2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Apparently the Warriors love Devin Vassell if they trade down. 

Someone suggested it in the other thread but I think a trade with Detroit would make a lot of sense for both teams. 

Detroit receives: #2, #48, #51

Golden State receives: #7, Luke Kennard, Derrick Rose

The Warriors adding Kennard, Rose, and Vassell to their bench would be huge. 

Other recent NBA draft rumors: 

• The Hawks like Tyrese Haliburton, Isaac Okoro, Deni Avdija, and Devin Vassell at #6

• The Knicks did extensive research into Cole Anthony but aren't likely to pick him. 

• The Cavaliers really like Obi Toppin at #5 

• NBA teams are apparently higher on Jalen Smith then the media is and he might be a late lottery / mid 1st round pick

Edited by NYRaider

I wasn't high on Wiseman early on but I've come around on him as a prospect. But I have no idea why in the world that's who the Knicks would/are targeting. 

They were the worst 3 point shooting team in the league last year and 27th in assists. While their most intriguing young prospect is Mitchell Robinson, a center, whose development got stunted last season because they signed like 5 other big men in free agency. 

So their solution to try and fix their team? 

Draft another center or a guard that cannot shoot at all. Absolutely incredible. 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I wasn't high on Wiseman early on but I've come around on him as a prospect. But I have no idea why in the world that's who the Knicks would/are targeting. 

They were the worst 3 point shooting team in the league last year and 27th in assists. While their most intriguing young prospect is Mitchell Robinson, a center, whose development got stunted last season because they signed like 5 other big men in free agency. 

So their solution to try and fix their team? 

Draft another center or a guard that cannot shoot at all. Absolutely incredible. 

We would have to be trading Mitch if Wiseman falls to #8. No sense of just giving Mitch to the Warriors just to secure Wiseman. Barrett/Wiseman has more potential than Barrett/Robinson, imo. Although, defensively Mitch has DPOY potential, I just don't think he'll ever turn into a competent Robin on offense. Which is my main concern moving forward. Will he have enough game to be able to help on both sides. Wiseman could very well lead the league in blocks while creating his own offense in the post, and elbow. A part of his game that is severely underrated is his passing around the elbows. Very in tune with what is going on on offense which is trait Mitch doesn't have yet or might not ever develop. 

6 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

We would have to be trading Mitch if Wiseman falls to #8. No sense of just giving Mitch to the Warriors just to secure Wiseman. Barrett/Wiseman has more potential than Barrett/Robinson, imo. Although, defensively Mitch has DPOY potential, I just don't think he'll ever turn into a competent Robin on offense. Which is my main concern moving forward. Will he have enough game to be able to help on both sides. Wiseman could very well lead the league in blocks while creating his own offense in the post, and elbow. A part of his game that is severely underrated is his passing around the elbows. Very in tune with what is going on on offense which is trait Mitch doesn't have yet or might not ever develop. 

Which would work I just don't think it's the right move to trade Robinson. He has to clean some things up but he has a chance to be one of the best defensive players in the league and an anchor for you guys inside. I agree that he'll never be a competent Robin on offense but that's not his game and that's okay. I think he can be a 15/12/3 guy on crazy good efficiency. 

You guys desperately need more shooting, playmaking, and defensive versatility. If you guys are able to sign Fred VanVleet then I think Devin Vassell is a no brainer selection at #8 if he's on the board. It's not a sexy pick by any means and he doesn't have huge upside but he'll be a 38-40% 3 point shooter and should be an All-NBA defender sooner rather than later as well. If you guys added FVV and Vassell you'd be adding a ton of shooting and two legit defenders. 

I'm excited to see what Tom T can do with RJ Barrett this year and how he develops but you guys are going to need to add more shooting / have better spacing for him to thrive. 

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

riller is prob the most nba ready scorer in the draft

meaning he is the best scorer in the draft at this moment

but he is also like 3-4 years older than everyone else so that makes sense

He'll be this years Kyle Kuzma. Multi-year college player and under the radar prospect that gets picked at the back end of the first round and has an impact scoring the ball immediately. We saw Kuzma make a nice impact for the Lakers as a rookie but has pretty much remained the same player in the last two seasons. I think Riller will have a similar career trajectory as a guy that's more NBA ready now but has limited upside going forward. Like Kuzma he is who he is and probably won't make much of an impact in any other area other than being able to score. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He'll be this years Kyle Kuzma. Multi-year college player and under the radar prospect that gets picked at the back end of the first round and has an impact scoring the ball immediately. We saw Kuzma make a nice impact for the Lakers as a rookie but has pretty much remained the same player in the last two seasons. I think Riller will have a similar career trajectory as a guy that's more NBA ready now but has limited upside going forward. Like Kuzma he is who he is and probably won't make much of an impact in any other area other than being able to score. 

Idk. Thanks to Rillers quickness’s and fluid hips I think he can figure it out and help out on defense as well (not elite but someone you can count on to not get burned repeatedly). He’s also a better passer than Kuzma is a rebounder. I think it was silly to trade Ingram over Kuzma because they valued Kuz more. Wut?

Edited by YogiBiz

2 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

I think it was silly to trade Ingram over Kuzma because they valued Kuz more. Wut?

This can't be real, right? The Pelicans definitely valued Ingram more and that's gotta be who they insisted on.

They weren't getting Davis without Ingram. No way the Lakers chose to trade Ingram over Kuzma.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

This can't be real, right? The Pelicans definitely valued Ingram more and that's gotta be who they insisted on.

They weren't getting Davis without Ingram. No way the Lakers chose to trade Ingram over Kuzma.

Idk I kept reading articles that made it seem like Pelinka wanted Kuzma to stay more than Ingram because trading Ingram would open up more cap room for a potential Kawhi-LeBron-AD trio. 

6 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

There's absolutely no way that they valued Kuzma over Ingram.