2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

Just talking about the vid.  He looks slow and his body looks soft.  

Yeah, I can see that. He's not the quickest or most athletic guy but he makes up for it because of his height (6'6") and length (6'11" WS) so he's still able to finish well around the rim and score over guys. Marshall's issue was that he wasn't a great athlete but was also pretty small and didn't have great length either. 

I think his numbers early on will be similar to what Lonzo Ball put up this season but slightly better efficiency across the board. 

Deni Avdija apparently blew the Warriors away in his workout today. Might be a smoke screen though because Chicago is also reportedly in love with him and interested in trading up. 

Chicago receives: #2 pick, Kevon Looney, Jordan Poole

Golden State receives: #4 pick, Wendell Carter, Thad Young, Chandler Hutchison 

This seems like a great trade for all parties involved, both in terms of helping the team overall and getting their salary caps in order:

https://tradenba.com/trades/rgUN7QoZd

Bulls:

Coby/Sato
Lavine/Hutchinson
Porter/Avdija
Markkanen/Young
Horford/Gafford

Warriors:

Curry/Bowman
Richardson/Poole
Klay/Lee
Green/Paschall
Carter/Wiseman/Looney

Sixers:

Simmons/Milton
Thybulle/Zhaire
Wiggins/Korkmaz
Harris/Scott
Embiid/Nnaji

6 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

This seems like a great trade for all parties involved, both in terms of helping the team overall and getting their salary caps in order:

https://tradenba.com/trades/rgUN7QoZd

That move makes sense for everyone although if Chicago was moving up to #2 I'm assuming they'd be targeting LaMelo Ball. They desperately need a PG and more playmaking. And if Golden State acquired Wendell Carter while giving up Wiggins I'm assuming they'd be targeting another guard/wing. They love to play small so adding Carter and Wiseman who probably can't play together much wouldn't really help them. I'd guess in this scenario they target Killian Hayes, Deni Avdija, Devin Vassell, or Isaac Okoro. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

2nd round prospects that could be steals

Ty-Shon Alexander | CG | Creighton 

Isaiah Joe | CG | Arkansas 

Robert Woodard II | F | Mississippi State

Markus Howard | PG | Marquette

Cassius Stanley | GF | Duke

Killian Tillie | PF | Gonzaga

literally a perfect stretch 4 in today's game. He could be Davis Bertans v2.0.

Payton Pritchard | PG | Oregon

Kid just knows the game. He'll have a long career. If TJ McConnell can stick, Pritchard will be a 10+ year pro.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Payton Pritchard | PG | Oregon

Kid just knows the game. He'll have a long career. If TJ McConnell can stick, Pritchard will be a 10+ year pro.

Yeah he'll definitely stick around the league for a while. I expect he'll be a mid 2nd round pick, play on a two way contract, and then end up as a backup PG somewhere. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah he'll definitely stick around the league for a while. I expect he'll be a mid 2nd round pick, play on a two way contract, and then end up as a backup PG somewhere. 

For sure. He might not even need a 2 way deal. No reason he couldn't be a 15th man immediately. Coaches love smart try hard types that are coaches on the floor. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Would not shock me one bit. He's an ideal 4 in today's game. 44% career 3pt shooter at Gonzaga.

I think Duncan Robinson's play in the bubble definitely helped his draft stock. 

A prospect I just heard about and am intrigued by is Jay Scrubb. He's a 6'6" 200 wing with a 6'9" wingspan coming out of John Logan Community College in Kentucky. He was the #1 rated JUCO player in the country but declared for the draft and is expected to be the first JUCO guy to be selected in the last 15 years. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

A prospect I just heard about and am intrigued by is Jay Scrubb. He's a 6'6" 200 wing with a 6'9" wingspan coming out of John Logan Community College in Kentucky. He was the #1 rated JUCO player in the country but declared for the draft and is expected to be the first JUCO guy to be selected in the last 15 years. 

Is he the kid that was supposed to go to Louisville?