2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If the Bulls like LaMelo Ball I would try to trade down to #4 if I was the Warriors. 

Warriors receive: Wendell Carter Jr, Thad Young, Tomas Satoransky, #4 pick (Deni Avdija) 

Bulls receive: Andrew Wiggins, #2 pick (LaMelo Ball)

I hope the Bulls are that stupid lol. Imagine having to share the basketball between LaMelo, LaVine and Wiggins. I'd feel bad for Lauri Markkanen.

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mock Draft 2.0

1. Minnesota: Anthony Edwards | SG | Georgia

2. Golden State: Deni Avdija | F | Israel 

3. Charlotte: James Wiseman | C | Memphis 

4. Chicago: LaMelo Ball | PG | USA

5. Cleveland:  Obi Toppin | F | Dayton 

6. Atlanta: Tyrese Haliburton | PG | Iowa State

7. Detroit: Killian Hayes | PG | France

8. New York: Devin Vassell | GF | Florida State

9. Washington: Onyeka Okongwu | C | USC 

10. Phoenix: Cole Anthony | PG | North Carolina

11. San Antonio: Isaac Okoro | GF | Auburn

12. Sacramento: Saddiq Bey | F | Villanova

13. New Orleans: Aaron Nesmith | GF | Vanderbilt 

14. Boston: Aleksej Pokusevski | FC | Greece 

15. Orlando: Kira Lewis | CG | Alabama

16. Portland: Precious Achiuwa | F | Memphis

17. Minnesota: Patrick Williams | F | Florida State

18. Dallas: Tyrese Maxey | CG | Kentucky

19. Brooklyn: Jahmi'us Ramsey | CG | Texas Tech

20. Miami: Jaden McDaniels | F | Washington 

21. Philadelphia: Tyrell Terry | PG | Stanford 

22. Denver: Josh Green | SG | Arizona 

23. Utah: Daniel Oturu | C | Minnesota 

24. Milwaukee: Theo Maledon | PG | France 

25. Oklahoma City: Robert Woodard | F | Mississippi State 

26. Boston: Jalen Smith | C | Maryland 

27. New York: Nico Mannion | PG | Arizona 

28. Los Angeles: RJ Hampton | CG | USA

29. Toronto: Tyler Bey | F | Colorado 

30. Boston: Leandro Bolmaro | GF | Spain

Good job again over  All..

Just some random  Thoughts,

If Okoro fell to number 11,  It wouldn't surprise me of Danny ainge trades up  To try to get him, he does love defensive studs.

On 9/12/2020 at 3:05 PM, beekay414 said:

I hope the Bulls are that stupid lol. Imagine having to share the basketball between LaMelo, LaVine and Wiggins. I'd feel bad for Lauri Markkanen.

If LaMelo is there at #4, I am like 95% confident they'll take him. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

lol then scrap everything we just said in the MDA thread smh

Reportedly the Warriors like Haliburton more than Ball and are exploring trading down with a team that wants Ball. 

Teams that come to mind would be Chicago, Detroit, New York, and Washington. 

On 9/14/2020 at 12:37 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Take away the hype of base everything just on basketball ability, I still can't see LaMelo as a top 10 player...

If you take away his name recognition he certainly isn't a top 10 player in the class. How many guards are thriving in the league that can't shoot? We've seen Lonzo's struggles to shoot/score in the league and he was a much better shooter and scorer than LaMelo at the same stage. He was also a better athlete, defender, and passer. 

He's a big guard with a good handle and is a high end passer for sure. But he's a below average athlete by NBA standards that lacks the explosiveness to consistently beat guys off the dribble and the lateral quickness to consistently stay in front of guys defensively. He has a questionable basketball IQ which is evident in his shot selection/tendency to turn the ball over looking for flashy plays, a broken jump shot, and is miserable defensively. I don't see anyway that he has a huge impact early in his career outside of his passing ability. He has struggled to shoot at every level he has played at and that will ring true in the NBA as well. And I don't think he's athletic enough to consistently score or get to the FT line. 

I think a realistic and fair comparison for Ball is Michael Carter-Williams. A tall PG with below average athleticism, above average passing ability, and a broken jumper. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Bam's performance tonight is why Okongwu is such an intriguing prospect, he's a carbon copy of Bam. 

Two biggest differences is Bam turned into like the 2nd best passing big man in the NBA and OO hasn't been good there. And Bam is a crazy person (with effort and mentality).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Two biggest differences is Bam turned into like the 2nd best passing big man in the NBA and OO hasn't been good there. And Bam is a crazy person (with effort and mentality).

Bam wasn't a good passer coming out of Kentucky either though. He averaged 0.8 apg and had twice as many TO (64) as assists (32) during his lone season there. 

Okongwu is a better rebounder, shot blocker, and is more polished offensively than Bam was coming out. 

Edited by NYRaider

53 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Bam wasn't a good passer coming out of Kentucky either though. He averaged 0.8 apg and had twice as many TO (64) as assists (32) during his lone season there. 

Okongwu is a better rebounder, shot blocker, and is more polished offensively than Bam was coming out. 

Just cause Bam could turn into an elite passer doesn't mean anyone can tho

And Bam got way better cause he is an insane person. Okoro had a better freshman year than a lot of the best wings in the NBA (Kawhi, Jimmy, PG, prob Jaylen etc) doesn't mean he is gonna turn into one of the best players in the NBA. 

Bam plays with so much force, I doubt OO will.

19 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Just cause Bam could turn into an elite passer doesn't mean anyone can tho

And Bam got way better cause he is an insane person. Okoro had a better freshman year than a lot of the best wings in the NBA (Kawhi, Jimmy, PG, prob Jaylen etc) doesn't mean he is gonna turn into one of the best players in the NBA. 

Bam plays with so much force, I doubt OO will.

It certainly doesn't but OO has flashed his passing ability as well. If you would've told anyone during the 2017 draft that Bam would develop into an elite passer they probably would've thought you were crazy. 

OO has the highest motor of any big in the class, is an elite rim protector, an elite finisher around the rim, and an above average rebounder. His success in the league will be dependent on how his jump shot and passing progresses. But he has shown better passing ability, a better shooting stroke, and a more polished offensive game than Bam did at the same stage. 

One of the reasons that I like OO so much is because he has a high ceiling but he also has a moderately high floor as well. Even if he's never a great shooter or passer he's going to be a high end rim protector, rebounder, and finisher. With the mobility and defensive versatility to switch everything and be a force in transition.