2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

I agree with all of that. Whoever takes a chance on him early is banking on him becoming a respectable outside shooter and improving tremendously as a playmaker/ball-handler. I like Vassell a lot more than Okoro. 

I'm with ya. Vassell absolutely should go off the board before Okoro.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I'm with ya. Vassell absolutely should go off the board before Okoro.

I think Vassell might be the most underrated player in the class. He doesn't have a super high ceiling offensively but he should still be a good offensive player. He's excellent in catch-n-shoot situations, can finish above the rim, and is actually a better scorer off the bounce then I expected. Not to mention he has All-NBA defensive potential. 

What do you think of Haliburton? 

Just now, NYRaider said:

think Vassell might be the most underrated player in the class. He doesn't have a super high ceiling offensively but he should still be a good offensive player. He's excellent in catch-n-shoot situations, can finish above the rim, and is actually a better scorer off the bounce then I expected. Not to mention he has All-NBA defensive potential. 

I think he can be Klay Thompson.

Just now, NYRaider said:

What do you think of Haliburton? 

What's not to like? Smart ballhandler, long, good team defender, shoots well, makes the right pass. He's never going to be a superstar but there's no reason he can't be what MCW was supposed to be.

I think he can be Klay Thompson.

What's not to like? Smart ballhandler, long, good team defender, shoots well, makes the right pass. He's never going to be a superstar but there's no reason he can't be what MCW was supposed to be.

That's high praise but I could see it. 

Haliburton to me is essentially Lonzo Ball if he was elite in catch-n-shoot situations. 

Thoughts on Anthony Edwards?

Just now, NYRaider said:

Thoughts on Anthony Edwards?

All world, bully ball athlete that'll go as far as his jumper takes him. Nobody has better tools in this class than he does but I question the BBIQ and his shot. If he's a team player and adapts, he could be good. If he's a me first type, he's going to be a better fantasy player than actual NBAer.

Let's put it this way, if I had the #1 pick in this draft, I'm taking Killian Hayes.

If I had the #1 pick and I was Minnesota I'd take Okongwu. Not a sexy pick at all but he can play alongside KAT and would really help them defensively. Hayes is my favorite guard/wing prospect in the class though, he's so skilled. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If I had the #1 pick and I was Minnesota I'd take Okongwu. Not a sexy pick at all but he can play alongside KAT and would really help them defensively. Hayes is my favorite guard/wing prospect in the class though, he's so skilled. 

Haha yeah, not situation specific, obviously. I think I'd go Hayes, Okongwu, Vassell, Avdija.

Edited by beekay414

Haha yeah, not situation specific, obviously. I think I'd go Hayes, Okongwu, Vassell.

I think Hayes is being slept on big time. I personally can't see anything anyone can say to justify Edwards or Ball being a better prospect then him. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think Hayes is being slept on big time. I personally can't see anything anyone can say to justify Edwards or Ball being a better prospect then him. 

I don't get it either. My luck, he'll fall to the Bulls and Billy D will make him a star.

Aleksej Pokusevski is another huge wildcard in the draft. He could go high in the lottery or slip to the second round like Bol Bol. Interested to see reports about how he looks in private workouts and to see official measurements for him. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Same response lol. Just hope the Bulls eff up the pick.

I think Haliburton would be a solid pick for them. He can play with Coby or LaVine and would provide them with some much needed playmaking. 

Edited by NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I think Haliburton would be a solid pick for them. He can play with Coby or LaVine and would provide them with some much needed playmaking. 

Yeah, we've discussed Haliburton too. I'm just hoping they do something stupid like taking Toppin or Ball.