete by NBA standards and I don't think he has enough explosiveness or playmaking ability to ever be a high end scorer or secondary creator. He's an excellent shooter at all levels though and he'll be a guy that can play anywhere because of his ability to knock down shots, finish in transition, and provide plus defense. 

Okoro on the other hand is a very good but not great athlete but NBA standards that has a nice combination of explosiveness, strength, and length. He also flashed a nice handle with the ability to create his own offense off the ability as well as above average passing ability for a wing. The biggest issue with Okoro is clearly his inability to consistently knock down three's which will dictate how his career progresses in the league. 

Appreciate the insight.

Cavs clearly need a wing and someone who can play defense. I read someone say Okoro didnt have a great first step and would struggle on defense and got confused because I thought he was known for being a great defender.

4 minutes ago, OhioG said:

Appreciate the insight.

Cavs clearly need a wing and someone who can play defense. I read someone say Okoro didnt have a great first step and would struggle on defense and got confused because I thought he was known for being a great defender.

Okoro seems like a Justice Winslow clone with a better upside.. I love Wing defenders who can switch and defend, but if you aren't a really good shooter, than I pass.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

New Big Board

Even if Poku reaches his offensive potential in how many years 2-4 years?? How the hell is he going to switch on PNRs?? 

Edited by resilient part 2

24 minutes ago, OhioG said:

Appreciate the insight.

Avdija is a nice fit with you guys but I don't think he makes it to #5. 

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

New Big Board

Just looking at Saddiq Bey’s numbers seem like he’s translate into an elite offensive role player.  He’s a little old for a soph.